Are elden ring and BOTW proof that slapping 'open world' on a game description and copy pasting enemy encounters...

Are elden ring and BOTW proof that slapping 'open world' on a game description and copy pasting enemy encounters throughout a giant map is the meta for selling games to low IQ gamers?

Attached: __fia_the_deathbed_companion_elden_ring_drawn_by_kamira_naito__c7e679dd020d8ec1b36a3463b7e948da.jpg (2048x1536, 246.6K)

Elder Scrolls already proved that point.

What is this artstyle called and where can I get more of it

Both Souls and Zelda series were massively successful for over 10 years before they did an open world game

Wrong

Attached: elden-ring-context-2.001.png (1024x768, 121.5K)

It’s nice that mental midgets and shitposters all use the same language (“slapping X onto Y” in this case). It makes it easy to stop caring about anything else they say.

seems like it's called "fia_the_deathbed_companion_elden_ring_drawn_by_kamira_naito__c7e679dd020d8ec1b36a3463b7e948da"

What do high IQ gamers play?

Woah! She's suppose to be barefoot!

Attached: Screenshot (46).png (1920x1080, 3.79M)

Online chess

>dude wtf did you just post a character that’s canonically barefoot but is not barefoot in the fanart?

Attached: 11018476.jpg (236x284, 11.81K)

What they prove is that adding a jump button to a franchise makes it a big hit.

Seriously souls games were always sort of a grown up successor to OoT in a way and it's funny how both franchises went open world, added a jump button and some horses, put effort into making their environments look pretty, and then designed the layout of everything to make exploring fun and rewarding.

You can find her outside the roundtable place?

Elden Ring is proof that no matter how many enemies are in a videogame, Any Forums will complain if they are reused at any point. Apparently a few loud retards around here need to have more variety in a game that already has more variety than any other videogame.

Seriously... name a few games with MORE enemy variety and complexity than Elden Ring or else you're just a whiny faggot. I want the name of a game that has more enemy types with unique and fully animated movesets, so don't give me the name of some shitty pokemon game or 2D RPG maker.

IL-2 with no assists

Kind of wish they copied Breath of the Wild a bit more if they were going this hard already. Not being able to climb up shit in open world games will eternally bother me now

I understand why they copy pasted a lot of shit, it really cuts down on game bloat. But by the time I got to mountain top of the giants and noticed it was just the same fucking enemies but with snow on them I was pretty disappointed. I love the core that's there, I've spent an ungodly amount of hours on the game but I really wish it was deeper than just "dark souls 2.5 but a lot more stuff on the map"

Train sims

Enemies in Elden Ring are mostly fine it’s the endgame bosses that shit the bed

you just proved him right tho.
That's still massively successful.

botw is well done though, darksouls 4 open world didnt need to be open world and isnt good. and not just because its janky souls garbage

They gave the horse a double jump and jump pads to allow better open world exploration but still have control over where players could and couldn't go.

I'm aware, I beat the game. It was descending that bothered me more honestly, the fall damage in the game is extremely inconsistent. I don't think 'sliding' down a cliff counts as touching ground so you'll die from a 10 foot drop sometimes.

Moba

>Expect to find her straddling a dead body because of all the posts here saying she fucks Godwyn
>She only ends up leaning against one of the erdtree roots