Any Forums on Elden Ring:

Any Forums on Elden Ring:
>exploration is shit because there's nothing but runes to find
>crafting is worthless padding
>open world sucks because you can ride past everything
>summons break the game
>reused enemies and bosses make the game repetitive

Also Any Forums:
>yeah I use the wiki / look up guides, what of it?

The only reason why Any Forums has all of the above complaints is because no one here plays the game right. Using the wiki or a guide is NOT the default or intended experience, and when you use those things you trivialize the game.

>runes, crafting, open world, summons
All there to assist weaker players / players who are not just following a meta.

>reused enemies and bosses
Sprinkled throughout a far more varied experience than Any Forums gives credit for since shitposters here just following a guide from major point A to major point B rather than play the game organically.

Some people will respond and say "but I don't use those things and I still have these complaints." You are still posting on Any Forums, learning about the game through Any Forums. Any Forums in itself is effectively a guide. So you are wrong in claiming that you aren't using any guides to play the game with.

Attached: seed-seven-twodots-seedseven-eldenring-1.jpg (1920x2560, 1.04M)

My only issue with the game are how minidungeons of the same type look exactly the same, even if they have a different layout and gimmick. Also usually the miniboss at the end is some random mob i steamroll.

I agree. Towards the end of the game I'd just look up the dungeon boss to determine if the dungeon was worth exploring

this is some really bizarre cope, all of those are valid points and you dont need to read a guide to figure it out. elden ring is also the easiest souls game

>you dont need to read a guide to figure it out
Not what's being said at all. Shitposters here don't understand the VALUE of those things because all they do is follow a guide / wiki / meta and barrel through the game. Those things have worth for players who are either less skilled at the game (newbs, or just people who aren't good at action games) or who aren't following a meta and are therefore playing a less-than-optimal build or a generalist, or who are specifically playing a build that encourages more ranged or tactical combat than direct combat. The runes, crafting materials, open world, and summons all become more valuable in those cases. As for the repetition, it's there, but it's enhanced when you play the game in a robotic fashion, which is what happens when you pay attention to any meta.

so elden ring isnt a game for long-time fans of souls
glad we agree

Pretty much. It's for newcomers, and people who have never obsessed over learning a meta in this or the other games.

>>exploration is shit because there's nothing but runes to find
This argument actually blows my mind with it's utter divorce from reality. How many useful items do you actually get by just following the main quest line, not just in ER but in literally any From Soft game?

>everyone who is better than me obsesses over "metas"
theres that cope again

Yeah, I'm not even addressing the fact that the comment is overly reductive. But even what it implies, that runes are worthless, is wrong.

If you refer to the wiki, a stream / video, or a forum / chatroom (including Any Forums) for learning anything about the game, then you are learning the game through a meta rather than through playing the game.

yes and you thinking everyone who is better than you does that is the cope, lad

I had new game feeling for 2 weeks, thats a win.

It's not about me or how I play, it's about acknowledging why the game is designed the way it is.

stop coping any time

The cope here is your ad hominem that deliberately sidesteps addressing any points being made.

refer back to

This. The fact is that it's still a really good game that absolutely mogs every AAA release since Sekiro.

Elden Ring is indeed the easiest Souls game, I wasn't arguing otherwise. Besides that, that post doesn't say anything.

>Decide to play through without leveling because it forces me to learn patterns and figure out unconventional ways to beat bosses
>Reach a point where I actively need Rune Arcs
>Never invaded nor summoned anyone before, not sure what to do
>Go place my summon sign down before Margit's chamber
>30 minutes later, nothing
>Read up on weapon memory, I have a +9 somber weapon
>Go place my summon sign down in Castle Redmane for the Misbegotten Warrior + Crucible Knight boss fight
>30 minutes later, nothing
>The disparity of my incredibly low level and my incredibly high-leveled weapons means I'm now at a point where I'm scaling both higher than comparable peers and lower at the same time
>So I can't summon or invade anyone
>I am alone on this barren earth

Attached: 1643681150976.gif (630x469, 2.42M)

Exploration is shit when you figure out the catacombs you are going through is gonna have some worthless ash at the end of it. Crafting is nice.
Running past everything has been prevalent in every game once you learn fighting enemies is next to worthless.

what? you don't need a guide to see copypasted assets and reused enemies everywhere
you delusional fanboys have some weird fucking copes

>you don't need a guide to see copypasted assets and reused enemies everywhere
Not what was said or implied.

Any Forums is not one person
Any Forums posters are often insincere
Any Forums posters are often contrarian
Any Forums posters get a rise out of "trolling" eachother
Any Forums posters can have opinions that change
Any Forums posters succumb to hyperbole
Any Forums posters write things that they don't think through
Any Forums posters may be mentally ill
Any Forums posters are spiteful and jealous

>reused enemies and bosses make the game repetitive
>The only reason why Any Forums has all of the above complaints is because no one here plays the game right. Using the wiki or a guide is NOT the default or intended experience
it was

They should have done more talismans. Everyone can use talismans. Much better than some shitty summon ashes i'll never use because Mimic and Tiche mog everything else.