Is brawler Yakuza dead?

>Judgement series is effectevily dead unless they want to continue series without the selling point of having a big name actor be the MC
>Yakuza is switching to turn based combat from now on
are the brawler RGG games just not gonna be a thing anymore? I feel like they wanted Judgement to be their big beat em up series while they experiment with turn based Yakuza but the whole Johnny's thing killed that

Attached: c194762ead3e42a9b61f9c3c0137ef99.png (1200x675, 1.08M)

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcharts.com/search/?q=Yakuza
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Yakuza died with Kiryu

Judgment 2 just came out, wait a year or two to see what happens.

What happened to Judgement?

Judgment isn't dead. They're supposedly making a TV show with Kimura as the lead star.
Kimura also wasn't the original Yagami, so they could easily let someone else take the lead.
Won't come to that though.

MC is played by a big name actor, his Talent agency is super restrictive to the point where magazines grey out actors on the cover, entire seasons of anime can't be streamed online because it uses their actors and the agency hates the internet, and they're also the reason Judgement and it's sequel never got a PC port

from my understanding judgment was planed as a trilogy after judgment sold way over expectations, plus it was being used to replace yakuza as rgg's beat em up. they probably have something else planned since judgment would have ended at 3 unless they decided to really milk it. personally I want them to make more anime spinoffs like fotns, a yu yu hakusho yakuza game would be sick.

Who would want to be in a talent agency that doesn't want to put your face in every space it possibly can?

Attached: 1513371967854.png (404x404, 117.71K)

I don't get the hype with PC ports. Going by Steam Charts, people buy them on sale, but don't play them. Not one game had more than 10,000 players in-game at any time. Not even Y0 or Like a Dragon.
steamcharts.com/search/?q=Yakuza

No it's not, even if they cancel Judgment, they'll do something else in place of it.

Kimura isn't even that important for sales, only 40 year old housewives like SMAP and they don't play video games.
They could replace him with a fictional character and it would sell the same.
If they really wanted to appeal to young fujos they could easily get some cheaper young twink actor from japanese romcoms.

I pirated it and played it there and then bought it.

Yakuza is a niche series, the fact that LAD almost got 10k peak is actually very good for them. That was at launch too when the game was full price with 2 extra editions that were even more expensive. The PS3 ports were never gonna break the charts but it was likely fairly cheap to port them.

A sale is a sale. I did't play the remastered collection, but I've bought it on release to support Sega.

they like the control, that's why they hate the internet and especially hate the idea of a detailed modeled being available for anyone to rip and use, which is why they killed the PC port
because there are people who prefer playing on PC?

It was announced not that long ago that the PC ports sold close to three million copies. But, when you look at it, it's just padding where people buy the games on sale and don't touch them.
I expected much higher numbers considering the demand.
Just hate that a great series is lingering on the edge due to this shit.

>LAD almost got 10k peak
true but yakuza has pretty much been a playstation only series up until recently, with zero's success and the simultaneous multi plat launch of lad I'm not surprised it sold well.

Wouldn't they just make another brawler that isn't judgment?

How about Jojo ga Gotoku?

Yeah, but 0 was already reduced price when it launched. LAD was the true test and that's likely why the PS3 ports happened afterwards and not before.

The creator has left the company. The series has gone on since 2005. It's time. And i say that as someone who has been there since the start.

Attached: FCD4F826-6607-4589-94D1-036D5EF72B3D.png (640x360, 389.65K)

Like a Dragon was a good game, wish there was a game that made it a brawler. Just isn't the same anymore

that would be cool to, I also want a sailor moon one

>And i say that as a 0fag who has been there since the start of the year.

>owning a PS2 and picking up a copy of a sega game now seems far fetched and impossible to the children on Any Forums
it's not fucking Ku-On or rule of rose user stop being a retard.

Anyone who feels the need to justify how long they've been into something is usually a newfag. Sorry, man. That's just how it is.

but not always. My point was to say that i am not just casually tossing out "fuck the series who cares anymore" i have been incredibly invested into it. The only reason i still pick up the games is that i can't leave that town behind, but it really did end with Yakuza 6. Ichiban is great but im not here for 90's turn based combat, i can't KEEP playing those.