IS the performance of Elden Ring on PC finally in a playable state? It's been almost a month since release...

IS the performance of Elden Ring on PC finally in a playable state? It's been almost a month since release, so have they fixed or almost eliminated the stuttering? What about the FPS drops? Is the game still in a shitty unplayable mess of a state?

Attached: eldenring.jpg (1508x877, 158.65K)

Only on Linux

It's been running better on Linux than Windows since the first week after some patches to mesa and vkd3d-proton

I never had any trouble because I'm not a fucking moron running 500 background processes.

I think the issue was shaders. From use an inelegant solution so it creates performance drops and stutters. I believe it is better now but you basically have to play the game and it sorts itself out. I'm using day one version, no patches, no updated drivers and it runs mostly fine. Some drops here and there with the worst ones being in safe spots thankfully.

>superior platform
>literally every game has a problem
Every single time

game is still a stuttery mess, nobody seems to care because their eyes got used to the stutters, fromsoft is rich and they wont fix anything

How improved are we talking here? Will I still notice massive dips? I have good hardware, but I heard early on it doesn't matter how good it is. Is it more of a CPU or GPU bound problem?

They won't fix issues they have had since at least Demon's Souls, why would they fix performance problems when they can't port for shit? They made massive money with ER so have zero reason to bother, plus they have legions of fanboys to drown out the negatives now.

Game still runs like dogshit not like it matters they sold millions regardless.

Sadly there is no telling. 3070, Ryzen 7 3700x, 16GB RAM, SSD Nvme, no updated drivers, day one version for me. Runs mostly fine, crashes sometimes too on area load.

no, but i cant complaint because i am playing it pirated and with an i3 540, 8gb ram and a rx 560

i don't know if this happened to anyone else, but basically the game crashes after it starts to rain. Granted it also tanks the framerate. Northern Caelid is the worst offender, i can't roam thar area for long. It's bizzarre and i wasn't able to fix this

>EAC enabled
dips constantly to 40-50 fps
>EAC disabled
smooth 60 fps in 95% of the game

I get constant crashes with both of my rigs one with a 5950x and a 3090 and one with a 5900x and a 6800xt no it doesn't have good performance and I lost close to 100hrs of save data due to one of those crashes.

Attached: 126647228655920110724-22047-1vwn5su.jpg (600x837, 33.83K)

It runs even worst on console somehow though

I get heavy stutters for about 3 seconds every 2-3 minutes on a 980/i5 4690k. Hasn't improved since launch. I've played for 70 hours so it's definitely still playable but I've also died 10+ times to the stutters and it's pretty infuriating when that happens.

This. Tried it on both sides of my dualboot and Linux runs it with minimal stutters while Windows is a laggy mess. It was crashing hard on Linux on my Nvidia card though but since I switched to AMD it runs perfect.

no
assume it will never get fixed until someone makes a DSFix variant for it, complain as much as you want but fromsoft dicksuckers will tell you not to complain

I have 60fps constant

As much as I hate to make a
> works on my machine!
post, I have the same 5900/6800xt setup and it runs well on kubuntu for me. If you can be fucked to set up dual booting it might be worth it

I play an unpatched cracked copy, it only stutters when entering a new zone, after that it stays locked at 60.

The stutters are far and few in between and negligible. With a GTX 1070 I was getting 55-60 FPS at High settings.