Roggan

Roggan.

Attached: AgeOfEmpires.jpg (805x604, 166.54K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bazrtsXfcZQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

My father bought this game for himself when i was 3 and we always played it together.
I vividly remember the first game he played, he had no idea what was going on or what he was supposed to do and then got killed by Clubmen. Good times.

Wololo!

Attached: wololooooooo.gif (170x170, 8.24K)

Such a great soundtrack, fuck
youtube.com/watch?v=bazrtsXfcZQ

A0E1's colour scheme is crystalized nostalgia.

>Managed to enjoy AOE1, 2, 3 and Mythology vanilla
Are AEO4 and the DE good?

Wololo

Attached: 1642783470315.jpg (375x359, 24.83K)

inb4 whining about newer rts and then wondering why no one makes games for an impossible to please niche audience

Are there new rts games?
I just play AoE2 DE

You must be a child or you're just forgetful. RTSs were mainstream back then. Every normie played AoE. The gaming industry's decline has nothing to do with any "audience", it's about corporate greed.

DE I just polished AoE2 with more civs and update support. I haven't tried 4 because it doesn't look appealing to me, but I also didn't like 3, so it might be worth a try if you enjoyed 3.

AoE4

solitaire is not age of empires and hardly anyone owned a home computer

Mostly because the games that were made are endlessly replayable and nothing new comes close since they're always cutting the content to 1/3 of what it is for older games like AoE2, SC and WC3

I mean why play AoE4 if 2 exists and does almost everything 'better'?

OOBAKA

More like it's impossible to improve on perfection, aka AoE2.

Hummus

AOMEE has a few qol adds but unless you REALLY like chinese mythology dont bother
AOE1 and 2 DE have some campaign scenario changes and a bit of QOL. I'd skip 1 though, pathfinding is the same atrocious thing. Extra campaigns in 2 are worth playing imo.
Idk about 3 or 4.

I agree about the normies and RTS. I think anyone that grew up on AoE in general has a relatively normie life. As in isn't a complete mentally ill neet at least. Anyone else see that?

AoE2 DE had a rough start but I can confidently say its even better than AoE2 now. Definitely worth a buy.

>I wasn't there
We can tell. Dude AoE wasn't the fucking 80s. By the 2000s everyone had home computers even if they didn't really use them to game a whole lot. That being said I was rather poor and still had a computer as did all my friends. Or do you think Command and Conquer, Starcraft, Warcraft and AoE were all Mandela effected into existence?

yeeOWWWUGH