Free roam wilderness exploration

>free roam wilderness exploration
>foraging for materials
>repeat enemy encounters
>tile-based dungeons

All staple aspects of RPGs for literal decades. Since inception, really. Countless other video games feature these things together, spanning decades. But now that Elden Ring is a commercial success, suddenly these are all intolerable, awful things that ruin an entire game to Any Forums.

Is there anything popular Any Forums won't backpedal on and be contrarian about?

Attached: seed-seven-twodots-seedseven-eldenring-1.jpg (1920x2560, 1.04M)

Yes

Name it

Yes.

>All staple aspects of RPGs for literal decades
boring ones. rpg's are generally carried by their plot but elden doesn't have any of that. just bits of lore scattered around

It's perfectly valid to scrutinize flaws in the genre if people are going to shit themselves and give it 10/10s and talk about it being the best game ever.

The view on Elden Ring is more positive than negative in the threads. But apparently for certain people the existence of any negative opinion is already automatically "contrarianism" and invalid.
By the way, I am reaching 100 hours in this game and I can't wait to finish it so I won't need to play it anymore. The second half is really killing all my initial optimism and the flaws are increasingly difficult to tolerate.

>boring ones
So the first and most influential RPG, D&D, is boring?

None of those are flaws. It's only perfectly valid to scrutinize flaws so long as they're flaws.

maybe cause the other souls games were different in those aspects

>But now that Elden Ring is a commercial success, suddenly these are all intolerable
It's pretty amazing to see people be this insanely obtuse.
It reminds me very much of the paid fud campaigns on Any Forums, except there's no money to be made unless they're being paid by competing game devs

How the fuck aren't you done by 100 hours?

Not him, but I'm 84 hours in and only barely dipped my toe into Altus Plateau.

This game is insane, I keep running around finding and doing new things all the time and there's still so much left to discover.
How is this game even real.

Anyone new player to the series who gets through Stormveil immediately sees the difference in quality between the ruins and dungeons strewn about Limgrave and traditional souls level design.

It's not that we think Elden Ring is ruined. It's that we see what would have been had From opted for half the forgettable dungeons in exhange for even just a few new additional enemy designs and maybe 1 or 2 new traditional dungeons.

Legit don't know how. I've done every boss and am in NG+4 and have half your hours.

I don't know and I think I'm far from reaching the end. I have not yet visited the third area of the ice mountains. I just started to visit the second one (secret path that you activate with an amulet) now, so I think there must be about 20-30 hours of gameplay ahead of me, which is going to be quite painful because I don't get any more pleasure out of it.
Oh, and I have only visited two underground areas and according to the map apparently there is at least one more area that I don't know how to access.

I just interact with the world organically, treat it like a real place. It's not like I'm just sitting there watching the view half the time, I'm constantly moving and progressing.

Not him, but I'm being INCREDIBLY completionist. I do Rises despite not giving a fuck about magic, I do anything I come across that seems like a distinct quest, I never leave a tomb or mine unexplored.

Absolutely fucking based.

Attached: eldenCHAD.jpg (680x763, 33.41K)

I'm this guy and I don't think I'm completionist.
I definitely don't go after every mob I see lol.

But I do try to find all the mines, dungeons, caves... by manually looking along cliffs etc.
I don't use guides.

Because you're speedrunner tranny subhuman, anything you say from now on will be instantaneously discarded as worthless much like your speedrunner tranny existence

you're a contrarian if you don't think these make the game worse

Elden Ring's most revolutionary aspect is not having been made in a year

If you don't share that opinion with every other game you like that has these elements you're a tranny.

By exploring every inch, and playing a build that may not be combat-optimal but is personally attractive (or roleplay-optimal)

>rpg's are generally carried by their plot
jrpgs aren't rpgs

similar systems can work very differently in different games

>I'm a tranny
Good to know.