It's literally better than what you got with the Wii and Wii U. Why do people hate this so much?

It's literally better than what you got with the Wii and Wii U. Why do people hate this so much?

Attached: Nintendo-Switch-Online-Expansion-Pack.jpg (768x780, 186.06K)

>subscription service

>Rentals
>Mandatory for online play
(You)

I would have bought it if shitendo had added the expansion to F-Zero X but they didn’t.

Remember the fucking awful online in Wii games? It's still as bad but now you get to pay for it.

Subscription services arent inherently bad.

I call bullshit.

i agree as someone who only plays a game once usually
but im not still not paying for the expansion. N64 is a shit system
give me gba and/or gc and ill pony up

Mario Maker 2 and Smash Ultimate have garbage netcode

>renting poorly emulated games on NES, SNES and for 50 dollars more, N64
>vs buying NES, SNES, GBA, N64 and Wii titles
hmmmmmm

>Online play is just as crappy as the Wii U online, but now you have to pay for it.
>Crappy and inferior versions of ports that you only rent.
Not worth it.

The online is garbage and you don't actually get to own any of the digital games you get to play.

Anyone who complains about not being able to buy Super Mario bros in 2022 is a fucking retard. That game is 36 years old, it’s been re-released a billion times. You had plenty of chances and decades to buy it. Same applies to other games.
>noooo Nintendo should release these games again for their latest system!! I was totally going to buy it 50 years after release!!!

You had decades to buy these games in one way or another.

Don't come crying to us when you can't use it anymore in 2027.

Attached: plug.png (1300x866, 1.21M)

>why don't you like a subscription service that gives you a worse experience?
Also, it doesn't matter if it's better than something that came out 10+ years ago.

I like the idea. I just hate how garbage the online is. I would pay for it if it was actually good.

It's entirely dependant on if they will keep adding expansion passes and if you're interested in these at all. It's nice to have the old games but you can emulate that shit on any crappy phone so whatever.

the library is fucking dogshit. if i had access to the full virtual console selection, basically all the games, i would gladly pay. but almost everytime i feel like playing a retro game i go look it up and it's not on there. fucking retarded, it's basically a scam. literally the least value of any gaming pay service out there

>Pay $5 for 1 game I want
>Pay $50, recurring, for a dozen games I don't

Attached: 1573396107411.png (500x374, 284.31K)

so? That means I have 5 years to play the games they release. You're retarded in thinking people will care

Mental gymnastics. Emulation doesn't hurt you personally. It hurts games that don't sell well. That being said I have become more apathetic to the idea of piracy since steam allowed retroarch on its service. I see no difference in using a steam emulator and downloading an exe(rom) and playing it than others do actually downloading an emulator and rom but I'm sure some fag will try to use mental gymnastics to say ones bad and the other isn't because games are out of circulation but plenty of games have PC ports and collections and people still choose emulation so fuck them and fuck steam too because you're just paying for a license there as well and the number of games on steam that don't run on modern systems without digging and modifying is equally as high as the unpreserved games from older consoles and even then if the older shops that Nintendo shut down were actually profitable and not ruined by piracy and the ease of piracy due to YouTube they'd still be there but they aren't so yeah its literally just whatever mental gymnastics niggers need to pull to justify themselves over what's bad aside from their own inherent bias towards their own platform and corporate overlord

Maybe if it was $5.

>Subscription services arent inherently bad.
In case of movies and music, where piracy is exceedingly easy and has zero entry barrier, perhaps.
In case of video games, where you need very specific set of hardware and software to even consider playing one, it's inherently terrible and will lead to heaps of lost media years down the line. There already are hundreds of online multiplayer games no-one ever again will be able to play, nobody should want this problem to worsen.

Games as a service are direct responses to piracy though and have been since the psp