Is the point just to be as tedious as possible?

I've tried getting into mega man, I'm trying to play mega man x right now. These feel like some of the most tedious games I have ever played. not saying there's anything wrong with it or how it's difficult, just an observation. It feels like every single step in the level was designed to be perfectly inconvenient and fuck you over unless you memorize it. going for a jump? there's a dedicated enemy that spawns offscreen midjump to hit you off the screen. take a step back to avoid an enemy? move two steps forward again and a new enemy spawns that runs at you and you can't dodge it. feels like the games were designed to be as annoying as fuck. I still like them for the boss fight designs, music, graphics etc. I like them in general. But certain areas stick out as ridiculous. at this point I defeated all the robot dudes and now I'm doing the extra level afterwards and there's a stupid fucking vertical corridor you're supposed to have frame perfect walljumps on, meanwhile there are enemies spawning above you endlessly and if you slide like three feet down they just respawn again. Every bit just feels like "that part" in a normal game.

Attached: megamanx.png (256x189, 101.38K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yl6QM4hUft8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

What are you going on about user
It's mega man x, not an exaggerated webcomic of dark souls difficulty

Exactly, wtf is OP even talking about?

dark souls is a lot easier than this game

Psst, OP, you're actually right, but this is magic internet land where no one can appear "weak".

Dude it's megaman, it's like known for being an easy baby game. idk what youre talking about

that being said this is literally my favorite game of all time. As far as unfair bullshit goes, this entry doesnt have that much of it. 90% of the time your blastin guys having fun

Attached: 1639456026770m.jpg (543x1024, 91.65K)

Maybe I've played it way too much, but I think the game's a cakewalk. Enemies are way more generous about dropping recovery stuff than X2 and X3, you have FOUR energy tanks, and the body armor upgrade makes most enemies only do like two pieces of your thirty-two piece health bar tops.

And the only truly difficult boss to fight with only your buster is Spark Mandrill. Even worse if you try fighting him without the dash upgrade.

Every time I've played a mega man game I performed better by just going as fast as possible.

I dont think I have any of that stuff lol. Should I go replay some levels? I must have missed alot. All I picked up was a pink heart shaped tank and that's it

This game isn't remotely unfair in the manner that you describe. Try playing any variant of ghosts 'n' goblins or ninja gaiden if you want memorization or broken enemies respawning infinitely (the latter game is actually unintentionally hard due to programing errors).

If anything, MMX's problem is that you can kill enemies so quickly, you won't even know how half of them attack. Play Revenge of Shinobi if you really want to see cheap enemy spawning.

I don't think it's unfair to the point of being unfun I just think parts of it are kinda more trial and error than the average game. But the hardest part for me is the sigma state I guess it's called and there's a giant corridor you need to wall jump up. Seriously if you don't know what I'm talking about, watch a video of the stage, unless I'm missing something it's pretty fucking brutal with shit respawning over and over.

it's only rough if you buster only. just charge chameleon sting.

Enemy respawns are pretty obnoxious in this series sometimes but the first Megaman Zero is the only one that I'd say is close to unbearable with it.

Once you get Storm Eagles weapon you can one shot all trash mobs.

Just use Chameleon's invincibility or Armadillo's shield, it's what everyone else does

Literally the only unfair thing in MMX1 is the last form of Sigma. He's ridiculous but the rest of the game is great.

You have a life bar. It's okay to get hit. That being said, maybe you just suck at games if you think this shit is "undodgeable."

His dog is also kind of obnoxious if you actually fight it and not just one shot it with the Hadoken.

Just burn it with Flamethrower.

used to play X when I was a kid, one of my fav games of all time. Get good OP

I think I just played the game too fast because I saw vids of some doods playing the last level and they literally have 3x my health and a different suit. I'm just gonna go back and see what I can find. also I see what you guys are saying about the shield moves, not gonna complain too much but there's almost no visual cues or anything that lets on to the fact you can charge a normal shot for a long time and then it activates. I'm sure it tells you when you first get it but still.

see

>Designed around wall jumping off platforms to make it onto platforms instead of just jumping onto platforms
>Health bar starts at half size, have to EARN a normal sized health bar by finding hidden shit
>Energy tanks can't be used right away, have to actively farm health drops at full health
>Weapons have secondary function, but the game never tells you this
I beat the Yellow Devil without using the pause trick, but this game is bullshit.

Is this your first video game?

>there's almost no visual cues or anything that lets on to the fact you can charge a normal shot for a long time and then it activates. I'm sure it tells you when you first get it but still.
Are you serious? Literally the opening highway level teaches you this intuitively by introducing enemies vulnerable to charge shots and then straight up showing Zero shooting one. Do you need Ubisoft tutorials?

Never stop shooting and dashing.

Maybe this video will make you feel better OP
youtube.com/watch?v=yl6QM4hUft8

Can't believe you gotta earn stuff instead of it just being handed to you in the beginning.

Game sucks.

That post says nothing. Hidden

>at this point I defeated all the robot dudes and now I'm doing the extra level afterwards and there's a stupid fucking vertical corridor you're supposed to have frame perfect walljumps on, meanwhile there are enemies spawning above you endlessly and if you slide like three feet down they just respawn again.
Do you have the arm upgrade? Use your charged sting chameleon weapon and you'll be invincible from enemy attacks.

I honestly don't remember a vertical corridor. It's been 6 years since I last replayed MMX, but my advice should help you out at least.

Attached: 1622334214034.png (764x536, 57.83K)