ITT:

ITT:

Signs you are playing a western game.

>Disembodied NPC’s endlessly squawk in your ear, telling you what to do and where to go.

Attached: 0E85C8DA-A579-49BF-B855-2EA93B27B26B.jpg (480x320, 21.33K)

You mean, like Navi, the litteraly disembodied NPC in Zelda OOT, one of the most famous japanese game of all time?

>>Disembodied NPC’s endlessly squawk in your ear, telling you what to do and where to go.
This started in chink games..op stop outing yourself as a zoomer.

> You mean, like Navi, the litteraly disembodied NPC in Zelda OOT, one of the most famous japanese game of all time?
Not even remotely close to contemporary western games. And Myamoto admits Navi as being a mistake and he was reluctant to put her in the game

is that mac miller

It's shit

Audio logs

>Navi as being a mistake and he was reluctant to put her in the game

Navi works great as a 'personification of Z-targeting', but he's right that she's too specifically helpful.

>it doesn't count because I said so!
user, Navi is the textbook definition of the little disembodied voice chirping over your shoulder about what you should do. What Myamoto said about her is completely irrelevant to the previous argument. The argument being that Navi proves it's not a Western-only hallmark, and that japanese game (and quite frankly, a LOT of chinbese game, too) have been doing that for litteral decades.

That sure is a very shoddy point to start a lame bad east-west flame war thread. Next time, try to find an annoying feature that most AAA western games have that isn't ALSO present in some of the most well-known japanese games there is.

>get a quest from some npc
>"you will pay me, right?"
>"Of course, not a problem"
>finish the quest
>"Oh thank you great warrior, if you weren't here our whole village would be slaughtered!"
>"Sure... Can you pay me now? I wasted a lot of ite-"
>"YOU GODDAMN PSYCHO!!!" *Karma lost, companions leave you, locked into the bad ending, devs break into your house irl and rape your dog*

thats fezco from euphoria

> >it doesn't count because I said so
it barley counts and I’m not reading any of your bullshit.

>I’m not reading any of your bullshit.
Way to show you're a retarded child that will throw a tantrum each time someone have a slightly different opinion that him. Challenging opinions, wheter your own or others, can be incredibly helpful, user. I hope for everyone sake you job doesn't involve any kind social interaction.

Hey, listen. That's different

naw thats mac miller

I see what you did there, you funny motherfucker.

>20 minute cutscene establishing all major plot points and characters
>cutscene ends
>characters immediately regurgitate same information for 15 minutes right after
Every fucking time. Is it to pay the VAs more? Is it because they think their audience is that stupid? Why?

You are going to have to share your thesis with someone else because I don’t care what you think.

Navi occasionally gave a small message for an optional hint. She did not talk constantly and her main function was personifying the Z targeting system.

A giant arrow at the top of the screen pointing where to go, in a linear corridor based game.

>Have two read two lines
>Feels like a lengthy thesis for him
Jeez, I don't know where you're from, but I sure pity your national education system.

Attached: FNN6QSrXoAEUoGg.jpg (1079x1046, 86.14K)

>>Disembodied NPC’s endlessly squawk in your ear, telling you what to do and where to go.
Okami
Mega Man X
Final Fantasy XIII
Killer7
Dragon Quest IX
Every Zelda post-OOT

You can’t even spell the shit you’re whinging about seethe more faglord

That's not Western only.

no it's mac milar

overated trash for nintendies

>women are hideous
>all men are incompetent and useless/evil
>token minority characters put in for no reason and often contrary to the historical setting
>women have rock boobs that never move regardless of what they are wearing
>transgender npc placed in section of game that mentions they are transgender the first time you meet them with no context to the story

Hated bioshock for this

>Blacks, gays, ugly females
>an obsession with real guns and their attachments and ammo
>patches that try and make the game "balanced"
>bugs, bugs, and more bugs

>Hey, listen.

Attached: 1648224196202.jpg (1280x720, 89K)

Horizon zero ovaries

Navi was a bit different, every now and then they'd pop up to say something but modern western titles have characters shouting in your ear every time an objective pops up.
Still an obnoxious piece of shit though.

obsessed

Touch grace, tranny.

It could be any western made game. I wasn't speaking specifically. Hell, you could apply this shit to DA:I which is like an 8 or 9 year old game now.

Name 1

>game is boring because its the third sequel and the studio is afraid to take any risk

Attached: 1533352224525.gif (480x270, 1.79M)

I just like to dab on horizon fags and smear salt in the wound where the dick was previously located

>western game
The female npc's are actually realistically attractive.

It's not that they think the audience is that stupid, it's that they know the audience is that stupid. They spend fuckloads on researching why people stop playing and what gives poor brand impressions. "Skip every cutscene and get mad because you don't understand the story" is an incredibly common pattern of behavior, there's an entire type of player who does this on every game they play and will be unhappy with any game that has even a single required cutscene. They want a focus on story but the entire story has to be understandable from unskippable moments or everyone in that group will stop playing and never buy a sequel.