With CDPR admitting their incompetence and returning to Unreal...

With CDPR admitting their incompetence and returning to Unreal, it had me wondering why aren't more high profile developers taking the Unity pill. Is it that much worse than Unreal Engine? The most successful video game in the past 5 years (Genshin Impact) was made in Unity so it can't be that bad!

Attached: 9u1h.jpg (866x650, 29.82K)

as a unity fag i don't give a damn, but unreal is better to get the "unreal experience" out of the box with minimal tweaks. in the other hand, unity is more like a blank canvas and is easier to get better performance from simple games but not good one from complex ones.
other important thing is that the unreal source code is available for everyone too.

Mihoyo modified Unity for Genshin to the point where it can hardly be considered Unity
I wouldn't be surprised if they're working on a new engine for the game to run on because they're only at 3/7 kingdoms and the game is already struggling with how large the world is

No access to the source code.

Who gives a shit?

you can have access to the source code in unity

Epic probably offers better support and partnership than Unity would ever be capable of providing so that's probably why studios will go to them.

Hi I'm Who and yes I do.

I don't give a shit on what shit runs are you all stupid or some shit, just like, play the damn games or FUCK OFF

You literally write your own source code in unity, tf are you taking about

Unity is shit, apparently you have to add code to it to get the games running, that's a lot of work you don't want to do

Engine source and game specific code are two different things.

The source code of the engine itself. Epic gives access to Unreal Engine's source code on GitHub for free.

No shit you have to add code to it, what tf do you guys think game coders do? They write source code

>you have to pay for a big business license to download the engine's source code

Meanwhile I just compiled Unreal Engine 5 from source and I didn't have to pay a dime.

no for a 10% if you company make at least 1 million which is pretty good

Why would you waste hours compiling from scratch? I doubt the game you're making is so complex you needed to modify the engine.

la wea

Unity is shit
I will never work with unity projects ever again not worth the amount of headaches you have to deal with this pile of shit over unreal or other engines

Unity runs like shit.

Pixel art games racking up CPU and GPU usage like a motherfucker.

Meanwhile World of Warcraft maxed out using directX12 runs flawlessly consuming half of what Unity uses.

Unity auto-crashes on Linux when I try to start it up and I can't get my hands on the source code to try and fix it. :(

So much shit was on Unreal engine last gen that if you want to hire you are probably gonna hire someone with Unreal experience. And at that point you can either train them on different tech or just throw in the towel and use Unreal.

That is probably what happened to CDPR, a lot of people left after the CP2077 shitshow and diversity hire initiative and they are hiring Unrealfags to replace them.