To the people who found this fight fun, what was fun about it?

To the people who found this fight fun, what was fun about it?

Attached: elden-ring-malenia,-blade-of-miquella.jpg (1920x1080, 228.89K)

Killing a "strong" w*man

when i beat her, my copy allowed my 5'4 manlet character to rape her 6'8 redhead scarlet rot pussy

Stunlocking her to death with the mimic was pretty fun

it's like a fucking dance. my pinky actually went sore on my second day of trying to beat her.

I beat it with coop.
It was fun one shotting her phase1 with kamehameha

You finally encounter a boss in the game that doesnt rely on using delayed attack patterns and you can actually feel like you're getting hang of it and improving. i used kukris to bait the waterfowl out

Blocking her entire flurry and laughing at everyone who had trouble with this fight.

I think she has very little bullshit. All of her attacks have clear telegraphs and openings for you to fight back. She has basically 0 natural poise so being aggresive and learning when her hyperarmor starts is rewarded.
Now of course there is waterfowl dance which is why I said 'very little bullshit'.
>It forces you into using very specific tools (Shields or Bloodhound step)
>It requires you to already have a headstart when she started it to outrun the first part (Basically 'just get lucky bro')
Or if you don't use those tools and happen to be close to her when she starts it:
>It requires you to drop the lockon, spin around her to make her tracking fly past you, dodge through the second part and then walk southeast to make her tracking fly past you once more
Thats incredibly unintuitive.

You didn't beat it (beat it) beat it beat (beat it)
Summon up your friend and cheese it.

its fun when big sis spanks you

Attached: ELDEN RING™_20220326221232.jpg (1920x1080, 440.12K)

It's crazy how she turns from a 10/10 boss to a shit one with just one move. Take away waterfowl dance and the boss fight is improved drastically. I beat her in the most boring way possible, just running away from her until she did her shitty move, then actually having fun fighting her normally for 30 seconds, then back to running away to bait out her move. It's so random too, one time I had her do it right after I perfectly dodge her clone move and moved in to punish her, and she just did waterfowl and deleted me. That was when I really just had to resist the urge to level Tiche to level 10 and have her beat the boss for me.

Best fight in the game.
Fucking casuals are whining about it and it will get nerfed. they ruin every game

using bloodhound's finesse to blackflip out of her attacks and then teleport nothing personnelling her, blood proc stagger get chomped. too fun

A few things
I like challenge bosses that basically require you to learn the movesets perfectly. It's very rewarding to git gud.
I also liked doing it with the MLGS. It felt like there were good opportunities to take advantage of the wave strong attacks (such as after the Scarlet Aeonia). Going into P2, taking a pot swig, dodging the dive, then powering up sword into 2 full charged blasts as she recovered made me feel smart for learning timings.
I also had to respec a little to go from 35 vigor to 40 vigor, so it felt cool to have to do my own little "shedding my humanity" (I dropped fai/dex which I was splashing into for fun during 1st playthrough) to meet her measure.
Also it was quite early when I fought her, so there wasn't any strats to deal with Waterfowl. It felt like I was playing a fighting game and trying to lab out a solution and it was super rewarding when I worked out a no-hit strat (basically playing at full length of the gs, only going for additional R1s if she staggered, and otherwise backing off if I suspected Waterfowl was around the corner so I could outrange the 1st volley and roll the rest).
Also I love her design and her theme. Honestly the whole buildup to her was great. From the first time I saw her in the story cinematic, I knew I wanted to fight her ASAP, so at basically every "opportunity" I knew of (I did the game blind) I tried to find her - 1st going to center of Caelid and being bummed out it was just Niall, then stumbling on Gowry, not thinking too hard and doing his quest, then immediately realizing Millicent had a lot in common with Malenia and was prob how you got to her, and etc etc just constantly getting one step closer until the actual boss fight. Also I thought for a while Millicent was Malenia until I finished her quest properly, so I felt like there was a personal connection with her

Yeah idk it's just a fun boss fight with a cool build up and took a lot of tries, and it was all worth it for the 0.1% achievement

>Clear and distinct attack animations and telegraphs
>Low poise allowing you to play very aggresively and interrupt her attacks
>Low poise damage so you can actually poise through her attacks with colossal weapons
>Fast, aggresive attack patterns with long punishment windows
>Can be parried
Outside of waterfowl dance, which you can just carry a shield to trivialize if you don't want to bother avoiding it since it's hard as fuck, the fight is incredibly fair but requires you to play near perfectly because of her self-healing. The rhythm of the fight is very fun, it really does feel like a dance

Outside of the bs spazzy animoo attack she would have been a reasonably fun fight. The blight aoe is also a bit annoying if you have no range to hit her during it.

>use bloodhound step
>can now match her anime speed instead of being cripple
>find it fun and balanced
I hate watching the boss dancing for 30 mins nonstop, but with the mobility of bloodhound step there are way more openings and chances. And shes especially passive in phase 1.

When are you even supposed to attack her in phase 2? Every single time I try to punish her she jumps into the air, the camera spergs out and then she lands and braps scarlet rot everywhere in an AOE. And she even inputs read you where if you don't move in to punish her she never jumps up into the air. This fight sucks ass with a greatsword. I beat her on my first character with dual wielding katanas + bloodhound step and never noticed how bullshit she is with heavier weapons.

>Every single time I try to punish her she jumps into the air, the camera spergs out and then she lands and braps scarlet rot everywhere in an AOE
that is quite literally the opening you will be using a good 80% of the time
you just have to expect that after most of her vanilla combos and it's an extremely easy free punish

I really like her first phase since it's a back and forth and you can punish her on a ton of moves. Her second phase just seems like you're just baiting out two moves to punish her, the leg kick since she's vulnurable for a while after that and the AOE as you've just said. She just did waterfowl dance twice in a row right now since I'm fighting her, after I dodged the first one perfectly I got caught by the second one. So I guess even that move is no punishable consistently. I know now why people who don't play dex think she's a shit boss.

I don't if all the people who say she's fair outside of anime bullshit are just not using greatswords or collosals, but I don't find her fair at all. The strat I came up to win was just outranging her to force end her combo prematurely and sneaking in a jump attack with collosal. Every other time she felt "unsafe" she'd just randomly 50-50 with her side step slash that has super armor and then I'm back in the grinder.

Her fighting back so fiercely until you finally beat her really gives that authentic feeling of rape.

phase 2 is pretty objectively just a complete clusterfuck of conflicting design philosophies
I pretty much think I just got lucky beating her with powerstanced greatswords, bloodhound step just carried me whenever she started doing the clone attack and she only did one waterfowl in phase 2

>I also liked doing it with the MLGS
You didn't beat Malenia