Is it really that good

Is it really that good.
As someone who doesn't care one bit about jrpgs someone recommend this to me.
The review scores seem obscenely high

Attached: 51-AralNylL._AC_.jpg (351x500, 43.2K)

shakespeare + star wars + jrpg tropes

if that doesn't sell you i don't know what will

It's the only FF game i have not finished yet. I've tried a few times, but i just can't get used to the party and world even though i love FFT and Vagrant Story.
The combat system is great though, especially in the zodiac age version.

How the fuck do into gambits lads...

Attached: 1628537991412.png (433x389, 279.2K)

I think you gotta have some familiarity with JRPGs and specially ATB to really get how cool some of the things this game does are. It's the one of the only FF I've bothered to finish recently, funnily enough considering the post above me hahaha

If you don't care at all about JRPGs I really doubt FFXII will change your mind. It's not a bad game but it's probably not for you.

12's dogshit.
it's a singleplayer offline XI that has gambits (aka: an in-game botting mechanic) so you dont even have to actually play the game.
You can just set it to farm or exp for you while you go to work.

Maybe even the best final fantasy. It's a fucking masterpiece. Not even cutesy/colorful JRPG if that's not your thing. A fucking masterpiece. Would sell my soul to go back and play it as a kid again

I'm in the minority that actually liked the gambit system. It's a nice looking game that I know I beat, but I don't remember anything about the story at all.

Attached: 3762838164419.png (1434x1440, 1.71M)

Gambits were unique and big brain. Never heard of anyone just botting while they go to work either because you still have to move around. Story, world and soundtrack are 11/10. Fucking kys

does anyone know if the zodiac age job system made the game better or worse?
it seems like you get locked into a class and you cant just switch whenever you want

literally could not be more wrong. you sound like a 12yo reiterating what someone who saw 5 minutes of gameplay said. nothing like XI and you can't set it to autoplay when you need to move around

When it came out on PS2 I didn't like it, but I gave it another try with the PS4 release and it was good. If you ignore Vaan's bullshit it's actually pretty above average for the series. After XIII and XV it was so nice to finally play a decent FF after so long.

Top 3 Final Fantasy. Ivalice is the best world of any of the games; the lore is amazing. World map is expansive. Gambit system is really easy, IDK why brainlets can't use it.
Story is decent. Nothing crazy, just steampunk Star Wars.

theres a certain boss you can fight and it spawns minions and you can set up your gambit to only attack foes under a certain amount of health and just spam mp regen and heals
it was in a dungeon in some snow covered area

its pretty good, yeah. the only bad part is the great crystal, but i think thats optional.

>Gambits were unique and big brain
They really were neither. Action RPGs of the time had programmable orders for your party members (see the Tales series for an example) for a long time and FFXII does it much worse because eventually you can have 9999 gambit slots to essentially program the AI to act ideally at every situation, turning the game into what is essentially cookie clicker with FF classes. It's stupid as fuck and telling your white mage to heal your poison as soon as it hits you while staying on the back is not only retarded busywork, but telling of how retarded you have to be in order to find that engrossing. You know what could've been fun? Actually adapting the combat system into readable ATB where you're switching party members constantly in order to give out the right orders and gain an edge in battle. Guess which game does that? Yeah, literally every single fucking RPG out there that's tried this real time combat system that ISN'T FFXII, a game for fucking idiots with the brain of a mentally deficient indian.

Possible but that's breaking the game to grind when FFXII doesn't even require much grinding

I remember leveling up by leaving a rubberband on the joystick at some area where skeletons kept spawning.

final fantasy is just the call of duty of jrpgs. They are games made to be as accessible as possible, and as such generally garner lots of praise from retard journalists.

>this upset

Gambits were much deeper than those other systems and entirely optional. None of them used layered conditional "if X, then Y" expressions. Beyond that, they weren't free or all available at the start of the game. I'm not listening to your whiny faggoty opinions, kys

>game allows you to bot characters
>enemy exists that allows you to level without being there
>this breaks the game
what breaks the game is that the content ends at about level 40
when they originally released the game it was clearly rushed
i havent played the zodiac age version but supposedly there was more content
in FF8 mobs scale to your level but they dont account for the draw system so you can become incredibly overpowered by just not leveling