TIM EPIC, FIX YOUR SHITTY STUTTERING ENGINE

twitter.com/Dachsjaeger/status/1506261934437449729

TIM EPIC, FIX YOUR SHITTY STUTTERING ENGINE

Attached: FOdQV0mXMAg0pp6.jpg (3840x2160, 1.54M)

Blame the devs for refusing to put a shader precompile on the game

the engine is open source,fix it yourself :^)

unreal has had this issue for years and for some reason people are just noticing now
stalker 2 and witcher 4 are also on this shit engine so prepare for stutter

AHHHH IT WAS 56 FPS FOR ONE SECOND I'M GOING INSANEEEEEE

I'm so fucking sick of UE, every fucking UE4 game has had this same fucking issue for like 6 fucking years and it's never going to be fixed.
Look at the frametime graph you fucking moron, 80+ ms isn't 56 FPS you fucking smoothbrained fucktard.

so they fixed it until that dude got to the second playthrough? based devs

I get why the stutters occur, but I don't get why the issue started happening in the first place?
From my understanding, DX11 help dev's hands in regard to shaders, and DX12 is hands-off. But why is DX12 hands off?

Attached: 1571983719812.jpg (970x850, 97.39K)

With unreal it's just the engine itself. It had the same problems back since ue3 and dx9.

perfect tools does not a good artist make

oh no no... is that... like two frames that took 80ms? literally unplayable

You have to clear the game to get more frames?

but then i have to wait to consoooooooooooooooom!!!!!!!

When this game first got revealed I was hoping it would be something kinda like The Secret World but a little spookier, then the later gameplay trailers dropped a year later and holy fuck did it look like shit.

Attached: endme.jpg (663x579, 38.65K)

japs can't make fps

it forces shaders to be representable in a standard format, providing a uniform precompilation target, which also reduces the runtime cost of shader compilation
SPIR-V to GPU ISA compilation is not why the stutters are occurring and it was much more costly beforehand when it was source code to GPU ISA
plus DX12 and vulkan let you write compiled shaders and the entire rendering pipeline to disk, so even if the stutters were caused by this it should only happen the first time

now what it probably is is the fact that the rendering abstractions of pre-modern graphics API engines are built around dynamic state while the new APIs (or at least vulkan) are built around static state and fuckwitted programmers are so far abstracted from the actually rendering that even if they knew how to actually optimize for the new architectures they'd struggle with the engine getting in their way
unreal and unity need to be trashed and replaced
only shit that's specifically designed and targeted towards the new APIs and only the new APIs is going to get everything out of them

Mikami lost his touch a long time ago.

The last game Mikami directed was actually TEW. It doesn't appear like he was involved in the creative process in any way, shape or form for Ghostwire. I actually liked TEW2 and thought GW would be like a FPS version of that, but it turns out the the entire game seems like a super bland "Ubisoft" open world experience from start to finish with collectibles up the ass and a map filled to the brim with meaningless icons. Hard pass from me.

how come emulators like RPCS3 have a-sync shader compilation and Unreal doesn't?

Been wondering this myself too, why isn't shit like that built within the engine already?
It's clear most game devs are retarded but you'd think the engine devs would have implemented something to fix that themselves in the engine.