*singlehandedly fixes the Souls formula*

*singlehandedly fixes the Souls formula*

Attached: stakes_of_marika1_elden_ring_wiki_guide_300px.jpg (300x169, 8.55K)

Woops, wrong image.

Attached: NVmnBXze9ElHzU6SmykrJLIV.jpg (2880x2160, 2.22M)

>we completely gave up on proper level design, enemy balance, and pacing: The Feature

i think once or twice i enjoyed it, useful for glitches though

I like how in that one Caelid catacomb despite there clearly being a stake of marika before the boss it would ignore that and dump you back at the beginning of the catacomb if you died there.

>Forces spell fags to actually use melee
Beyond based

You mean the summoning statue right? Because the statue of marika wasn't even needed in this game, it has bonfires up the ass

Speak for yourself by endgame I was spamming Blacksky Eye, Accursed Brew, and the Augur of Ebrietas pretty much nonstop.

Based. How can elitistfags defend running the entire level just to fight the boss again?

Most of the mini dungeons only have one and it's annoying as fuck having to run past the same enemies 30 times before you finally beat it. The Marika statues make it actually fun to try and beat tough bosses while underleveled because you can instantly retry. Dying 40+ times to Black Blade Kindred at level 30 isn't a problem when you respawn right next to him. Sekiro and Elden Ring both prove that the "running back to the boss" only adds tedium to the game instead of challenge. Both games are still hard but significantly less tedious.

Fromdrones have always defended it because everything wrong with the game is just "the game is difficult, deal with it, git gud, etc" as if a game can't be both challenging and properly designed. FS could add a feature where every day one person's save file is randomly deleted and they would defend it because "it's supposed to be a hard game".

>Bad players in the midst of overcope

>Limited healing vials, have to do pig fisting to grind for vials
Shitborne is a B tier game at best.

they patched that in 1.03, obviously a verticality issue

I just finished my 3rd playthrough of elden ring and decided to play BB again.
God the jump button just feels so natural to use its annoying not having it. However saying that I still like BB's aesthetic and trick weapons so fucking much.

*trivializes the game in your path*

healing vials are the worst thing about bloodborne, and not because they're limited, that's actually a good thing
the shit thing is it starts you out holding twenty of the fuckers at max, and gives you its own dedicated healing button
then it makes them heal a % amount so spamming two pretty much fully heals you and it takes less time than drinking estus in a souls game
plus you can move while using them
plus you can upgrade the capacity even further and even the healing potential of them
every enemy drops vials like candy so you don't even need to try conserving them
then the game tacks in a shitty rally mechanic but nobody uses it because they can just backpedal and tap triangle twice to be fully healed
people used to shit on demons souls for letting you use as much grass as you could carry but holy shit bloodborne takes the cake
and you can parry from across the room and just create more bullets out of thin air whenever you want
its the easiest souls game i've ever played

it's both good and bad, eliminates tedium but also
>use all flasks to get to boss, HP/FP low
>run in and purposely die
>respawn right outside with full flasks/HP/FP
there's a few bosses that don't have those though

it's weird how the developers are unwilling to put more than one site of grace in a catacombs, and then use stakes as bootleg grace instead of what they were designed for

I agree completely. The game should never punish you by soley wasting your time. The walk of shame back to the fog wall is always the worst part of losing over and over again. Some of the boss fights didn't have stakes close by and I was upset about having to wait for elevators and stuff, only to get my shit pushed in my Rennala's bluewaffle beam immediately in her second phase. I don't mind dying, but put me right next to the fog wall so I can do it more often atleast

Attached: 1647923133689m.jpg (683x1024, 120.59K)

The map is already too bonfire bloated as it is. Sometimes there are two of them right next to eachother in the overworld and it looks awkward. Imagine having two sculpture idols in every catacomb and cave. It would be especially annoying because you're never gonna go back to that place anyways.