Reduces half of Any Forums into a crying pissing mess of 500 replies

>reduces half of Any Forums into a crying pissing mess of 500 replies

Attached: lCZ2Wmu.jpg (630x630, 76.85K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/starrrsky/status/1313995936838770688
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Fighting games are the embodiment of artificial difficulty.

Attached: solbadbait.webm (852x480, 2.87M)

How do we save fighting games, bros? Lumina's dead, P4G's dead, Dengeki Bunko's dead

>not dp

you can't

it's like trying to save RTS

1. people are put off by 1v1 games
2. people will only tolerate a high barrier to entry if they can play with their friends (thus how obtuse shit like Dota manages to stay popular)
3. there are tons of options in different genres compared to when fighting games peaked culturally

When I was 10 years old I figured out how to do dragon punch by myself on the brand new coin-op Street Fighter II machine at the Food Lion grocery store in Darlington, SC

just by trying everything over and over again....I could reliably do it every time too, but I don't think I could have told you what the exact motion was.

I guess it's like playing by ear vs. learning the sheet music

filtered

>people are put off by 1v1 games
Those kind of people are why I don't play team games. They can blame others instead of owning the fact that they suck.

When you think about it a fair amount of games roll the stick in such a way that it's similar to a command input except its to do a series of actions, yet its infinitely more seemless
Not that I think pulling a fireball or DP is anything difficult but still

FG players come up with tons of excuses for why their loss wasn't their fault. This is a cop out answer. People don't want to have to carry other team members.

I never realized how many people on here consider themselves honest-to-god """hardcore gamers""" but don't play anything remotely demanding. Like they think playing New Vegas for 2000 hours while posting edgelord memes on Any Forums in 2022 is what makes them hardcore. It's more of a cultural thing for them than anything related to skill.

I know people who literally only play CSGO. They don't even know about other games besides a vague familiarity with Nintendo stuff. Yet they play CS for 10-20 hours a week and some of them have made money doing so. Some of them are better than 99% of people could ever, ever be no matter how hard they worked. Are they still casuals because they don't care about Elden Ring and wouldn't know what the fuck you're talking about if you sent them a "GOTTA GO FAST" meme? I wonder.

>hardcore gamer

>FG players come up with tons of excuses for why their loss wasn't their fault.
You look more like a clown while doing that in 1v1 game tho. Subconsciously you know you were at fault

why do you care so much what other people do? that's pretty gay

According to FG trannies, nothing except FGs are ever actually difficult competitively, which is demonstrably false. The skills required, and those acclimated change per genre/game but other scenes have thrived because of tests of skill.

I've sorta wondered if a rhythm style of pressing the buttons and inputs as the appear might be a good way to teach these things. Slowing down the game too could help, but combos in fighting games are a bit like rhythm games, all about finding the right timing to link everything together.

>P4G
Never heard of this fighting game before

twitter.com/starrrsky/status/1313995936838770688

wym

Attached: 1619575737757.webm (820x550, 2.56M)

>You look more like a clown while doing that in 1v1 game tho
Looking like a clown has never stopped a sperg from doing anything.
>Subconsciously you know you were at fault
this is just a really sad attempt. i could equally say the same for team games. who can verify either of them?

Falseflagging

is there a df in there? because if its d, f thats not a hadouken

Aw that's exactly it, that's cool That should be in the fucking games.

minor brainfart. but how do we save the genre?

what part of it's a falseflag to you? those claims are made in every FG thread by FG fans.

filtered

>filtered by the motion being a casualized version

okay now go do a webm of doing athena's shining crystal bit in KoF 95 on the keyboard and throw it at the enemy while fighitng. see you in a while

>this is just a really sad attempt. i could equally say the same for team games. who can verify either of them?
No not really, you can cope way easier when you have the possibility of shifting the blame to other actual people and player retention in team games proves that

i don't play kusoge

Not that user but slow the footage down. The motions overlap. You need d, df, f in Alpha 2. Have you ever played it?

Did you miss the pic in the OP you retarded nigger?

They could but that's a bait image, he's pressing the wrong buttons to make it seem like a difficult link but GG gatlings require no real timing

yeah that shit was forever ago though i dont remember when they made d,f a thing. my fighting games were more this era hes afraid of the motions from my fighting games.

I don't like most fighting games because they aren't fun. Playing footsies and spamming projectiles to try and create an opening to do some gay combo that does 50% of the opponents life bar is boring and cringe

>those claims are made in every FG thread by FG fans.
No they aren't, rts and arena fps are highly regarded within fg players

*buttons overlap
in FGs people shift the blame to everything from character balance to the other character's playstyle being "cheap". You're reaching, user

FGs are popping off dude. There's like 7 fighting games on steam right now that have over 1k players every day. A few of them are between 2 and 3k. And that's just on PC. Rollback has become a standard for the genre, which makes games with even just a few hundred players extremely playable. Crossplay is probably going to become standard with Arcsys pushing it into Strive. Project L is going to double down on the huge wave of new players that Strive ushered in and make FGs explode in popularity, for better or for worse.

The only thing worth lamenting in the modern FGC is the reduced focus on offline tournaments. But that aside, the genre is thriving. You have no idea how fucking poverty this genre used to be. Back in the day, the FGC sneered at anything that wasn't Capcom. Every game but SF4 and UMVC3 was a side game that nobody turned up for.

Attached: 4e6avfo15qx31.jpg (411x438, 19.61K)

He does the full motion

No one's afraid, but there's nothing to prove to someone who's already spoken out their ass about a different game

Eh I think if you spend 1000 hours or more on any game you should be at least considered a hardcore fan even if you suck at it whether it be singleplayer or multiplayer.

>10 to 20 hours a week
>are they casuals?
lol, nigga I can get 10 in a day if I really try, this is with a full time job

>in FGs people shift the blame to everything from character balance to the other character's playstyle being "cheap". You're reaching, user
As I said "you can cope way easier when you have the possibility of shifting the blame to other actual people"
Not to mention you can do the same thing you are saying in team games as well.
And again player retention in team games still proves my point otherwise RTS would've have been less dead than Mobas

This is why keyboard is banned.

>Nobody can identify with me at all
>Nobody asks anything
>Turning 40 in 3 months

It's okay...you guys go on without me.