TODAY I WILL REMIND THEM

TODAY I WILL REMIND THEM
Ocarina of Time revolutionized the industry and was very innovative

-playable instrument allowed for a multitude of different castable spells.
-ztargeting that allows you to lock onto enemies and strafe them, recenter the camera, and peer around corners all without an additional analog stick.
-Navi is a interactive guidance system as a character.
-a rideable mount to get around the huge hubworld, teleportation between important locations, and shortcuts at various junctures.
-you could see locations far off in the distance like death mountain from hyrule field or kakariko village from death mountain and go there.
-face buttons you could reassign items to.
-the menu system is an intuitive cube you rotate to the information and your equipment is visibly attached and detached from your portrait.
-choreographed combat where when you see an enemy guarding it's blocking, and when it lowers its guard it's vulnerable.
-you automatically jump when talking off of ledges with momentum, drop and jump to grabs, all without the need for another button.
-the context sensitive action button literally everything uses, in OoT it told you simple words what would happen should you press it.
-attention to detail such as shadows that rotated around the character in relation to light sources, water that reflected objects, and rooms being blanketed in darkness when enemies sap light from the room to hurl as weapons.

Pay your respects to a very impressive and technologically advanced game that set impossible standards

Attached: zeldur.jpg (250x274, 26.34K)

Other urls found in this thread:

danbruno.net/writing/ocarina/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

we known all this for decades already

Do ocarina of HRTroons really...?

pay up faggot, sweet talk it a little

Attached: shiny.jpg (405x458, 53.43K)

Bump. Based ocarinabro

I love OoT. It's one of my favorite games of all time, and I've beaten it at least two dozen times, but

>playable instrument allowed for a multitude of different castable spells.
What? They're mostly just fast travel and simple interaction in specific areas. I think the ocarina is a really cool mechanic, and the composing that went into the songs is really really good (check out danbruno.net/writing/ocarina/ for a good music theory breakdown), but I think it's a stretch to call them "spells" for basically any of them other than maybe the Sun's Song.

Btu the thinh about Ocarina is, while it was innovative, the innovations it made were far from the the most impressive aspect of it.

-change day to night and night to day
-contextually activate certain events
-move platforms around
-summon your mount
-summon a hookshot point

Everyone knows its the GOAT user. You don't have to remind anyone of that.

they were literally THE most impressive aspect of it, everyone played it, everyone gushed over how ridiculously immense it is

Other than the first, those are all either living things recognizing the music or objects that have been enchanted to react to the music itself. There's magic involved, but playing the music isn't casting a spell, but triggering another already-cast spell.

>-a rideable mount to get around the huge hubworld, teleportation between important locations, and shortcuts at various junctures.
>-face buttons you could reassign items to.
>-the menu system is an intuitive cube you rotate to the information and your equipment is visibly attached and detached from your portrait.
I love this game, man, but are you seriously saying mounts, hotkeys, and seeing your equipment on your portrait were innovative in fucking 1998? Get the smoke out of your head.

Mystical Ninja 64 did it first.

Attached: 1645492546655.png (380x380, 197.33K)

whatever ,captain redundancy

No but so many good features all in a single game was unheard of at the time and helps the game hold up to this day

what other console games were doing these things, especially in conjunction with everything in the list all in one game

Not really.

Keep fighting the good fight sir. OOT’s legacy will never be forgotten

>console games
A console game doing something PC games had been doing for decades isn't innovative just because it's on consoles.

Contrarians need to update and realize we're at the point of loving OoT again because shitting on it was the meta for a few years now.

Post the pc game that did everything OoT did earlier than it.
Not asking for a list of games each having an individual aspect of OoT in them. I'm asking for a single game with all or most of OoT's features.

yes huh