Did social media really kill mmos...

Did social media really kill mmos? Why would you want to share pictures of yourself online instead of playing fun games with friends?

Attached: russiaelection020329-300x300.jpg (300x300, 11.81K)

No. MMOs killed MMOs

Lefties killed MMO's. I can't be a sexy hyperslut who dances in the town square anymore because its proplematic.

but I still play wow with my guild

Attached: file.png (657x527, 72.6K)

Huh? You can do that more than ever in mmos now.

>American doesn't know what leftism is
Kek, every time

Whys he cryin

YWNBAW

he's getting his ass kicked by ukranian human trafficers and pedos. both countries are shit, that's why i don't give a fuck

A lot of things killed MMOs
>online gaming becoming standardized instead of something new
>multiple methods of online communication eliminating the need to talk in-game
>emphasis on meta gaming and relying on wikis, maximizing your time instead of playing casually
>influx of WoW-likes coming and going killed a lot of interest
>gameplay always boils down to repetitive grinding

Attached: help.png (448x461, 118.83K)

his shithole country lost to another shithole country and will now be economically fucked for decades

MMOs need to be a world, not just a game
they're way too focused on being games today, with all the little inconveniences ironed out unless the inconveniences exist to sell microtransactions. travel time between places, player communication, grouping up through your own effort, etc have all been sacrificed so that they can be "better games".

problem is, however, that MMOs can never be good games because of the massive amount of lag removing any sort of skill-based combat.

technological development itself also played a big part in killing MMOs. talking with people online is no longer special. communication is also simpler with external programs like discord. players have easy access to databases full of all the info on the game they could possibly need with wikis. all the mystery required to make a world interesting is just gone.

Cлышь, ципcoбляди, paбoтaть

Many people back in the day only played MMOs because it was the most convenient way to interact with other people.
IRC did exist but it was too bland for most. Being online in Ultima or later WoW simply worked better. And adventurers just happend as the result of that.
Nowadays people don't play MMOs to talk with friends or meet strangers - They just want to make a fantasy character and are in it for the story or gameplay. MMOs are getting more and more singleplayer friendly for a reason.

And again: If you see a new MMO telling you that it will "bring back the good old days" its obviously lying. The old days will never come back.

It hurts so much, bro. 2000-2010 struck such a perfect balance between online time and offline time. People weren't anti-social autists then. Even the nerds were better socially adjusted than the average person in online gaming today. I can't even say I'm not part of the problem because I've become more anti-social and hateful myself.

You can in literally every chink mmo. Even the current flavor of the month Lost Ark..

This. I played EQ 1 and 2 and it was a great way to interact with people. I tried WoW a couple of years ago just for the hell of it and I found were dead guilds (where no one spoke) and or guilds run by lard asses who ruled with an iron fist (probably to get revenge for their high school days). It was pathetic. I uninstalled. Then I tried Eve Online. Was no point. Between the paypigs and the giant "corporations" you just got blown up soon as you left dock. Uninstalled. MMOs are dead/dying. I give it another 5 years and they'll either be gone or completely revamped to more or less be open world single player - multiplayer games.

it was social media it is time

>>emphasis on meta gaming and relying on wikis, maximizing your time instead of playing casually
Blame MMOs making information as accessible as possible and the combat math easier to decipher.

Older MMOs told you fuck all and it was up to the community to ask around and share info.

Do you spend many hours of your day thinking about leftists?

Twitch killed mmos

Attached: 1648416861672.png (303x335, 95.31K)

My dude you can literally do this in Limsa Lominsa.

>meta gaming
Thankfully, the only people I've run into that give two shits about "meta" are teenagers and sweaty manchildren, neither of which I give two fucks about. Meta is cancer and should be shunned at every opportunity.

This and this mostly.

discord killed them

everyone wanted to go back to classic but people back in the day played games for fun/people now everything is so "meta" focused its boring burnout till next game. i do not remember the last mmo that really lived past first month besides tera/archeage but shit updates on both killed the playerbase

i remember people getting on wow and using it just to chat for hours

after typing this saw that covered it

You clearly havent touched FF14.

>give it another 5 years and they'll either be gone or completely revamped to more or less be open world single player - multiplayer games.
This is just FFXIV. It's marked on story and as of Shadowbringers you don't even need to play with other people until you do trials. With Endwalker they even got the NPCs to work with 1 trial but I guarantee by the next expansion you can play the story without a single other player.

And, I don't know if that's a good or bad thing. A part of me misses the old EQ days when you HAD to have certain classes or you stood no chance beating a dragon/god. But, at the same time I hate being "forced" to play with others when I don't want to. I'm too autistic for MMOs anymore.

MMOs only work when the world is cohesive. Someone drove a spike through the relative harmony we had. I don’t care who your boogie man is, chances are they are part of the bigger picture. I will always say it is Bush Sr. leadership that paved the way but wheels had been turning since Wilson on the American side. Bush just stomped on the gas and everyone who came after followed him or his puppet handler until Trump but then it was the staff undermining him that kept some things in line. This also why Biden has taken such hard turns. There is no republican or democrat anymore, only jerseys they wear for the camera. Almost everyone in power has bought in and there is nothing the chud buds can do about.

>>Any Forums is two doors down across from the Any Forums room.

No. Cuckchan was around back then too.