Nintendo’s Dragalia Lost shutting down

Thoughts?

Attached: 2460E290-26C3-4ABD-A477-78533A4ADFAC.jpg (680x716, 428.07K)

the vidya butts gacha won

Everytime I turned around this game was ass blasting you with 100 free pulls. 300 one time.

Can't be profitable.

>it's just now going to shutdown
I figured it was already dead

We had several threads on it, most people already expected it because the game has been veering into garbage every since it came out between pointless shit like the BR sidemode and how much you have to play to keep up with shit vs what most people will actually do. Its a good reason to not invest into gachas because all of the value in them will only exist if they're alive

Sad. I played from day one to whatever the bosses after Agito were. I just wanted it to be a real game on Switch instead.

looked pretty bad honestly, was it decent gameplay wise at least or just another mindless gacha?

It quite honestly was too much of a game for mobile. More than using money for pulls (The game showered you with free pulls.) you needed to grind for gear, but other than that you actually needed to learn the boss fights and be able to execute things well. More than that, you needed to rely on three other people who also were skilled enough while only able to communicate through little sticker pop-up messages. It was totally opposite of the money sink auto battle games people expect in their phones.

so it was like an arpg splatoon? interesting

However, because of some of these things people would insta drop multiplayer lobbies if anybody didn't have the acceptable power level and units for things, since it was hard to trust people otherwise and you can't kick others. Dunno if they addressed this, also not that user I only played for like 2 months before I stopped

Shironekochads... I kneel

>Nintendo's
It's at most their abortion. They killed it before it even had a chance to thrive.

Dragalia... Lost?..

I quit years ago and only spent $8 on it. but I feel bad for all the morons who waste a bunch of money on gacha when the game will eventually be shut down for good, even though they kind of deserve it.

game was fucking 10-tiered grindfest when I tried it and everytime they “fixed” the grind they ended up adding a different grind instead and endgame was just praying to god you built one of the 5 “usable” characters for whatever dumb fight you had to do. At one point they actually figured out how to have variety in your teams but again they couldn’t help themselves and had to readjust a buncha shit to fix some other idiotic balancing decision they had.

It was painful because when the game “worked” it was kinda cool but the grind and stupid fucking design choices prevented it from being appealing to almost anyone. Glad I never actually stuck with it longterm.
Yeah, free rolls for characters you had to spend months getting the proper equipment grinded out for. Where’s the joy in getting a new character when you have to mindless farm shit so they can be usable?

Attached: B20EE69E-2096-4866-AB97-F5548CB79EA9.jpg (1125x1765, 387.29K)

for a touch screen action game I thought the gameplay was decently fun, but my problem with it was it was either braindead easy and you were just mindlessly grinding and doing the daily objectives, or it was too hard and you had to grind for the necessary gear to do certain battles, and had to depend on teammates not dying. there was rarely anything in between for me to truly enjoy it.

AAAAHAHAHA

Weren't there people celebrating the 3 and a half anni for the game?

Was the game ever even released in Europe?

In my time with it, I think about 2.5 years, they never resolved that. It was too much of a time investment to let undergeared players join, but you really couldn't tell who knew or had what. It had high production values and gameplay standards but not the structure or platform to support it. I think it could have become a legitimate ARPG mainstay for Nintendo systems if they had taken a chance and made a retail game out of it.

The game and ip were wasted on mobile. They could make a bunch of shit on switch from the designs alone, nevermind the merch.

ngl im quite glad i didnt even touched this shit, but i'd give it a whirl if they just converted the game to a non-gacha model (remove unecessary grinding and pull mechanics, replace with quests or some shit) and put it on switch

I am sad. Once you actually got into the endgame stuff Dragalia was actually pretty fun. It felt the closest to a “real” video game out of all of Nintendo’s mobile offerings, and now it’s hard to care about anything in it with the knowledge that death is eminent.

This

Game could have done well with a switch release and not being gacha shit.

Top lel.

That's every gatcha model. No point ever spending money on them.

>thoughts
I rather not. Let me consoom