Gaming laptop

What's the Any Forumserdict on gaming laptops? I travel a lot so for me its worth it

Attached: msi-thinner-gaming-laptop.jpg (1200x984, 146.44K)

There is no consensus. That said, I am very glad I went laptop, imagine being tied to one single place to play your video games. That is how you become a shut in.

area-51m represent
shame they're not continuing it

i only travel for pleasure so don't need laptop. cellphone is enough to be able to call or text in emergency

heavy as shit, battery will last you an hour at best

they're okay if you check into hotels a lot or have a second residence or visit relatives frequently, but for the actual traveling i'd just get a switch

pic related is my laptop, wasd gets hot as fuck but its an unbreakable machine

get a Deck / Switch if you travel a lot. They're a lot easier to carry/use. Save the rest of your money and piece out a decent PC for home gaming.
I have all I need:
PC
>AMD Ryzen 5600
>Radeon 6600 XT
>32 gigs RAM
>2 TB SSD
Laptop
>Acer Nitro 5
>I upgrade to 16 gigs RAM
>changed thermo paste
>added a second SSD
Xbox One
Xbox 360
Handheld
>Switch OLED
>3DS
when I travel I take the Switch, I don't want to fuck with having to pack a damn laptop with the power brick, mouse, etc...

Embarrassing cope, nincel

It's hard to find a good one, but once you do find one that works for you they're the comfiest way to game/shitpost/be productive all from one device.

>heavy as shit
Weak crippled soihands typed this

>heavy as shit
When's the last time you saw a laptop? Mid 2000s?

>heavy as shit
>i'd just get a switch
Söyboy detected

Attached: 1593003358658.jpg (890x962, 159.18K)

I was thinking of an Acer nitro. Any anons have one? What do you think?

I don't have one but every time these laptop threads come up I see a lot of Acer Nitro anons and they seem to be generally well-received.

They're great, just get a newer model. And, do like I did, upgrade the RAM, change the thermo paste and add a second SSD. Plenty of YouTube walk throughs on it, can do it in an hour or so.

I'm using one right now, battery life is pretty shit compared to a normal laptop but it's a decent trade-off. I'm using a Lenovo Legion and it's pretty nice, it doesn't look super gamery either.

Attached: Lenovo-Legion_5_A_C_Cover-e1640305715590.png (2000x1710, 828.63K)

>double the money for half the performance vs desktop
>unupgradable components
>loud ass fans
>heatsoaks after two hours of gaming and you drop %30 of your performance
Unless you travel a fuckton and NEED to game while youre away, theyre terrible wastes of money.

The only scenario Ive heard about where one was worthwhile was a guy who went back and forth to his oil drilling job every two weeks and lived on-site

>this much of a kneejerk reaction over the mere mention of the switch

lol this fucking board

get a hacked vita for all i care, i just said the switch because it's the most readily available portable system with decent battery life

i have an asus from 2018

Unironically dilate, you fucking faggot.

The shitch has no games. Keep seething. Battery life sucks too and the joycons drift.

Have been thinking about getting a Nitro 5. I was thinking about getting the one with a 5th gen Ryzen 7 (or 9). Not sure if I want a HDD or the extra SSD.

piss off snoy, no one invited you. we all know you're a brand loyalist who only buys PissStations and has never owned a computer

There really is much difference between an SSD and HDD when it comes to gaming. Yeah, your OS will load a lot faster on the SSD, but at the end of the day unless you're a hard core FPS mutliplayer addict, the HDD will work fine.

I mean, I would have the HDD as just a storage disk and the SSD will hold the OS + programs + games.

They are good so long as you're not an autist about graphics and performance. Mobility is a good trade off to graphism. Also the battery is a non-issue, if you use it to game you're probably near an outlet, if you're using it for regular stuff then the battery is fine. The goal is to easily transport your laptop from one place to another, not to play games while walking down the street.

>talks about Sony out of nowhere
Rent free, nincel.

I have a gaming desktop and a somewhat-high-end gaming laptop
Im moving soon so I'm bringing the laptop with me for general use

yeah, you can't go wrong with the Nitro, it's cheaper than most other brands too

If you travel a lot it's worth it. Unless you want to build 2 PCs between places or move one with you

Thanks, user.

cons:
>can't upgrade, so instead of progressively replacing your PC like a desktop, you replace it all at once
>if you spill a drink on it it's over (whereas with a desktop keyboard you can just replace it)
>easy to replace parts, if something breaks you don't need to replace the entire thing
pros:
>can move it around the house easily, take it on vacation, etc.
>doesn't need as high of a resolution since the display is much smaller; 1080p will look crisp as fuck, whereas a large external 1080p display will look meh at best
>much more reasonable pricing than graphics cards right now
>lower power consumption than desktop equivalent parts

desktops are pc gamers' favourite, for obvious reasons (customization mainly)
laptops have become fairly reliable in recent years, so they're a good buy too now imo