Am i too late to the party?

am i too late to the party?

Attached: 5873411.jpg (616x353, 62.57K)

i played this in my super slim ps3 back in 2015, from what i remember, it was weird

that wasn't called dust 514?

The party ended 10 years ago.

nope
people are always rolling new characters
shit's been streamlined a lot to help new players
and nowadays you can buy Skill Injectors with ISK allowing you to quickly catch up.
it's unironically got deep PVP mechanics while also being very RL friendly.
unlike other MMOs where you fall behind if you dont grind 40 hours a week, Eve is targeted towards married boomer Dads with kids, so you can play it as little or as often as you want.
it's strength is that it's got more content than you could ever poke a stick at, but it's weakness is that it's such a Sandbox that if you need your hand held like in other games then you'll probably end up not liking it.

Its hands down the best social online game that exists and has the best/worst community out of all online games.
Friends you make in Eve will likely still be your friends 10 years from now.
DONT PLAY IT SOLO
FIND BROS
FLY WITH BROS

that was the FPS game made by the Chinese off-shoot of the Eve devs. it died because they made it PS3 exclusive a month before the PS4 came out.

Attached: 1341776944753.jpg (1556x1239, 377.14K)

Mandalore's review is the only proper accurate one on the internet.
watch it and you'll know if its for you or not
there's also a thread up in /vm/ most of the time but it's full of bittervets and players who quit years ago who spam pictures of cute doggos

Attached: 964687_10152161448834394_723132856_o.jpg (2048x1152, 786.63K)

>2004 was 58 years ago

Attached: 1453059651700.jpg (949x632, 51.31K)

I checked this shit years ago and found out you needed 28 years of play to unlock everything, or something like that.
Assuming it shares the same dumb SP system as Dust 514 (awful shitty game btw), you will never ever be able to catch up with older players.
I don't like spy shit and people ruining decade old alliances so that's another thing (that point is just a matter of taste tho).
I come from OGame, logically I should want to play Eve, but I don't. It's too late, and it was already too late years ago.
And I would miss all the autistic OGame shit and being a lone wolf predator stalking my targets every 20 minutes each day for an opening (the kind of opening that happens only every 6 months, when the guy has a car crash or must drive his child to the hospital)

Never too late to jump on, but game's in a slump right now. Play with people, never alone.

>Eve is targeted towards married boomer Dads with kids
I lasted played in 2013, glad to see nothing has changed

skillpoints =/= how good you are at the game
also considering that 90% of the game takes place in Frigate/Destroyer/Cruiser-sized ships it only takes a month or two to train everything you'll use most of the time.
like 3/4 of the game's SP is capital ships and obscure industry skills you'll never use
>I should want to play Eve, but I don't. It's too late, and it was already too late years ago.
Eve turns 20 years old this year and will likely still be just as active 20 years from now.
All you lose by making this excuse is knowing that you'll say the same shit in 10 year's time when everyone else has spent that time having fun killing chinks/russians

i wouldnt call it a slump, more like
>russians are banned from the internet, so the entire SE corner of the map cant log in
>covid's basically ended so everyone's back at work after playing 80 hours a week """working from home ;)""" for the last 2 years
>~12 months of a big war ended anti-climactically when one side literally just gave up after promising a big final battle showdown
>industry was nerfed hard, then rebuffed so everyone's busy mining instead of shooting cunts

100% this
game's boring alone
find mates
fly with mates

Attached: u8nq9heqefg41.jpg (1000x1000, 175.46K)

the jarringly out of place doctor who crossover broke the community's collective good faith and it's just a doompost ghost town now

140m sp the old fashioned way, took a long time. Now you can just swipe.

eh the event was fine
it just had nothing to do with Doctor Who thought apart from 1 or 2 cosmetics which only whales bought anyway.
looking forward to future collabs

i mean you could always legally buy characters on the market so nothing's really changed there.
not to mention someone buying 50mil SP still has no idea how to fly their shit.

Attached: kkt3kzcilba81.png (549x963, 509.15K)

In Dust 514 you got SP passively non stop at a low rate, and a certain quantity by playing a little each day.
ISK was used to buy stuff, SP was used to unlock more options and get passive stat bonuses on everything.
You start 1 year after launch, you lost 1 year worth of SP.
If it's the same in Eve, then I have already lost 20 years worth of SP, and if what you get with SP is more than a ridiculous microscopic increase in whatever, I'm at disavantage.
But ok, I might get really good at the game and build a huge fleet (because it costs other ressources than SP, ressources you can get more rapidly and easily I guess), it will still be a fleet made of paper compared to older player's fleets.
And if you can buy SP with real money, it's not a fix, it's cancer.
Am I right ?

>i wouldnt call it a slump, more like
It's a ton of different things, a super-complex game's gonna have tons of issues about it with tons of conflicting viewpoints from tons of different perspectives. If you ask me it's
>Several different engaging ways to play becoming depopulated or extinct, especially PVP-centered ones
>The crap economy/industry forcing people to engage in boring activities just to fund engaging things that happen less frequently
>Old features or activities that are outdated or need an overhaul/revamp but not getting anything for years, if anything substantial at all
>Decreased dev-team size being a third of what it was 10 years ago, meaning priorities and update rollout is slow
Plus the things you said, and a ton of others I didn't list and it's a slump for sure. I think there may be an uptick in players this summer as a 6+ hour long Down the Rabbit Hole documentary about Eve is gonna release in June/July.

>If it's the same in Eve, then I have already lost 20 years worth of SP
>when 15 years of that SP is T2 Research shit and useless fringe skills you never use
yeah mate i'm sure you use that 90 days of Command Ships V all the time lol

yes and no. you can still have fun with it but the game has stagnated immensely, even though I think it is one of the most unique MMOs you can play and one of the only worthwhile ones because of its freedom, I would still hesitate to recommend it to anybody

>Several different engaging ways to play becoming depopulated or extinct, especially PVP-centered ones
lol no
fights have always been there
try undocking and making some content instead of waiting for your FC to log in and do it for you
>The crap economy/industry forcing people to engage in boring activities just to fund engaging things that happen less frequently
economy's in a great place right now. stop parroting opinions you heard from Goon bittervets
>Old features or activities that are outdated or need an overhaul/revamp but not getting anything for years, if anything substantial at all
this is mostly because any minor change to missions or null anoms will be met with giant outcry and salty tears.
their new content has the new improved AI, but they dont dare push that AI through to missions because carebears will have a sook
>Decreased dev-team size being a third of what it was 10 years ago, meaning priorities and update rollout is slow
updates have come out at the same rate they always have my guy
they tried monthly updates for a bit but realised all it did was delay actual meaningful updates back to meet monthly deadlines

>stagnated immensely
again, stop parroting Goon propaganda
want a fight?
fucking undock and find one

tl;dr
cunts have been saying "EVE IS DYING!!!" for 19 years & 10 months now
do yourselves a favour and go back to WoW
cuz you guys sound exactly like the "WAAH I'M BORED" types who never undock because they expect to be spoonfed.

Attached: 1376760883567.png (1800x1050, 1.19M)

you can pretend it's not stagnating and hasn't incorporated bad mechanics and that it isn't catering to its strengths as much as it needs to in order to succeed. you can pretend that small gang pvp dominates the game. you can also fool exactly 0 people because probably most people who posted here have played eve and aren't retarded, unlike you

@1358
do you even think about the words you typed before you hit the post button? lmao

Attached: 1532653456074.png (372x365, 127.03K)

You are just in time to play something else.

Don't play EVE. Don't do this to yourself.

I mean, not really, I thought more about the decade I've played eve. be curious to know what you were thinking, though

>played Eve in 2010
>so he's an expert on how it is now
cool man
dont forget to take your Alzheimer's medication before you go to bed in 20 minutes

>dont do this to yourself
>when it's the most casual online game on the market
>that requires the least amount of hours and commitment
mate you know most people only log on 1 or 2 hours a week right?
if you're talking about being forced to spend 20 hours a week grinding to keep up, then WoW/14's that way

By more than a decade, yes.
Do not believe the shills ITT.

Attached: 1630178808958.jpg (1079x985, 78.4K)

>most people only log on 1 or 2 hours a week
Then why play a subscription at all? Go play NMS, Everspace, Rebel Galaxy, etc.

Attached: 93056925_p2.png (831x832, 213.9K)