Doom: the longest-running vidya series without a single bad game in it

2 > Eternal > 64 > 1 > 3 > 2016

Attached: 1637585563755.jpg (1920x1080, 460.5K)

I... well shit you're right. Even Half Life has Blue Shift and Episode 1.

3 is pretty bad in every way except atmosphere

yes

You threaded yourself, OP

1 > 2016 > 3 > 64 > 2
haven't played Eternal yet. Is it still fucked up on PC gamepass? Last time I tried downloading it, it wouldn't even start.

it's pretty telling how accepting people are of 3 now, but when it came out it got shit on relentlessly not only for it's needlessly high hardware requirements, but for just plain being not fun and poorly made

And I disagree with your atmosphere comment, not being able to see shit doesn't make it atmospheric, it just makes it tedious. Doom's not a horror game, it doesn't need that kind of tension.

interested headcanon you got there user, i wonder if you were even alive in 2004

DOOM wads >/= DOOM eternal > final DOOM > DOOM 2016 > no rest for the living >> DOOM 2 > ultimate DOOM/sigil (the brutality acts to its advantage) > DOOM 64 (could have been better than any other classic DOOM game if it has a better enemy roster and was harder) > DOOM >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>DOOM 3 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> master levels.

my ruling is FINAL

Attached: DOOM.jpg (1000x1000, 283.25K)

cont. also even if you give DOOM 3 a pass,the master levels are pure garbage,so there is a bad DOOM game,even if it isn't a popular or mainline one.

Good rankings.

Episode 1 is kino.

I would put 2016 lower, below NORTL, which is pretty kinoish.

Eternal and 3 are dogshit

and metadoom is EPIC

3 is the best of the series you faggots dont understand how fun it is to blast demons away only using the flash of your muzzle fire as a light source

Attached: 20210818_025608.jpg (624x624, 43.78K)

Even atmosphere sucks.

i do like me some no rest for the living,but id say 2016 edges it out.

Shit bait.

2016 is a lot of style but little substance I feel. I feel like the last level soured me on it. Just more reddish-brown ruins and the fights were pretty pathetic compared to VEGA.

fair,the last level felt like its just there to hype up the spider mastermind.
though i really liked the push forward combat and bosses,and it was reliving to see an FPS throw away as much of the garbage of the last 15 years of FPS history as it could to make the fps combat it wanted.

I feel like in 2016 they weren't sure how people would react, plus they had to salvage at least some Call of Doom assets, and in Eternal they just fully committed to making a game they wanted to make.