Skyrim isn't one of the best designed games, but you'd struggle to name a more comfy and soulful open world

Skyrim isn't one of the best designed games, but you'd struggle to name a more comfy and soulful open world.

Attached: elder-scrolls-skyrim-button-2017-1629409446732.jpg (1000x1000, 123.86K)

Oblivion

I wanna see Kojima direct a TES game so it could have some impactful cutscenes

Morrowind, Gothic, KC:D
Same brainless zoomer trash

>comfy
>soulful
>everything is grey and everyone sounds the same
go back to norway

Oblivion and Kingdom Come: Deliverance
How can you like KC:D's world but hate Oblivions? They have very similar atmospheres.

Inb4 a subhuman fromdrone calls Elden Ring open world good.

skyrim is so fucking grey and soulless

Fuck this game for basically necessitating ranged combat. I just want to play an unarmed khajit but the dragons make it impossible to get by otherwise. I can’t even find a mod to just ground every dragonigger I see.

Fable

the world feels utterly soulless. Every city has that one-off event when you first enter to give the illusion that it's a living world but nothing like that happens ever again. Someone post that post that summarised all those thing.

Subnautica

>a mod
Open your console, click the dragon, disable

oblivion is more comfy and morrowind is more soulful. skyrim is the "epic" one despite having microdick cities when you break it down

Tbh no game has mindbroken nu/v/ harder than TES. The only games that even remotely come close are BotW and Elden Ring and those both have armies of shills ready to defend them against naysayers. Unlike Skyrim, which has very few fans on Any Forums, but still managed to mentally destroy the hordes.

>How can you like KC:D's world but hate Oblivions? They have very similar atmospheres.
They both have a lot of green and that's it. KC:D has a completely different design approach than Oblivion, as an example everything is handplaced and not randomly scaled to the player level, making exploration much more rewarding.

>Morrowind
>Soul
Top Zozzle

All modern open worlds are inherently soulless. There were some good open world games since Gothic 2 but they are simply good despite the shitty open world they have.
Make smaller worlds with more handcrafted attention to details and scripted events. The real groundbreaking milestone would be creating an open world that doesn't care about completionists and cheevo whores who need to do everything in a single playthrough. Create a living world where NPCs don't care about the player and can die/move on with player never meeting them.

there's technical limitations so you need it to see it

Morrowind is anti soul, especially compared to Daggerfall and Oblivion, two soulful games it's sandwhiched between.

>comfy and soulful
Yes, I have noticed that people struggle to state what exactly is good about the game at all.

GTA 3 wasn't soulless

>making exploration much more rewarding.
Exploration was weak as fuck in KCD. You hardly get anything worthwhile.

I didn't say anything about Morrowind.

Ghost of Tsushima was the most enjoyable open world I played simply due to how pretty everything looked.

literally you

Attached: cover.jpg (1600x900, 114.15K)

ignore the main quest until you can be bothered with dragons. they won't appear until you're done with bleakfalls barrow

GTA's worlds are soulless, GTA3 especially with its open world boiling down to driving from mission to mission while listening to radio. GTA games are good because of their writing and characters, not because you get to aimlessly drive down a highway.

Yes, meant for

>soulful
the same dungeon over and over is soulful now?

just get the dragonrend shout

This game is ass and here’s why
>powerful mob appear
>oh shit
>jump on rock
>can’t hit me
GAY

Nah, it's just a good game. I thought I disliked open worlds but it turns out most of them just have too much clutter. Tsushima has a minimalist approach that lets the world shine.

but you still have bandits running around in full plate onc you reach a certain level