MGS2

Why is it so hated?

Attached: Metalgear2boxart.jpg (265x375, 24.36K)

I still remember a boomer reviewer from the magazine days who didn't like Raiden and he didn't get the "message" as opposed to mgs1 which was according to him was: "If you fuck up nature around you can stick your big plasma TV up your ass."

You're forced to play as a whiny faggot

It's the most "intellectual" game of the series and has an interesting message, but the gameplay/ost/atmosphere isn't as good as others

Attached: 1647186662013.png (491x400, 218.78K)

ah so that the playerbase could more easily relate to

No one "hates" MGS2, you obtuse fuck. It's nowhere near as divisive as MGS4 or V.

>hides a good story/themes behind some of the worst delivery and character(s) in the entire medium of videogames
>has generally good gameplay mixed with absolutely terrible gameplay designed by putting idea notes into a box

It was only hated upon initial release due to the bait and switch. But once people had played it through and sort pieced the message together and realised what was going on its pretty much been held in high regard ever since.

I hated it until I played MGS4 because I played it when I was 10 and 11. Everything was way over my head and I was incredibly frustrated over the Patriots.

Ocelot talks to them but they could be AIs like the Colonel, however Liquid seems to believe that they have a physical location. President Johnson believes they are a group of people that all have names. Solidus also believes they are multiple real living people.
...then Otacon tells Snake that all the names on the list he found were long dead. It made no sense to me at the time, it still kinda doesn't but at least I understand their intentions behind Raiden and all the reality-bending moments that mostly echo MGS1.

Once I learned the Patriots were just the radio support team from MGS3, including Big Boss, it was really lame. Made me appreciate it.

most people just wanted fun sneaky game with cutscenes and they got a game that fucked with the player at every turn.
mgs3 was a good compromise with enough fun sneaky action for the people who wanted just that and enough fuckery toward the player for the people who liked that part of mgs2.

>mgs3 was a good compromise with enough fun sneaky action

It's fucking MGS2, but with ten times more menu crawling.

The Patriots had to be real in some sense as they'd kidnapped Olga's child

>Larger environments
>Better guard mechanics
>No retarded bug spraying

They were also holding Rose captive.

Every single level is "that level". Also all the characters are shit and the story is tedious until le epic meta twist.

>WHERE'S MY HECKING SNAKKKKKKE

Attached: soy monkey.webm (720x720, 2.93M)

3>1>5>PW>4>2

that's the best one

When it came out I was upset that you didn't play as Snake. I recognize it as the best MGS game when the HD collection was released, and I was old enough to appreciate the game.

Anyone with any taste actually understands that this is the best in the series

>>WHERE'S MY HECKING SNAKKKKKKE
memes aside, how is this an actual complaint against the game?
>tanker
>extra missions
>vr mission
>snake tales