How come everyone i meet on this game is this "being avoidant and socially anxious is my entire personality" type of...

how come everyone i meet on this game is this "being avoidant and socially anxious is my entire personality" type of person

ironically this makes them super toxic people themselves because they just silently cut and run at the slightest issue and leave a ton of confusion in their wake

Attached: logo.png (1280x833, 1.22M)

>Oh no this person dropped... I'm so confused!!

If they were the social type, they wouldn't be sitting home playing an MMO.

>MMO player
>socially anxious
pick both

>massively
>multiplayer
>online

>antisocial

???

how did we get here

i'm gonna go with 'i never talked to anyone in the game, why is no one talking to me :('

How did we get where? Sitting alone in a dark room hugging your autismbox being considered social somehow? Yeah, it's a mystery.

You're completely right and everyone on that game is a social mess, but the SE draconian rules and what constitutes as harassment probably doesn't encourage any interaction outside the most neutered responses possible.

it's an mmo in the modern era user, what do you expect? there's no social aspect, they're designed to literally be single player games you can just queue with strangers in and never have to talk.
and i hear ff14 talking is just detrimental because you can get banned for telling someone to stop doing something thats fucking your party up or whatever so its better to just say fucking nothing.
look at lost ark that just launched, its the same shit, next to no motherfucker talks, explaining mechanics gets met with hostility, mmos are catering to the wrong type of people for them to ever be what they used to be.

>everyone on that game is a social mess
yeah but why, how did it happen

because you can be banned for saying anything even slightly critical to another player. will you be banned everytime you do it? no, but it has happened to enough people that everyone understands you just don't say shit and bounce.

The entire reason FF14 blew up is because it required less social interaction than other MMOs on the market.

>i hear ff14 talking is just detrimental because you can get banned for telling someone to stop doing something thats fucking your party up or whatever
Congratulations, you ate the bait, hook, line, and sinker. Almost ate the trawler laying its lines too.

>join any FC on FF14
>it's like 25 basedboys and 5 chicks
>every single conversation is the absolute most banal "Hi, how are you ^_^ XD"
>anything spicier than mayo gets you completely ostracized
I'll never forget the meltdown this one dude had because I posted one of those dime-a-dozen "lul dragoon" meme videos and everyone ganging up on me for it

How on earth do you manage to find such boring people in a game that has player-run, gm-sanctioned brothels?

There's an epidemic of humorless people online lately. I'm not sure where they're coming from. They're almost always XIV players and/or OfflineTV fans though. Like you said it's as if anything that isn't 101% positive is toxic to them and despite being terminally online they cannot detect sarcasm in text no matter how obvious you make it.

because he's a normie but he doesn't think he is

>because you can be banned for saying anything even slightly critical to another player
No, you can't. Just don't be a fucking sperg about it.
They read the logs every time someone is reported, and they ask people to paste the logs into the report as well to catch out any falseness.

ARR was near perfect for this because people weren't insular yet and actually made linkshells. As an XI player I've always liked linkshells more since you can just pop into whatever kind of chat you want to be in and aren't locked to a "community" that FC's turned into. Sadly, at least for me, a lot of those kinds of linkshells died out by HW and now only CWLS exist for call outs or matchmaking. no more just social aspect at least in my experience.

Play on Balmung, I socialize with strangers every day, and while I do meet bitches every once in a while, mostly everyone is cool and likes to joke.

Give a solid example to what you mean.