Why is this soulless as fuck?

Why is this soulless as fuck?

youtube.com/watch?v=hPpQyi558kk

Attached: file.png (640x400, 516.56K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=btLBZmpBjXM&t=1082s
jp.square-enix.com/music/sem/page/cc_rd_vinyl/en/
youtube.com/watch?v=qqYEivU9_Bg
press.na.square-enix.com/CHRONO-CROSS-THE-RADICAL-DREAMERS-EDITION-ANNOUNCED-FOR-PLAYSTATION4-C
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Because Sqenix is the EA of Japan. Pandering to nostalgia is a cheap cash grab for these cynical corporations.

>Because Sqenix is the EA of Japan
No user, they're Activision Blizzard of Japan, down to merger of two companies and having a good CGI studio.
EA of Japan is Scamco, since similarly to EA, they own a fuckon of licenced properties and release yearly or bi-yearly licenced shovelware.

I honestly cannot fathom how they signed off on that version of Scars of Time. Its just so bad.

is this game good or not

Its mediocre as fuck. So mediocre, not even being the sequel to one of the most overrated games of all time could save it.

Because they put a band of three Danish hipsters in charge of the new music and they have neither the skill to play nor the understanding of half the instruments the original was composed for.

Attached: 1648135393491.jpg (1240x1754, 780.87K)

Sounds good to me. You guys are so fucking stuck in the past, it's unreal.

These don't replace existing tracks, they are NEW tracks that will play in unspecified places in the game, not replacing originals.

Let them have their outrage user, this has been pointed out in every thread since the tracks dropped, nobody listens

[citation needed]

They're mentally ill.

They only had one job
youtube.com/watch?v=btLBZmpBjXM&t=1082s

The vocal tracks are kino. Aisling McGlynn from Anuna is the vocalist. Sounds fucking great.

okay, im not playing it . it does look dated and pretentious

What am I missing?

There are longer versions of the tracks on the official website

jp.square-enix.com/music/sem/page/cc_rd_vinyl/en/

A proper remaster with HD textures, 16:9 ratio and 60fps.

another cheap cash grab buy nigger square enix, just like the ff8 remaster

>Bound By Fate having three different melodies playing at once

Attached: 1292704959715.jpg (366x380, 40.13K)

Here I was looking for where they might've taken out the girl's panty shot.

No fucking wonder. Lmao. Jesus fuck, did the nippons all retire?
Yeah it's unreal man.
No it's not man. not even close.
The vocals are great, i won't deny that. but the instruments surrounding her voice are pretty lacking.

youtube.com/watch?v=qqYEivU9_Bg

reminder that this is how the Cross remake should have looked like

>16:9 Chrono Cross
Why?

Is it true that they redid all the dialogue to remove the characters accents? That’s a dealbreaker for me

Bro... seriously? I haven't heard of it. but I think they kept all the original stuff from OST to text fonts and probably the dialogue hopefully, im not sure.

I don't know what the fuck that lead instrument in their version of Sailing is but it sounds completely out of tune.
Also their version of Termina completely lacks the original's rhythm section, for some fucking reason. Actually none of the last four tracks have any kind of rhythm section going; do these fags just not know how to play any percussion instruments?

No such thing has been confirmed so I don't know where you heard that.

>I think they kept all the original stuff from OST to text fonts
There's been no confirmation that you can keep the original OST. They also confirmed that you cannot use the original fonts. You can use the original character models and disable the graphics filtering option.

I love the vocal tracks bros. I heard these aren't replacing the original tracks in the game anyway so what exactly is the problem?

You're right there is no confirmation about the OST. they confirmed the font settings though.

press.na.square-enix.com/CHRONO-CROSS-THE-RADICAL-DREAMERS-EDITION-ANNOUNCED-FOR-PLAYSTATION4-C

The one thing every single nigger would agree on was that the OST was superb. Of all things to change, you change the music?! Scars of Time was literally a perfect song, what the FUCK were they thinking?

The problem is that you keep repeating information that hasn't actually been confirmed.

>they confirmed the font settings though.
Yes. They confirmed that you cannot use the original fonts, like I said.

So I won't get retarded black bars half across the screen? CT on PC got 16:9 support from what I've heard.

>but the instruments surrounding her voice are pretty lacking

Nah I love the flute counter melody and so are the the wistful strings in the background of the other vocal track.

You are talking about Nintendo

>There's been no confirmation that you can keep the original OST.
There is no option to keep the oroginal OST because no songs are being replaced

Fuck. is the pixel imitation different from the original font?

THEY HAVENT

REPLACED

THE ORIGINAL TRACK

ITS A NEW TRACK

THAT PLAYS

SOMEWHERE ELSE

IN THE GAME

Yes. How this isn't immediately obvious to people from hearing "imitation" I have no idea. It's just the shitty new font run through a filter.

Attached: remaster fonts.jpg (1920x2530, 936.95K)

Will never not laugh how track 5 is just
>BRRRRRRR! BRRRRRRR! BRRRRRRR! BRRRRRRR! BRRRRRRR! BRRRRRRR! BRRRRRRR!

[citation needed]

>Why is this soulless as fuck?

get some glasses faggot

Attached: file.png (500x500, 193.29K)

I like keeping accurate aspect ratios but fair enough. It doesnt look like a high quality port in any case

WoW anime shit. so much soul

The remixes are still much, much worse than the originals.

summons in this game are useless as all mother fuck

Overdramatic. They sound less game-y.