God I love subnautica. It just hits that adventuring niche that so few other games do, especially the deeper biomes...

God I love subnautica. It just hits that adventuring niche that so few other games do, especially the deeper biomes. Are there any other games like it?

Attached: subnautica.jpg (616x353, 264.23K)

I dropped it after 40 mins. progression just sucks early game

>Are there any other games like it?
Maybe Outer Wilds.

Attached: 1643890241841.png (2510x1282, 607.41K)

What I don't understand is why the protagonist would want to leave the planet for a corporate hellscape.

I still play it regularly, just with mods. Which is harder to do since a lot of them are off the Nexus now. The best mod is the one to give you items from scanning so you're not just getting titanium all the damn time. Really wish someone would backport the new building options from BZ. They're the only good thing to come from the sequel.

Already finished it man.

Attached: outerwilds32.jpg (1080x1477, 115.44K)

As someone who has tried to find an equivalent for some time, no.

The closest I've ever played is Raft, but that caters to much to co-op and is still early access.

Nope
No more swimming-oriented games like Subnautica 1

The sequel starts off with 10 minutes of walking through dry land ,being nagged at by minorities
And has no procedural generation, despite S1's FPS being tanked to support the """modifiable""" terrain
What a waste, when you can only use it form Debug

>S1
>Procerual generation
Wait what?

Really enjoyed my 60 hours with it, haven't played anything remotely similar. It's not the type of game I'll ever replay since it was an adventure of discovery and exploration and now the mystery is solved. Looks like BZ sucks ass but at least I'll have happy memories of the first game.

Don't know to many games "like it" if what you want is underwater, but off of Subnautica I got into other games like Green Hell, The Long Dark, Stranded Deep, Valheim. Subnautica is kind of the gold standard though. Nothing else like it really.

No proc gen in 1 or 2
But the map mesh "supports it" :^)

S2 could have literally just added proc gen and some artic biomes, enemies, and items
But noooooo

its because of the cut terraformer tool, right?

loved it but the savedata bugs fucked it big time

>The sequel starts off with 10 minutes of walking through dry land
It takes like six seconds to get to the water, and then another five seconds to get to the escape pod. Any additional time spent on dry land is just gathering up the nutrient blocks and bottles of water scattered around the crash site. Everything else I agree with you about.

The only thing Subnautica 2 did differently is you're able to build on dry land now They also added a few new base structures, one of them being a control room that lets you customize the color of your base. They got rid of the Sea Moth and the Cyclops and combined them into the Sea Truck. It's basically just the Sea Moth where you can add compartments to the back. Once you get that the game is kind of beat because none of the Leviathans are a threat at all because you can just shock them as soon as they grab ahold of you, so all suspense is just gone. Newer biomes, but I found them to be less interesting. Some new fish.

It's pretty much just an expansion.

is it comfy? how many playtime can I get out of it if I play with one or two friends?

Because in reality he can't just respawn and a reaper biting down the seamoth would just result in immediate death. There's only like 2 or 3 zones that are genuinely safe to live in and everything outside of them is varying degrees of 'something might bite my leg off' to 'this thing can swallow me whole'.
Reapers wouldn't just stay in their designated spawn zones in reality, they'd branch out into other areas and even one crabsquid was enough to destroy an entire degasi seabase, a reaper or ghost would just tear straight through it. He could maybe stay on the islands but both are firmly in reaper territory and you'd be at constant risk of getting chomped every time you leave for something.

Tranny game

It'd be rad if the leviathans could chomp out sections of your longcar
Either Destroying 0-100% of hte Car Section itself, and/or the Items stored inside
Maybe if they REALLY wanted to go sicko mode, there's an "Emergency" button the breaks apart your whole longcar, and orders every section to AI drive to the nearest safe area

Also seems like that car could have used a "fun" pass, like bendier car joints , higher speed, more maneuverability, or whatever
But I only played S2 for like 30 minutes, so

That assumes he has to leave the islands. Didn't the crews on the islands only leave because they were forced to explore because of the recon mission? Or am I remembering wrong and the soil was dying? Because if it's the former then Ryley only needs to reach the island once and he's set.

they left because their farms were getting washed away by constant rainfall. The aurora tech might alleviate that with better indoor farming, but it's hard to judge game mechanic from setting/writing

I feel like if S1 isn't in your top 10, you have shit taste.

Well fuck you now im buying outer wilds i guess

which mods were removed from nexus?

Came here to say this.
Well shoot. That was my best suggestion.
It's a stretch, but STALKER, Shadow of Chernobyl, and Darkwood both scratched a similar itch for me.

And

Attached: Darkwood Snail.gif (480x480, 3.91M)

shame about the sequel

If you stick around and get past the boring early game progression gets much better and more rewarding. Don't be a bitch.

A few, I got some of em saved in a folder for if I want em later. Ingredients From Scanning was the big one. Databox Scanner Fix and Time Capsule Scanning were deleted.