Autistic games

Whats the appeal of games that require a walking encyclopedia to play correctly? I am talking about Noita,Dwarf fortress,Amazing cultivator Simulator,Elona,that sort of game where you need the wiki tab open while you play to figure out how everything works

Attached: 6c338ef56010d630fa2151626899534916845b6ca74240779fd24f87f18df8d5.jpg (1600x740, 244.67K)

It's fun

Factorio, Satisfactory, Minecraft, Terraria, all pretty much autistic games but I love them all.

because if you can figure the games out, they offer you an incredible experience no other game can.

You just fuck around in them until something really flummoxes you and then spend 30 seconds reading about it. Learning is fun.

Believe it or not, but you don't actually need to 100% every game you play, so you can instead, and this will blow your mind, play the game blind and FIGURE OUT how to beat it yourself.
Once you feel like you're done, you can look up shit if you care. Or you can just look it up before playing, play how you want to.

you don't have to read the wiki for noita, in fact you shouldn't do so until you've actually beaten the game once
Noita is fun because when you get better at the game and more powerful during a run, it's organic. You're not getting stat increases or level ups, most of what getting good at noita is, is knowledge and experience. So that's fun, even though you have to spend dozens of hours suffering first.

Attached: noita-20220214-210440-2126306364-00206285.webm (960x540, 2.95M)

this, i've never used the wiki, there's a huge learning curve with learning spells and how they work with delay and other shit but it's really fun to figure out and once you do know, it's really easy to get a run going, my success rate is like 80% now and I almost always do long runs

SSeth doesn't care about you user, let him go

based homing summon rock enjoyer

yeah I would definitely recommend new players read up on wandbuilding and stuff, because there's really no way to learn beyond trial and error
but otherwise the difficulty is overstated I think, people just expect to be able to be good at the game within one or two runs

Attached: noita-20220214-221253-2126306364-00443255.webm (960x540, 2.93M)

This is 100% unironic just as a preface.
I prefer things that are more mechanically complex like modded minecraft, factorio, noita, or even doing Easter eggs for cod zombies (B02 and 3). I prefer them because they require thought and energy to play correctly.
Playing compelx games that requires you to learn how to play them also requires a higher level of intelligence and critical thinking. Liking games "because their simple" requires less intelligence and thought.
Objectively, the simpler games you enjoy, the less intelligent you are because you're not willing to learn.

Complex things are objectively better than simple things and if you like complicated things you are objectively a better person than someone who just wants it easy.

the only time you should be using the wiki is when you're playing an mmo like runescape where its impossible to keep up. you shouldn't be neutering your experience in vidya because walkthroughs on the internet exist. but if thats how you think then i dont know what else to say

idk I like games like Dorf Fort and Cogmind but I just can't get into games like Noita or Terraria

I'd question this
You don't NEED a wiki to play Noita, a lot of its basics are fairly simple. its most of its secret content that you might need help with
You don't NEED a wiki to play Dorf Fort. You need third party tools to play Dorf Fort, maybe a couple of tutorials.
You don't NEED a wiki to play Amazing Cultivation Simulator. IT HAS ONE BUILT IN.
You don't NEED a wiki to pay Elona, you need a better translation.

I stopped using that combo when I died twice to swap mages + some poly liquid around him

It's a shit game. I beat it once and then it became obvious how much bullshit the game expects you to learn to find all the gay shit in this game.

I can understand why a NEET or extremely poor person would enjoy it though but this game is on the same level as people who like trains and make their own mini railroad setups.

wandlet

>Complex things are objectively better than simple things and if you like complicated things you are objectively a better person than someone who just wants it easy.
>tfw i prefer simple games where you just start and slash/shoot things in short order,like daggerfall,doom,diablo 1
fuck

Attached: 1631666369229.jpg (347x384, 13.21K)

To actually get good golden cores you need to know where to get the right materials that would take hundreds of hours ending your displces everywhere multiple times

Hundreds of hours playing a game, why would anyone do this when you can just look up exactly how to do it?
I let my big brother play me past the hard parts

That dipwad was too scared to name a game they thought was "simple" because they'd only be exposing themselves as getting absolutely filtered by something they didn't understand.
Play what makes you happy.

Noita would be fun if it had twin stick controls. Who the fuck wants to play a sidescroller with a keyboard and mouse?

Attached: 1439489752111.png (533x526, 352.27K)

You don't need an encyclopedia
In fact if you are a newfag zoomer you will use one, you will get blown up anyway and then go shitpost in noita threads like every single time

Simple being vanilla minecraft, any Sony first party title, honestly MOST AAA titles. Anything that is 3rd person over the shoulder cinematic heavy with lite rpg elements literally gives you a lower IQ for enjoying it.

>where you need the wiki tab open while you play to figure out how everything works
this is why it sucks for you. Games like this are about exploration and experimentation, if you use a guide you rob yourself of 99% of the joy. Only use a guide after you beat it

what if you never manage to beat it?