Are these the best spells...

Are these the best spells? so lame! i didn't enter the capital yet and I thought there would be much cooler late game spells

Attached: 23490239234.png (1334x741, 530.38K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/kouyGeuN090
youtu.be/qjFM5jPnFKc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

bump

games are afraid to make wizards badass.

Dragon's Dogma did it right. Wizards were extremely powerful with titanic and insanely powerful spells. If you knew what you were doing you could demolish end game bosses. And it never was broken because they took like half a minute to cast. Some people say it's tedious, i say it's cool.
Some demonstrations:
youtu.be/kouyGeuN090
youtu.be/qjFM5jPnFKc

yeah, that seems cooler. at least moonveil and light sword are fun to use, just wish the sorceries themselves were cooler.

>those meteor impacts
Jesus, that feels great. Why don't other games do this?

>Are these the best spells?
No, they're too mana inefficient or too slow for actual use. If you want a big fuck-the-boss-in-the-ass spell you just use Comet Azur and the rest are redundant. Meteorite of Astel is good for PvP, but the others are useless.
The actual best spells in the game are Rock Sling, Glintstone Pebble (yes, the shitty starter spell), Comet Azur, Terra Magicus (for buffing Comet Azur boss kills), one of the big multi projectile spam spells for PvP, and then maybe Loretta's Longbow for when you need a long range attack and don't want to waste the mana on Comet

Seriously though Pebble and Rock Sling you can get in the first 30 minutes in the game and you literally do not need another spell for the entire rest of the game.

Yeah, they were really lackluster for the most part. I didn't fully spec into a sorcerer but the pebble gave the most bang for your buck. It did 300 damage for the cost of 6 fp while most other did 500-600 for 20-30 fp while taking longer to cast. Comet azur is cool but it's either underwhelming or cheesy depending on how you go about using it. The coolest ones were the caria sword ones but they also sucked.
I wish Dragon's Dogma was in the pedestal that Ds is in right now. So many fresh and interesting design choices. I like Dark Souls a lot but some things don't translate well, and FromSoft seems to be focusing on the wrong things in my opinion.
Can't wait for the Elden Ring clones to pop up

I mean, these are impossible in a Souls game, even with the ER's summons.

Maybe in Dark Souls 1 or 2 if they had shorter casting times. I remember the skull item that distracted some enemies. Using that to distract a boss while you setup a nuke sounds like fun even if cheesy. Would probably make for a fun run

>wtf why is my game hard even though magic has been the most efficient method speedrunners have been using in all souls games
>huhhh yeah but you know they're not cool enough!! like a huge lazer beam coming out of my staff or making it rain meteors?? no thanks, not enough!
the faggotry is absolute

They are cool, just not very fun to use. If you go in blind and try to go for a sorcerer you will quickly find a int scalling weapon and neglect your sorceries for most of the game. They aren't that powerful and coupled with weird and nonsensical fp costs they just feel lackluster. Azur beam is good because of the flask that gives you infinite fp for 10 seconds. If it weren't for that it wouldn't be nearly as good or used

and that's a good thing and has been this way in all souls games and will forever be this way because making range not only overpowered but riskless is a sure way to make the game absolute garbage

you're meant to use your weapon 50%+ of the time, even as a 'pure' mage, unsure why anyone was expecting this game to be somehow different on that front

Nah, that's fucking shit. What's the fucking point investing all that time and manpower creating them when they are almost all shit, cost too much, and too slow to be viable for gameplay.

A pure balanced mage is cool. Like i showed, some games have done it like Dragon's Dogma. I wasn't expecting it, it would just be cool. They even tried it with the sword spells and the pebble being a very good "bread and butter" spell. It just fucks it up with the midgame and lategame spells

shame the actual gameplay is sitting there holding a button down

they're very much viable and you expecting them to do literally all the work for you means that you're not the target audience in the first place, fuck off back to your chink games

>balanced
>spinning your staff for 10 seconds in the one off chance of one shotting a boss
do not bother replying to this post

How is INT/Faith compared to pure INTceldom?

deoends what you want them for, if you are talking about game clearing spells
>pebble
>that one that shoots 3 homing pebbles
>the freeze peeble
>comet azure
>the spell that ups your damage
>rocks
dunno about pvp because i pirated the game

Attached: 1639630977444.jpg (600x600, 84.72K)

>spinning your staff for 10 seconds in the one off chance of one shotting a boss
The game is balanced around the pawn system. You have three pawns that you can fully costumize. Casting those spells is extremely hard and it's always rewarding when you are able to do it because you played your cards right when you chose and built your pawns. You can't one shot bosses but you can fuck them up pretty bad with spells, especially because they can fuck up their body parts quite easily. It's balanced because they take a fuck ton of time to cast and they are not the only spells.
You are being needlessly blunt and agressive and that isn't helping your argument

Almost everything costs more fp than weapon arts while being slower and doing less damage per cast.

and you take half as many risks because you're pussying twenty meters away, as opposed to when you'd want to use a weapon art, yeah

this is balance

not only is it pretty stupid of you to use dragon's dogma as an example for 'balanced mages' when you yourself admit that it only works the way it does because of the pawn system, but you're also wrong about it being good because it's absolutely garbage game design and would never work in any game trying to be anything but wizard wanking simulator

>what do you mean I can't one hit nuke bosses and obliterate all enemies in sight instantly with magic XDD
playing the wrong game

Just hitting everything with a weapon is usually better than even the weakest spell because spells have cast time, are slow, cost fp, and they also use stamina that could have been used for a weapon attack or dodge.