Why are there no good mecha games?

Why are there no good mecha games?

Attached: IMG-20220314-WA0000.jpg (1200x1600, 131.27K)

I know bating is a necessary evil to get a thread going but there's plenty of quality mech titles.

Attached: 65979-heavy-gear-ii-linux-other.jpg (800x799, 107.73K)

Armored Core?

Attached: 86.webm (960x540, 2.94M)

>Why are there no g̶o̶o̶d̶ mecha games?
ftfy

Titanfall?

>inb4 titanfall is not mecha

Gundam Evolution looks good enough that Blizzard is sweating over it

>Announced for a global release and western network test
>Blizzard SUDDENLY announces that they apologize for not keeping people updated on OW2
>and that they're overhauling the launch, beta is going out to streamers

ffxiv is a mecha game for a non-important optional mission.

Attached: C34249EF-122F-4590-8E82-BF5CBC1D7454.png (1915x1077, 2.9M)

I really hope gundam breaker 4 happens, but it seems like bamco is still shocked that new breaker bombed so hard despite practically being set up to fail

Gundam Overwatch is going to save the Mecha genre

Xenogears is pretty good.

Attached: 17061540_p0.jpg (700x980, 348.88K)

Yugioh Master Duel is effectively a mecha game

Attached: ZEUS.png (1920x1080, 3.73M)

titanfall is not mecha

nor is it good

Wrong
and Wrong

>only used once
for what purpose?

Baldr Sky is not pure mecha (you're fighting in cyberspace, there are no physical mecha) but it's great

Is the translated Baldr Force still trapped in All-Ages hell? I kinda wanted to play that first since I heard it adds to the experience of Baldr Sky.

because you can't give everybody a fake job for 3 trials, but they decided to make the ruby, saphire, emerald, and diamond weapons into a gundam storyline. ultima weapon being a piloted mech all the way back in 2.0, with alexander and omega also being giant robots.

According to vndb, yes. But I actually prefer that one being all-ages since I heard it has unavoidable NTR (it's avoidable in Baldr Sky if you're not a shitter)

>is not even 50% of the story

Assuming you've read it, would you say that Baldr Sky is more enjoyable having knowledge of Force?

Haven't read through Baldr Force just yet, I'm afraid. What I can vouch for is that Baldr Sky can be enjoyed as a standalone game
But then again so can Nier Automata, but playing through it without having beaten Gestalt/Replicant makes for a worse experience so that doesn't say much

I own a copy, it's not great bro.

So what are some underrated mecha games that I should try?

Cybernator. If you have a bro to play versus mode with you then Metal Warriors too.