Alright, the dust has actually settled now. What's the verdict?

Alright, the dust has actually settled now. What's the verdict?

Attached: 1648187610349.png (1407x785, 2.45M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HvvtkKygIqU
youtu.be/JKjW4Mq2xDU?t=55
youtube.com/watch?v=O4t3WesdaTk
youtube.com/watch?v=BRGDZLAHj_8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Japan made this game as an excuse for the Sherry model and that's a good thing

It’s ok

Same as when the dust settled in 2021 and 2020 and 2019 when it came out, it's a nearly 10/10 Resident Evil experience despite some flaws and the best Resident Evil game since RE4. The verdict is the same verdict that it was 3 years ago.

Attached: 32708DF0-546E-426E-A7AC-51EAF31B009D.jpg (1463x2048, 371.29K)

It's fun, but the Jill peeing nude mod made it GOAT

I love this game but I still haven't bought the RE3 remake, everytime it goes on sale for 20 I still feel its too much. There's actually a Capcom sale on Xbox right now...do I pull the trigger?

Ever heard of piratebay?

It's the best game in the series now. The absolute perfect solution to how you modernise classic explorative survival horror.

Only the original RE2 is a better RE title but then RE2 is also literally the best game ever made so that is extremely high praise.

Great game. One of the few games I'd give a 10/10.

yep. They could have fucked this up so hard they had to level RE2 which has this legendary status but they fucking did it. Someone could ask "what single RE game can i play that will on it's own give me the Resident Evil experience?" and you could just fully give them REmake 2 as this one off stand alone example.

Attached: 51DF2960-3444-4F61-B27A-FCF7D1E47B6E.jpg (800x523, 47.84K)

It stands alongside the original but doesn't replace it.

>unironically believeing RE4 is a good game

Attached: zoomer.gif (652x562, 516.4K)

I've played gamecube resi2 and resi4, I own 5, remake revelations and code veronica X, which game should I play next? And is this remake worth playing before any of the ones I own? Loved Resident Evil 2 played Leon A Claire B and a bit of 4th survivor, bit of ex battle.

Best RE game for atmosphere since the very first one, I don’t like how the game loses the plot half way through and doesn’t stick to how the original dealt with mutant Birken and MrX on the separate playthroughs.

It's almost game of the generation but bloodborne wins that title. It's as important a title for gen 8 gaming as RE2 was for gen 5 gaming.

Tied for the best RE game with Remake 1 (two flavors of RE), shits all over Remake 3.

don't even pirate it, it's shit and not worth a play
it looks very pretty though

It's the only modern RE game that I love. It has none of the flaws of the other nu-RE games (e.g. 7, 8, re3make), and it does almost everything right. It strikes the perfect balance between horror and action in a way that very few other games have managed to do. There's just the right amount of survival-horror tension, and exciting fast-paced moments. The police station is a truly supurbly-designed location, to the point where it was inevitable the rest of the game would feel a bit underwhelming by comparison.
My only major criticism is that the A/B system was basically almost non-existent, and should have been designed more like the original did it, with one playthrough directly affecting the other. With modern technology that could easily have been achieved and expanded on.
But other than that it's a genuinely great game, and I say this as someone with no nostalgia for the original. Unfortunately Capcom haven't been able to recreate this level of quality with any other modern RE games, imo

Attached: dr-slumpx-creates-claire-bdsm-escape-run-mod-for-resident-evil-2_102fb1b5.jpg (980x923, 269.46K)

Based and truthpilled. I'm just sad because it could have easily been more.

Which is what's so perfect about it. It's part of RE2's legacy, it does not throw the original away. I can't imagine setting foot in REmake 2's RPD without first having played the original to really drive home the gravitas of it, but the weird thing is this could totally be someone's first RE game and they are getting a masterpiece experience regardless.

I think $20 is ok. Its the kind of game you beat in a weekend and forget about. You’ll be hard pressed to want to play through it more than twice. And Jill is ugly when she used to be hot.

Good game. I'm glad that its not exactly like the original and doesn't outright replace it.

A solid 9/10. Good replay vbalue. Only things I didn't like were that Claire and Leon barely interacted, only seeing each other at the beginning and end. They should've met in the STARS office for example. Wish there was a zapping system for A and B routes.

>still can't force myself through a Hardcore Claire B-side run because the damage scaling + how shitty the QuickDraw is for staggering makes even basic zombie encounters an absolute chore

I love this game otherwise though.

Attached: 1B4F6C96-14B1-405B-8CAF-30CFF2387C61.jpg (800x800, 593.67K)

it was ok
the immortal fucker following you the entire game ruins it for me.
gameplay was good but i hate zombies not dying with headshots
ITS LITERALY RESIDENT EVIL LORE THAT ZOMBIES DIE WITH HEADSHOTS
youtube.com/watch?v=HvvtkKygIqU
sherry is realy cute. Claire is 10/10, ada was ok

I've booted it again to see if it ran on my linux and all I wanted was to do start game. It's a 2019 game and it's making me feel nostalgic.

It is an ok game. I do prefer the remake of 3 however.
It is worth a play just for the diapered claire mod alone.

>gameplay was good but i hate zombies not dying with headshots
Anyone with half a brain knows why it wasn't implemented. Also, use the shotgun.

>Only things I didn't like were that Claire and Leon barely interacted
This unfortunately because their teenage like chemistry at the game was perfect. I fucking loved the idea that Claire who acts super hardcore lone wolf girl is actually super awkward in front of a handsome young man like Leon. Not because i like "ship them" or anything dumb like that, but it was a charming side to them both.

Attached: 49CFDC11-D706-41DC-BB50-635CB8D1B6B6.jpg (1024x576, 196.16K)

i dont give a shit about WHY it wasnt implemented

make me have very little ammo, put 20 zombies on each room and make them only kilable with headshots LIKE ITS SUPPOSED TO BE
youtu.be/JKjW4Mq2xDU?t=55
youtube.com/watch?v=O4t3WesdaTk
youtube.com/watch?v=BRGDZLAHj_8

Attached: BULLETSPONGES.webm (640x360, 2.86M)

dont play any this series sucks especially the one that's (you)r favourite NIGGER

>tfw no comedic post-credit scene where Sherry accidentally walks in on Leon and Claire having wild sex

whoa calm down wiseguy whats the big idea?

God, re2make Claire was such a perfectly designed/performed character model (lots of credit to the actress, of course).
She succeeds in every way that Jill fails in the next game.

My favorite RE game personally

It liked it. The extra modes sucked though, except hunk mode.
The story was gibberish. I thought the idea was that we were seeing two sides of the same narrative, but I guess they couldn't bother trying to make that work

>all these based replies
i am glad to see that 3 years later REmake 2 still has people just straight up say "yes, it's amazing." this is a game that will endure just like RE2, REmake and RE4.

it was fun to play the first time. but repeat playthroughs make the game dreadful to play

they should have made sherry and ada sections skippable

Attached: 1d7djbnqiee31.png (582x676, 482.94K)

RE7 > RE2

It is and no amount of seething will change that

In terms of straight-up horror? Definitely
But in every other way, RE2make is vastly superior

it was the beginning of the period that almost killed the franchise
6, 5 AND 4 are complete shit games