What's the best way to play this today? I never played as a kid and would like to experience it before playing remake...

what's the best way to play this today? I never played as a kid and would like to experience it before playing remake. do I need some gay emulation setup/filters

Attached: 522635-FF7.jpg (2847x1539, 812.1K)

Don't.

It's not uuuu.

it's on steam
that is the product you zoomers will know

The modern port is honestly pretty good

Emulate with Mednafen

If you're the type that likes following nostalgia, you can probably find mods on the steam version that helps with that. And if you want it to look better, same answer.

>do I need some gay emulation setup/filters

Dont even bother, zoom zoom, you wont like the combat, the graphics or the patience required to press X to move a dialgue box forward.

Stick to God of Sòy

This.

False.

I'm playing the PC remake version on Steam. 50% off right now for me, £5. First game I've actually ever bought on Steam despite having had an account since the start. I lent my original copy on the PS1 to someone and never got it back

>I lent my original copy on the PS1 to someone and never got it back

Bro, no one gives a fuck old man, i just wanted to play the original not hear a sob story from the 19th century

buy the remake. you'll like it more

Attached: 0941d8733a695fddb7d20b55588cb589852afaa5616824212a834493cb3dd7fd.jpg (418x475, 24.55K)

>from the 19th century
>the 1990s are the 19th century
absolutely retarded zoomer

yeah stick with the remake

It’s on steam, user. In fact, I just checked and it’s on sale right now for 6 dollars.

Get the retranslation patch for the ps1 version and emulate it
It doesn't actually change that much, since the translation was mostly fine, but it fixes some bits that were totally garbled

>I just checked and it’s on sale right now for 6 dollars.
so is my virginity, lmao got me

If the graphics bug you, there are mods like ninostyle models which change their look to be much more detailed and resemble the concept art for the game.

Attached: D1FF464B-2D7D-4980-84D2-1FA17CD47570.jpg (1228x550, 185.25K)

Just been through Nibelheim, got Vincent, off up the mountain next. Good times.

if the graphics bug him then he's probably underage and shouldn't be playing the game

its a joke retard calm down. its called hyperbole.

I played the game when it first came out and I prefer the mods. If they had the technical ability to make them look like ninostyle mod, they would have done it.

>I was only pretending to be retarded

no they wouldnt

Yes they would. It was their first ps1 game and their first entry into using 3d models. With every game after it, the models looked much more detailed.

pc with mods

Attached: ff7 soulful_remake.jpg (3000x1688, 276.79K)

they wouldn't copypaste nomuras concept art on them like 12 IQ tards

>that is the product you zoomers will know
You're a sad middle aged fuck still using Any Forums. Very bold of you to talk shit.

>they wouldn’t use the concept art to design their models
kek You’re a retard

HOLY SOVL

get the trainer program and turn off random battles till you feel like you need to grind

PS1 version on CRT TV or Steam version with moth removal mod, that's it. If you like CRT filters, you can get them for Reshade nowadays, but they're still not comparable to RetroArch ones and real CRTs of course.

Original

Attached: 5894CE87-3CE1-4F0A-9A03-18D9A0E60E39.png (740x516, 93.33K)

get the steam version, its fine. If you want to do more, check the community hub for mods

Pretty much all the versions you can currently buy are identical. About the only version you'd want to avoid is the original PC release. The version currently on Steam is the same release that the Switch and other consoles got, so it's fine.

>moth
Fuck, mouth*
And disable linear filtering on Steam, it fucks up transparent 3D shit in battle.

Ninostyle mod

Attached: 69A7AE18-8E88-46E1-8895-741337374CC3.png (1280x960, 370.69K)

the goofy ass enemies are the SOVL of ff7 though
you'll miss half the game

Steam release is literally unplayable garbage, things like sephiroth having a bizarre wide open mouth at all times destroys the game

literally the worst mod I have ever seen