Never forgive them for what they did to this series

never forgive them for what they did to this series

Attached: file.png (460x215, 167.04K)

and what did they do to this series?

dow2 was fun for what it was

Just about removed everything that was fun in 1, which was almost perfect and just made dogshit games for no reason in a universe and genre thats in desperete need of good games
Literally WHO asked for no basebuilding

DoW1 was already ruined when they imposed strict unit caps on everything. A fucking RTS where you're not allowed to have more than 2 units of every type

It gradually transformed from a unique, enjoyable take on 40k strategy, into a mobalite, and finally into a rip off sc2 made by people who've probably never heard of Warhammer before being assigned to make a project.

You can remove those caps with mods but I like the caps, game wouldnt work without it.
You kinda need artificial nerfs in a universe where there are units that can destroy entire races single handedly

I feel like with every game, fans wanted the scale of maps and armies and bases to increase, and instead the scale got smaller and smaller.

They should've made it like the Wargame series with enormous maps and air support.

Basebuilding was nothing special but it was OK.

Ask yourself, brother - would the Emperor forgive?

Attached: glee-sm_face.jpg (673x696, 59.6K)

>A fucking RTS where you're not allowed to have more than 2 units of every type
That was a good thing. It's not 2 for every type, but certain powerful squads had caps.

A cap is fine but caps of like 2 predator tanks, or in some cases only a single unit, were frustrating.

I think it was because you could spend a lot of time playing the campaign without ever touching skirmish or multiplayer. Shame constantly having to defend would eventually drive you mental.

Attached: 114033_4.jpg (600x480, 58.79K)

I honestly got hooked on getting new gear with this game but I didn't play another after this. Combat was jank as hell.

DoW2 was a sidestep to something different and focusing even further on tactics versus traditionally base building. I don't know what the fuck they were thinking with DoW3, but they sure as fuck cut ties few months after launch.

Be incompetent and then blame it on the studio you outsourced to, shuttering it in the process.

>what do you mean I can't just spam predators/assault terminators and have to actually use my brain??? THIS IS LITERALLY A HOLOCAUST

Yes.

>Any hope of a Dawn of War 4 or Dawn of War remaster will have forced mandatory primaris marines rather than kino regular marines

Attached: crying-emoji-dies.gif (220x220, 110.66K)

I'm surprised this game and all of its expansions haven't gotten the remaster treatment yet.

Games Workshop is fucking retarded.

dow2>3>1
get fucked boomer shitters

Attached: 1624993096067.png (1600x900, 483.09K)

to be fair it would require going through relic who are currently working on other shit, and still have the reputation of DoW3 to deal with so any remaster would be met with skepetcism at best even if it would turn out like the AoE2 remaster