Swing weapon 500% slower for 20% more damage

>swing weapon 500% slower for 20% more damage

Why does Fromsoft hate strength weapons?

Attached: giant-crusher-colossal-weapon-elden-ring-wiki-guide-200px.png (200x200, 9.8K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yAbpiwhR0sg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

the backswing on these is fucking cancer, standing vulnerable for a second after every swing ready to die is fucked up.

The point of big weapons is their massive stagger power. You're supposed to just constantly spam jump + R2. It works really well for 90% of the game.

It's not Fromsoft's fault players are low IQ mongoloids. The main trait of basic intelligence is solving problems, so when your solution to a problem of fast moving boss or enemy is to use the slowest possible tool for the job, you're a literal retard.

You can't even stop the animation and sometimes it just keeps doing combos without you pressing anything, I went back to using greatspears.

sounds really stupid and boring user

>determination
>swing or jump attack
>one hit kill

You can do the same thing with a katana for the exact same stagger and half the cooldown

They are way worse at balancing magic

Correct. Elden Ring is stupid and boring.

in other words, they didn't adjust their game to allow for multiple playstyles so they just slapped on the bell summons

It's good for PvE though.

>stupid and boring
welcome to STR builds

>2-hit kill dragons
>WHAT THE FUCK WHY IS STRENGTH SO SHIT GOD FROM HATES ME ITS SO HARD HELP NOOO

>Katana weapons are faster
>good range, good movesets
>weapon arts that just one shot people in PvP
>bleed

The issue is that fast dex weapons can do the same shit but better. It would be one thing for STR weapons to just be impractical but deal insane damage if you manage to connect an attack but they don't even deal that much damage. And riposting bosses once staggered does so little damage that you're better off just spamming charged R2s once they're on the ground.

le filtered filtered XD
skill required ahead XD

incantations seem way better in elden ring than miracles were in previous souls games. I do still miss true sunlight blade and darkmoon blade from ds1, though.

>jump attack oneshots everyone

Wow, I can oneshot regular mobs with an S scaling strenght weapon? From better nerf that shit quick. If not every single player in PvE and PvP uses a Katana then clearly something went wrong.

>regular mobs
I was thinking more about other players.

you are a brain damaged retard

Single player games are about finding solutions to problems, not balance. Whining about slow weapon not being viable in elden ring is like whining that shield turtling isn't viable in bloodborne, or not using parrying and counters is viable in sekiro.

Hit a nerve there my low IQ friend?

you are a brain damaged retard

What's a good str/fth build for giant crusher? Going to 60 str and 30 fth means either not lvling mind, end, or vig more than 25/25/40 but I still feel like that's the best compromise. It still doesn't seem to one shot enemies once you get into mountaintop of the giants and further tho

That seems like a bit of a stretch. Why should a jumping strong attack have better damage, better stagger, and similar recovery to the light attack?

And if this chart is to be believed, the Brick Hammer, which is twice if not three times as fast, has very similar stagger and only 135 or so less AR at +25 heavy infused with 55 STR.

Spamming jump R2s seems more of a consequence of light and heavy attacks having incredibly poor speed, range, and recovery rather than an intended gameplay feature.

I know you sacrifice raw DPS for stagger power to get massive ripostes or stunlock chains, but it's not particularly enjoyable for your only viable attack to be a silly jump slam when faster weapons can stagger just as good if not better. Meteroic Ore Blade's double ichimonji R2 comes to mind, it's quick, it's powerful, and it staggers in just a few hits, with decent recovery on top of it.

Attached: Stance Damage.png (1257x414, 270.14K)

This and Glintblade Phalanx (which is given for free with +8 rapier) is stronger though. You can stancebreak Malenia in 3 to 4 casts without getting close or even looking at her.

Blood borne makes it clear that you shouldn’t use shields but not fucking giving them to you. Every weapon in blood borne was viable. You think from put ultra greats words in the game just to trick people into using them?

This is the Viking fromsoft game, you can't blame people for wanting to use a big hammer or axe. Instead, this somehow became the katana game and whenever I put my someone sign down it's in my experience that there's a 80%+ chance that the host is using the red katana.
With that being said, a lot of str=bad whiners would have all their problems fixed with a greatshield, bloodhound step, or by powerstancing but their unga bunga minds hate adapting to those play styles I guess.

I don't know what you're smoking that you think STR weapons one shot people with jump attacks. Maybe half health. You get oneshot if you don't invest any points into vitality. The moonveil weapon art does more damage than my jump attacks and it comes out way quicker.

they one shot people at low levels because no one invests into health at that point yet

I run a +10 STR weapon with A scaling on a level 55 PvP build and I definitely don't oneshot anyone with jumping attacks.

Link for the weapon chart?

Stagger doesn't do shit in PvP.

strength weapons are great.
just not these colossal memes.

works for prod
youtube.com/watch?v=yAbpiwhR0sg

>I don't know what you're smoking
Scrubs.

Attached: 1642097040376.webm (1280x720, 2.11M)

Why? He is right.