Elden Ring Lore Thread

Just what did Gold Mask mean by "perfecting" the Golden Order? Was it binding GW to his will? Was it brainwashing the entirety of the human race? Or was it only brainwashing the leaders of the Golden Order?

Was Marika a cold psychopath who plotted everything behind the scenes? Or did she really love Godwyn and his assassination by Ranni drove her mad?

Attached: 20220323164951_1.jpg (1920x1080, 595.47K)

The lore of this game sucks ass.

Mythologically it lines up with the various Pagan stuff.
But it lines up a lot better with Atlas: It exists to separate the sky from the earth. Which is why the Ays has to land in The Lands Between instead of just rolling down into Midgar.

Attached: What_i_watched_patlabor.jpg (1034x1182, 373.62K)

Why is Malenia so perfect is the better question

Attached: 1648029963746.webm (1120x640, 2.92M)

>Was Marika a cold psychopath who plotted everything behind the scenes? Or did she really love Godwyn and his assassination by Ranni drove her mad?

I think she started having doubts over the whole thing and was spurning on the others to make a move. But Godwyn getting killed was completely unaccounted for, hence why she snapped.

When Marika removed the rune of death, that granted her and her kin complete immortality. Then Ranni stole the rune of death from Maliketh and used it to kill both herself and Godwyn, leading to both of them experiencing unnatural half-deaths and Godwyn's soul being completely destroyed. In the proper order people would die and souls would reincarnate through the tree to be returned as new life. And then Marika completely fucked it up by shattering the Ring completely, and was forced by the Elden Beast to serve as a replacement for the rune of death so there was some semblance of death in existence, but she was flawed and insufficient, resulting in "those who live in death".

Goldmask's T-posing mimics the proper orientation of the true Elden Ring, which is why his mending rune restores the Ring to it's true ringly form. Conversely the mending rune of death encompasses the lower arch of life with the rune of death, leading to a world of undeath.

Attached: Capture.png (668x534, 521.5K)

>Horizontally: Between other lands
>Vertically: Between Outer Gods (Greater Will etc.) and Inner Gods (Frenzied Flame etc.)
>Metaphysically: Between life and death (since the rune of death was stolen)
There you go.

What is the death ending anyways? Does it just let zombies co-exist with humans?

There is literally not a single line in the game that implies that the Elden Ring was shattered AFTER Godwyn's assassination.

>Was it binding GW to his will?
It was perfecting it
>Was it brainwashing the entirety of the human race?
It's aligning humanity to the truth
>Or was it only brainwashing the leaders of the Golden Order?
it was purging inconsistencies from the Golden Order

>Was Marika a cold psychopath who plotted everything behind the scenes?
Goldilocks was Marika's favorite child and he was a momma's boy, her true champion. Marika's children were plotting to overthrow Marika, and they needed to kill Godwyn so she's vulnerable.
>Or did she really love Godwyn and his assassination by Ranni drove her mad?
She loved Godwyn and she shattered the Elden Ring as punishment to the world which Radagon and the GW didn't like.

>Zanzibart lore
Pathetic

Attached: 762B8908-2C73-4B53-86F8-18F280432601.jpg (921x1080, 329.19K)

>Queen Marika was driven to the brink
There's your past tense user. Unless you're somehow implying that Marika going hysterical is a separate plot point somehow that had nothing to do with her shattering the Elden Ring.

>Zanzibart............. forgive me............
What did FROM Software mean by this?

>unironic Twitterfags
Neck yourselves. You don't even deserve a (You).

Here is how the game opens:
>The Elden Ring was shattered
>Now, Queen Marika is nowhere to be found
>And in the Night of the Black Knives, Godwyn the Golden was first to perish
This states the timeline quite clearly to be honest.

>it will embed the principle of life within Death into Order.
Everyone dies but also everyone becomes undead when they die.
We'd need an actual sequel to this ending to know how bad this actually is, but knowing From Soft's love of edge it's almost certainly just going Hollow.

I have 164 hours in this game and I have no idea what these lore threads are talking about.

he's dead in the intro cutscene. stop checking your phone for 5 seconds and you will notice that he is dead. you will also notice that he is referred to as one of the DEAD tarnished being revived just like Gideon, Dung Muncher and (You)
PLEASE learn some self control. stop checking your phone, break the addiction to social media. focus on one thing at a time

Don’t worry, half of what’s discussed in here is fanfiction anyway.

The Rune of Perfect Order doesn't do anything to the GW, the GW is above the Elden Ring. If anything, Goldmask realized that the gods threaten the GWs order and his rune removes them from the equation.

idk

Attached: UR.png (935x879, 1.55M)

Goldmask's rune specifically says it will attempt to perfect the Golden Order. It doesn't brainwash everybody else, just the Golden Order itself.

Because Radagon was split off to be his own being and enforcer. Marika denouncing him was a figure of speech calling him a loyal dog to the Golden Order instead of being his own person.

The reveal wouldn't be so insistent on the twist about "Marika is Radagon" if it wasn't such a big plot point. All the lore surrounding Radagon being a different person makes sense because it's used to hide that fact, hence was it was even treated as a twist in the first place. It's also why Goldmask considers the current Golden Order as being imperfect when Marika and Radagon being one and the same emphasizes the fickleness of their character.

*hence why it was even treated as a twist in the first place

It was just translated poorly. The English script makes little sense when compared to more accurate translations which you see occasionally in these threads

He removed God's from the equation. Before it was
GW + Gods + Elden Lord = Golden Order
Now it's
GW + Elden Lord = Golden Order

Fuck the Patlabor movies. What pretentious garbage. The original OVAs are king.

But what is the Golden Order in this context? Marika and Radagon? The pope? The turtle bishop? The clergy? Their followers?

Do Rogier’s quest loser

the intro does you mong

For those that still don't get it, I'll summize Marika's words we get from Melina at various graces:

>Hark, brave warriors. Hark, my lord Godfrey. We commend your deeds.
>Guidance hath delivered ye through each ordeal, to the place ye stand.
>Put the Giants to the sword, and confine the flame atop the mount.
>Let a new epoch begin. An epoch glistening with life.
>Brandish the Elden Ring, for the Age of the Erd tree!
Where it all started. Shit going good. Erdtree keeping them strong.

>The Erdtree governs all. The choice is thine.
>Become one with the Order. Or divest thyself of it.
>To wallow at the fringes; a powerless upstart.
Again, early on, Marika is the Erdtree's bitch but it makes her forces strong so it's fine.

>I declare mine intent, to search the depths of the Golden Order.
>Through understanding of the proper way, our faith, our grace, is increased.
>Those blissful early days of blind belief are long past.
>My comrades; why must ye falter?
Shit starts going south. Marika starts to question what's wrong and begins realizing the Erdtree's not making them strong anymore.

>My Lord, and thy warriors. I divest each of thee of thy grace.
>With thine eyes dimmed, ye will be driven from the Lands Between. Ye will wage war in a land afar, where ye will live, and die.

>Then, after thy death, I will give back what I once claimed.
>Return to the Lands Between, wage war, and brandish the Elden Ring.
>Grow strong in the face of death. Warriors of my lord. Lord Godfrey.
Marika sets Godfrey up to go out and get stronger so he can come back and retake the Elden Ring from the Erdtree stuff.

>O Radagon, leal hound of the Golden Order.
>Thou'rt yet to become me, thou'rt yet to become a god.
>Let us both be shattered, mine other half
Marika telling Radagon off before she shatters the ring how he is not the one in control here yet.

Attached: 1648038495061.jpg (688x1024, 109.5K)

The Golden Order is specifically the ruling class, so Marika and Radagon, the demigods, the Elden Lord, and their direct servants, military, and such. The church and their followers are a completely different thing that really have nothing to do with them outside of worshipping them.

I refer to this again:

That is just stating two events that happened, not in that order. Rogier says the night of the black knives happened first
>Of the black knives plot. As that famed night of assassination is known. It happened during the Golden Age of the Erdtree, long before the shattering of the Elden Ring
>That was the first recorded Death of a demigod in all history. And it became the catalyst. Soon, the Elden Ring was smashed, and thus sprang forth the war known as the Shattering.

The Church is part of the Golden Order, user.

Gold mask wanted to make accord with myrmidion as his maiden.
He was gonna back stab you soon afterwards and grab the title of Elden lord for himself because you already destabilized the tree so much.

I think the runes are not a creation of the GW, they're some kind of enchantments, and among them are extremely powerful ones that could manipulate even death. They're more powerful even than even the gods, so when we use the Rune of Perfect Order we do so binding the GW (and the rest of the world) to its own set of rules.

That's cool and all but they're not. The Golden Order and the Church of the Golden Order are different in the same way Jesus Christ and the Church of Jesus Christ are different. Corhyn is not part of the Golden Order.

So she sent them away to remove them
From the stasis instilled on the lands through the golden order. When death was removed life became meaningless and they lost will and power. She believed them leaving to live and die
Would make them worthy lords again.