MINECRAFT IS DEAD —— THE SOUL IS GONE

Hunger system removed the fun from exploration, and fundamentally hamstringed the game as a result. The game could have had way more cool stuff that changes the way you play that you could acquire via exploration but the high food demand that the game presents fundamentally slows the game and hurts exploration immensely all while impeding creativity.

When the nether was added, it was supposed to be the first of many biomes that radically changed the game, but it remained functionally useless until nether fortresses, which in turn really only served as a source of potions and tools to reach the end, another biome that remained unfinished for a very long time (and arguably still is, over a decade later). Even now I'd argue that the nether is flawed conceptually.

Beyond this, the developers routinely showed that they don't understand certain things that were clearly wanted by the players, for example, the Anvil was meant to create a system in place that allowed players to keep their tools forever, something that players wanted, but they slapped on an increasing level tax on repairs that made it so tools eventually became useless (unless you have mending). This is further worsened by the increasing shift toward making it a lobotomized roguelike instead of elaborating on the survival aspects.

The game is dead and I have no pity for those who still play vanilla. Download GregTech mechaenetia.com/downloads/

Attached: 1602557196040.png (960x1021, 1.43M)

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/app/224540/Ace_of_Spades_Battle_Builder/
buildandshoot.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Hunger system removed the fun from exploration, and fundamentally hamstringed the game as a result.
mod the game to remove it.

And growing a decade older yourself surely has nothing to do with this feeling user

What's the best version of minecraft I should download from an archive?
I didn't read the op

anything post 2012 is dead
the internet is unironically ruined. there's no going back. they took it away from you.

Is the version before Alex was added good?

So, Any Forums server when?

Hunger didn't ruin the game, im sick of this retarded contrarian narrative. Sprinting ruined it. Before sprinting, you were able to walk around and take in the atmosphere. You can't look around while sprinting, so you stop paying attention to your surroundings and just start sprinting from point A to point B. Not only this but it completely ruins the danger of mobs and night time. Mobs are not a threat: you can simply outrun everything dangerous in the game, nothing is actually balanced around sprinting. Before sprinting you actually were forced to fight mobs, and escaping was extremely tense and difficult. This is why minecraft used to feel like an atmospheric horror game. Sprinting is soulless.

Wait, I thought this already existed? Even /vt/ has their own server.

I AM FUCKING DONE FUCK MINECRAFT!!!
>Villages within 2000 blocks (circular) from Spawn are ABANDONED, meaning that there are NO FUCKING CROPS OR WATER in the farms, loot in the blacksmiths house, or windows present. They also provide GARBAGE shelter in the early game, AND THAT provided that the player covers the windows and doors. Within this circumference desert and jungle temples are "looted", having none of the loot an untouched temple would have (!!!)
>Villages between 2000 and 3000 blocks from spawn (in a circular radius) are "semi-abandoned", meaning that while STILL missing the windows these villages contain crops (less than in full villages) and villagers, with the mention that librarians (white) and priests (purple) are unable to spawn in semi-abandoned villages. Starting at 2000 jungle and desert temples are no longer "looted" and contain their respective unique loots. So fucking retarded
>Villages FURHTER 3K blocks from spawn are INTACT but STILL SHIT.

Okay, so I'm about to cry: 2-3k blocks from spawn, that's very nice to know pre-compass actually (a compass requires leads the way to your original spawn, which in my case is completely useless since all my progress is in BUMFUCK NOWHERE, apparently OVER 2K+ blocks from spawn.

>When a village with villagers is found, either semi-abandoned or intact, the villagers will be zombie villagers. They will run around eating passive animals and will attack the player, and do not burn in sunlight. Zombie villagers are wicked fast, it is not advised to go toe to toe with them without armor. If you kill the zombie villagers, they will *NOT* respawn (!) So in order to get villagers to trade with, the player will need to trap and cure them. It is easier to do this one zombie villager at a time. You can NOT tell what occupation the zombie villager will have before it is cured.

SO FUCKING RETARDED!!!!!!!!!!

>inb4 "filtered"
fuck you

Attached: 1637153600736.png (1036x838, 220.78K)

This isn't vanilla is it?

1.7.3 beta was the update before they added ravines, hunger, sprint, experience, jews, and niggers (the adventure update). also the update that had lots of gravel near some shallow beaches. for me personally, it was the final update before everything changed

1.7.3 was also the last update where they had the kino old worldgen, now everything is mostly flat and soulless. You can turn on amplified but it's not the same.

Come play Vintage Story

Attached: 2022-02-17_12-06-16.png (2022x1194, 2.83M)

never play games with Any Forums unless it's TF2 or Ace of Spades

isnt ace of spades dead, both the game and servers?

why

>servers
user you host it yourself

but the game's delisted from steam, servers are shut down and their website is gone
store.steampowered.com/app/224540/Ace_of_Spades_Battle_Builder/

Attached: Capture.jpg (948x644, 111.86K)

What are you talking about retard?
People literally spawn next to villages with villagers in them.

Classic Ace of Spades is still alive. buildandshoot.com/

>2022
>still no fix for dogshit combat
>TF2
only zoomers, trannies and furries play TF2

>tfw showing an amidst map from an older version of Minecraft
Maybe try playing a version made after 2013

Go play the old versions then