Devil May Cry Mechanics

A few days ago some anons were wondering about how Vergil's "get DT when he resheathes Yamato" mechanic works and I promised I'd do some research. So here you go.
Feel free to share any other not-obvious mechanics for other anons. This was fun to discuss and check out.

Attached: Vergil Resheathe Mech 1.webm (960x540, 2.66M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/5TpQirJ_h4E?t=156
youtu.be/0MtWtPEbTb0?t=64
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Part 2

Attached: Vergil Resheathe Mech 2.webm (960x540, 1.74M)

That's extremely cool. I think in prior DMCs it was a set amount of DT gained back. I love DMC5.

Good to know they brought back such a stylish mechanic from DMC3

Now if only DT explosion would make a return

Honestly I didn't know it wasn't new to DMC5. I barely used him in 3 and never did in 4.

Attached: 1632350622444.webm (1280x720, 2.94M)

Not sure if it counts but you can toss out both Rebellion and Sparda with Round Trip and keep using DSD for a bit extra damage.
>Now if only DT explosion would make a return
Is that where switching to DT mid-attack would boost the damage?

Attached: 1646074983539.jpg (3840x2160, 678.91K)

dmc5 is such a bad game

Why do you hold this opinion

Attached: tomboy.webm (1208x680, 2.92M)

Nah it’s where if you hold onto the DT button it would use up the extra bars outside of the default three upon activation for a sort of instant burst that deals damage depending on how close or far you are to the enemy, it was a great way to give a sort of risk reward mechanic to the DT bar, where sacrificing potential health recovery time for insane damage

cool work user, thx

I've been told by white experts in all things Japanese that it's wrong to sheathe a Japanese sword by moving the sword into the scabbard and instead the scabbard should be moved over the sword. Is this right? Did DMC devs get Japan wrong?

I probably fall into that category, but from what I know, they're like 25% right.
In Iaido, the modern katana practice that heavily integrates the scabbard (which Vergil's style is based on), for the very final part of the resheathing, the left hand often brings the scabbard up to receive the sword as the sword also comes back. But the majority of the process is the sword itself moving.
youtu.be/5TpQirJ_h4E?t=156
But older styles seem to keep the scabbard completely stable.
youtu.be/0MtWtPEbTb0?t=64

Attached: 1582864971098.png (500x500, 189.64K)

dante has this mechanic with darkslayer in 4, and im fairly certain the mechanic is more useful than actually trying to use darkslayer for its attacks.

FELLAS. First time playing the game, what do I pick?

I've been DMC 1 and played a bit of 3. I'm generally competent at videogames. Is Human easy mode or normal mode?

Attached: 23134346.png (1659x235, 331.78K)

human is easy. i fucked up my first playthrough of dmc4 because i didnt understand that and wondered why nothing unlocked after beating it.

Human is easy to the point its not even fun, go devil hunter

Human is extremely easy, but even it has a certain appeal because the first run is more of a learning experience, and you unlock the mechanics that you keep for the rest of your runs (and it is very expected that you do so)
Devil Hunter is a good level of challenge if you're competent at vidya even if you've never played a DMC game. A bit easy if you're already familiar with the series. Should be perfect for you. Enjoy!

Attached: 1578961767599.png (426x364, 36.28K)

devil hunter
human isn't worth playing unless you're litting a kid play or something

gracias anons

Attached: download (11).jpg (299x169, 11.91K)

Does he get any DT if you use judgement cuts?

Only the normal amount you get from dealing damage. It's a reward for indulging his stylish autism; the resheathe is so fast on JC that it wouldn't really make sense to give you DT for that.

So I know Gerbera's Breakage is completely different when you use it mid-air, are there any others that behave completely differently depending on conditions like that?

Attached: 1632327359600.webm (480x270, 1.91M)