Final fantasy 2 the black sheep

Why was this game disliked and considered the black sheep in the series.

Attached: download.jpg (297x170, 8.96K)

Obnoxious leveling system that becomes insanely grindy and impractical at any skill level above VIII or so. Having to level up spells individually means that the player is heavily encouraged to rely on one or two spells per character for the entire game, one of which is guaranteed to be Osmose.
Nearly all enemies spam the fuck out of status effects including those that are functionally instakill.
Highest encounter rate in the series, by far.

Combine all these factors together and you get a game that simply isn't fun to play because you either savescum through it or have to do retarded powergame shit like using two shields instead of weapons for the 99% Evasion.

The same reason why dark souls 2 sucks.

This

I'd honestly say that goes to XI instead of II. Considering how often I see people who don't know it even exists and being obsoleted by XIV.

Xi was an mmo so it does nit count.

Yeah that's what I mean. I don't consider the mmo games to be real final fantasy games either. They're in their own little retard bubble and generally ignored besides 14 which has its own following. Usually of people who haven't played the other games or have their first experience with them being things such as the 7 remake.

I fucking love this game because it's extremely breakable and has a lot of customization.

Combat system would be fine if the game was balanced normally, but you NEED to grind in the original. I'm not sure if pixel remasters changes any of that. FF2's biggest contribution was laying down the foundation for SaGa games, though.

Attached: 3e1ebbc28353aa7ba7b0cbae55e8626a.jpg (1226x1600, 251.01K)

That's not ff8 though.

Its the insane encounter rate that gets me, thats all i remember is a battle in every empty room and every few steps. I played the psp version if that matters.

how old are you faggots? like 40?
who gives a shit this ancient entry in a shitty franchise

Dragon quest x and final fantasy 14 from what I heard can be played as if they were single player games.

The fact you don't know is just proving the point if you avoided playing it becauses they're shitty mmo games.

Because retards who never played it think you have to grind a ton to level up every spell/weapon when in reality you don't. Plus the game has multiple spells that have the same effect (remove an enemy from the battle) so you can skip redundant spells too

And how would you know by just playing yhe game and which spell is redundant?

What about the encounter rate? Is it really grinding when you have no choice but to battle since you cant escape?

Not him but all the instant kill spells do the same thing it's pretty obvious.

Because they have the same names in ff1 and beside that you can tell immediately from using them

Play a version with speedup or autobattle

21 sorry that your favorite franchis is either obscure or dead lol.

Didn't have enough numbers, scared a lot of people.