ITT: Ashes of War

Post weapon artes that people are sleeping on.
Hoarfrost/Seppuku kiddies need not apply

Attached: ash_of_war_raptor_of_the_mists_elden_ring_wiki_guide_200px_png.png (200x200, 53.48K)

Would moonlight greatsword be too OP if the beam attack had AoE and or piercing qualities? Kind of like that fan arc sorcery? I would honestly prefer this to higher single target damage.
Also the tracking is totally fucked sometimes, unsure what causes this.

If you used any other ones you didn't beat the game.

Attached: 1622674055026.png (200x200, 24.77K)

The beam tracks the sword swing animation, that's why targets at lower ground can easily avoid it. That said the shear power of the beam and its abillity to break poise make it a killer, one of the heaviest projectiles in the game.

Anyway, for me it's Gravitas. Huge range, fast and powerful 360 AoE that hits above and below pulls enemies in for a follow up AND drops flying enemies.

Every time I use this I get stunned in the air
In what situation is this better than bloodhound step?

I have been using this one most of my playthrough
Deals good damage and cant be stopped by enemies hitting you

Attached: ash_of_war_lions_claw_elden_ring_wiki_guide_200px.png (200x200, 25.57K)

That clone spear strike WA is pretty good. Use it as a closer, good surprise damage.

Square off is the only truly based Art

The heavy hits like a truck and staggers everything

The light sends mobs flying

Low FP cost

Not a low test art like ice stomp or other status effect pussy shit, just a man stabbing you with a sword

shield slam, if you upgrade your shield it actually does good damage while blocking for the entire duration of the animation, you also can never be staggered out of the block even if you run out of stamina so you can spam it with a sliver of stamina endlessly.

Flame of the redmanes

Even though they stealth nerfed it in the patch it still does huge poise damage

Because bloodhound step is for boring faggots who only care about using OP shit. Raptor of the mists is fun, though not great.

Sword Dance is amazing on any weapon with long reach - it does up to three R2 hits in the time it take to do a jumping R1, plus it closes distance.

Chilling Mist is also fantastic for big or slow targets. Guaranteed frostbite plus ice enchant.

Whats the absolute worst Ashes of War?

so it's bad and you use it because you're afraid of anyone caring you use meta

I vote for the poison ash which when you use it, REMOVES poison from whatever you hit and does less damage than just using bloody slash.

So it requires a setup and then the payoff is less.

Not that guy, but raptor has a lot of application in terms of just movement. Maybe not optimal for pvp but I'll keep one around for chariot puzzles and other hazards.

I really like the ash of war version of glintstone pebble. Compared to the spell it has shorter range, higher damage, and you can press heavy attack right after to do a lunging thrust that deals high damage and stagger.

The dagger you get at the end of Sellen's quest has a buffed version of it with even more damage and the ability to charge it. Love it.

>chariot puzzles
wait.. do you NOT get hit by chariots if you use raptor?

blood tax with godskin cloth talisman and maybe even melanias rune can put you into almost bloodborne mode on a lot of bosses. also the quick stabs all each apply bleed

Attached: 1511358314422.gif (600x293, 2.14M)

If you can do Double Slash instead of Sword Dance, go Double Slash, it's like a 6 hit combo with a hard downswing as cherry on top, fast too, and has really good tracking.

Currently have this on my Lordsworn's Straight Sword +14 and I don't think I can live without it. The area and damage are so good.

Attached: ash_of_war_gravitas_elden_ring_wiki_guide_200.png (200x200, 23.87K)

i'm gonna try it and if I die i'll be so upset

Double slash is more damage if you can land it all, but sword dance is still good for the amount of distance it covers.

>gravitas
>damage

Attached: 1392542688103.gif (253x200, 664.46K)

Love the aoe, but I wish they could fix the follow-up attack.

Attached: waves-of-darkness.png (200x200, 25.88K)

It's not bad at all. It's viable, just not meta. I don't care what anyone thinks, I just don't find it fun using overpowered shit. Conversely, it's not fun using things that suck. RoM actually might have hidden potential and do some things better than BHS, but needs more testing

The poison mist is nice. If you manage to hit the target with it they almost always end up being poisoned. Though Im sure there are better ones out there that can apply stronger effects besides bleed.

Square off is based, but I don't think straight sword moveset is very fun.
I do like Miquellan Knight Sword heavy moveset a lot, but unfortunately you can't ash of war that weapon

I just don't like the pause with the downswing at the end, it really fucks with me. Feels like it took the control away from me

At least against small and plentiful enemies. For everything else I use my Bloodhound's Fang.

Ok ignoring the context of someone specifically asking why is it better than bloodhound step I know that it's a mediocre weapon art with some niche use

How did they stealth nerf it?

You didn't beat the game.

Attached: wg0FXcA.png (260x355, 75.37K)

Butt stomp is legit kinda fun. You can duck under a lot of attacks in the windup or jump over them.

I like the dragoon jump on the spear. I’m surprised at how high the poise is for most of these moves. I’m using Lorettas thing on my twin blade and it’s pretty fucking cool.

Gravitas deals great damage for the absolutely massive range it has.

If you want even more damage, the unique versions you get from Alabastor and Onyx Lord swords deal double the damage with even greater range, but I prefer the regular one for the speed.

I love running to get the flame strike at the start of the game, kinda like picking fire gem in ds3. Fire affinity mogged my Quality build until I was like 25/25

Straight Sword really needed another LKK. Short sword has the move set but cmon. SS fucking sucks on horseback too.

>juggles humanoid enemies
>interrupts bigger ones and builds up stagger
I love this thing with my Great Stars.

Attached: Ash of War Stamp Upward Cut.png (200x200, 26.98K)

It's best against flying enemies.

Tell me about your favorite unique move sets. I found the Mirrah GS move set on the Banished Knight GS. No stabs though.

I use cragblade along with golden vow and fire, grant me strength for max unga damage

good ashes for curved swords?

lots of ashes and weapons got nerfed in the patch without it being written anywhere

vyke's dragonbolt is another example, for flame of the redmanes they reduced its stagger ammount

shiteaters r2 is a cool upwards cut

Waves of Darkness is a decent alternative if you want more damage

For me, it's endure on the anchor with the spear and axe talismans.

There's a wondrous physics tear that negates damage too that I used. didn't know about raptors mist but the flask thing carried me through those puzzles. Also after I think about 50 vigor you can survive getting hit by them anyway