Is FFXV worth playing?

Is FFXV worth playing?

Attached: cc.jpg (1024x1024, 399.78K)

I'm wondering the same thing. I bought it on sale a few days ago and I'm thinking about starting it up.

No. And anyone who tells you otherwise is Barry

I've tried twice to get into it but the opening few hours and the gameplay you experience is just awful. Truly bafflingly shitty. And I LOVE final fantasy, I just don't understand what went wrong.

The windows version is, yeah. Don't play the console versions. They're actually trash in comparison.

Yeah. It's an alright game. You'll like the animation and when you leave the fucking desert, you'll enjoy the beautiful world design.

But outside of those, it's not anything special. The main story gets interesting then it just flatlines when you leave the continent. A bunch of fetch quests.

It's best to buy the game when its on sale like 14 bucks.

If you like braindead button mash combat, an empty open world filled with nothing but fetch quests, an unfinsihed story with disjointed DLCs to fill story gaps and a bad CG movie that replaces the whole prolouge and the reason why you are even on your journey.

Just wait for the Nomura cut

Attached: 1582522611330.jpg (2518x2600, 1.13M)

I don't like playing games on PC, it feels ghetto.

Yes

It's the most enjoyable Final Fantasy game I've played since FF9

If you're a fujo and/or want to play an incredibly comfy fantasy boy boyband simulator.

Just finished it last week.

HIGHLY recommend watching the Kingsglaive movie beforehand, or you're going to be really confused by the cutscene after the first chapter. It's not a bad watch anyway. Main character voiced by Jessie Pinkman is an interesting choice.

The combat feels really... unfocused early. Any mob fights are absolute chaos. It took a long time into the game until I really started to enjoy the combat; maybe I was taking the wrong approach or had the wrong idea of how it was "supposed" to work. It is definitely unlike any other FF I had played. It was, however, extremely easy, as the game showers you in items and the threat of death is just about always 0.

Pros
>Villain was pretty good
>Summons are cool, although infrequent
>Can be extremely comfy and a cool bro adventure at times
>Post-game challenging hunts, parkour dungeon, and final dungeon
>Fishing

Cons
>Combat feels like a mosh-pit in a rave sometimes
>Party chatter gets extremely repetitive.
>The other post game dungeons are repetitive as hell

For 30 bucks it's an alright. It was just a dissappointment at full price and because of all the hype.

It's the most fun openworld game I've played

Yeah, If you like JRPGs. It isn't a very good ARPG or regular RPG, unfortunately. No builds, no cool combos, no satisfying timing mechanics. But it's alright, I enjoyed it but it's outclassed by basically anything else.

Attached: 1647766857631.png (346x482, 191.07K)

>Barry
>Nathen
>AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>HACK! HACK HACK! TABATA A HACK!
>[webm where someone is holding O to win]
>i was looking forward for this for a whole decade give me my 10 years back square
>anybody else want to impregnate Cindy/Iris/Aranea?
>Luna > Stella
There, i summarized the usual XV thread for you. You can leaven now

Can you be so ghetto thay anything not ghetto seems ghetto?

You forgot
>some rando posts the Stellafag writeups

>If you like braindead button mash combat, an empty open world filled with nothing but fetch quests
9 million seppos did, and I want to kill myself

>nathan
>barry
>mageknight
>bazztek
>neithof
>btfo
>schizo
>cunt
>seethe
>CAPS LOCK
>no u
>random gamefags or twitter compilations

This is so fucking annoying, that super early trailer they released looked AMAZING and they fucking cancelled it
They just need to give Nomura full control, take however much funding he needs, and let him go crazy.

I WANT MORE NOMURA KINO

Id argue its worth playing but not really buying.

Its not a good game but its interesting to play to see how much of a clusterfuck it is, its borderline fascinating.

Attached: 1622068121144.png (953x1282, 495.46K)

What was your favorite part of the Stellafag writeups user?

Not surprising really. The game was tailor made to appeal to the general audience out there. It was designe to be all style over substance.
Ever since the Duscase demo the game was basicly just built on fan feedback. They even changed story parts because of it and added random fanfic tier endings.

I played through it a few years ago and it's much better than I was expecting. It's not perfect but was still a fun romp.

Personally I couldn't bring myself to finish it despite being very sick at the time and having nothing better to do. There's nothing interesting about the open world and while the combat is flashy it isn't complex enough to be entertaining. I didn't expect to like the characters as much as I did, but the story is very clumsy and often has them talk for long periods of time with nothing to break it up, and they often reiterate the same topics over and over again.

Of course, all this was at launch so maybe they've miraculously fixed it all since then.

An hugely underrated game.

It reveals to be one of my favorite Final Fantasy games

You remind me of a guy in the last XV thread:
>be me in 2016
>play this because it's the first true AAA Japanese game in a long time
>enjoy it
>enjoy it until the four boys start talking
>quickly devolves into a quippy mess
>read the Versus writeups a few years later
>understand that the story was too dark and edgy for Americans
>look at the sales numbers, gets shocked
>recall that a certain market always made fun of Nomura's 'crazy anime shit' and called him cringe
>realize that XV is exactly what Ameriturds wanted
>a casual-friendly, 'simple story' post-Whedon mess
>cry

>Why is America so afraid of serious chuuni narratives with lots of underlying meaning and cool gameplay? Do they only want to press X to awesome?

Reveals? Reason being?

I took an almost 2 year break from FF or Square threads up until this week in the hopes that they get better. And the first thing is see is an 8 hour meltdown of xv-kun and the other guy.
Literally nothing has changed in almost 7 or 8 years, the same arguments, same insults, webms, usernames, images, writepus etc.
These guys are more dedicated than bots.