Nintendo has tasked you to come up with a new gimmick for the Switch's successor. What do you propose it should be?

Nintendo has tasked you to come up with a new gimmick for the Switch's successor. What do you propose it should be?

Attached: 61-PblYntsL._AC_SL1500_.jpg (1500x1080, 117.34K)

The switch but in 4K docked and the controllers don’t malfunction

Overpriced Nintendo-brand resistance bands for Ringfit 2

Wiirtual Boy

Attached: mario wahoo.png (620x818, 63.63K)

it's pocket sized when folded, uses a foldable OLED screen to have a large tablet sized screen to play on. I just hate that the switch doesn't actually fit in a pocket

I dunno about you dude, but carrying consoles on inside your pocket has always been uncomfortable to me. If it's inside a pocket in my pants, it will either bulge out, or would just sag. If it's inside a pocket of a jacket or sweater, I have to keep my hand on it to avoid it suddenly slipping out.

And if you care about keeping it in good condition, you end up slowly wearing it as time goes on just by moving.

It automatically malds most of the board

Perhaps segment the home console and handheld offerings once more. The home console can maintain relatively decent specs for 3rd parties while advancing the Joy-con's haptic tech with further supplements. The mobile offering can be either a dedicated handheld console that uses bendable screens with flex sensors to deliver new novelties or it could even be a foldable phone that connects to the home console using the same dedicated chip/hardware/software that allowed for the Wii U Gamepad's tremendously low latency, affording quality dual screen experiences, asynchronous multiplayer, and other possible experiences. Additionally, if the handheld is a phone, console notifications can be pushed to the phone wherever you go. With the phone/portable acting as a controller, you can even use it for headsets and chat. Maybe the mobile console could be powerful enough to run the console games in a lower fidelity mode that adopts the portable aspect of the Switch experience for certain games or it games could be supplemented with mobile/portable software/partner titles with heavy integration but their own unique experiences.

The gimmick would be that there's no gimmick.

GBC era and things like the DS Lite and GBA SP were good for pocketable hardware. Very compact and durable. Surface protection is also decently easy to get a hold of by way of a skin/polycarbonate layer and a screen protector. Clamshells take care of the most important bits.

I have a pet theory that Nintendo is imvesting heavily in VR as the next console gimmick. They've already tried it in the past with the virtual boy and I think they're going to try to recapture the Wii zeitgeist with a VR console. I think the switch will stick around for a decade or more with continually updated versions like the GB-GBC-GBA and the DS-DSi-3DS

Attached: 3667CA88-9A3A-4208-9C17-4A39DC59C0E5.png (750x1334, 3.01M)

That honestly sounds cool as shit. I'm down for some Nintendo VR games.

Working joycons

With game development becoming so segmented, like Xbox games being able to target hardware configurations with varying levels of power, it would be interesting to see Nintendo move back to a console/handheld split but give them the same software. Nvidia could scale up a handheld design to be able to run the same games but at higher resolutions in its more powerful console design. Could even segment the hardware into three different configurations, handheld only that's low power targeting 720p, hybrid that's low power when handheld and medium power when docked targeting 1080p, and console that's high power targeting 4k. At the moment Nintendo does have both handheld only and hybrid segments (as well as console-only designs lurking in a lab somewhere) but they're all utilizing the same hardware.

>Implying the switch will have a succesor.

it self destructs once it detects the user is older than 15 years old

Hire a little Japanese man to work the gears inside the Switch. Also its up to the owner to feed and walk him every so often.

Would not be the first time, and it would also not surprise me if Nintendo took a look at Astro Rescue Mission and said, “why cant we do that?”

AR not VR

The more you protect that shit, the bulkier it gets. At that point, might as well just have it in a proper case and carry it around in a bag or a backpack.

3DS already did it IN 3D

Attached: iu-14.jpg (960x540, 54.82K)

Clamshell, skin, and screen protector. That's basically all you need. Take a dig around for Iwata's request to engineers to make it so that the DS could withstand being dropped from around 5 feet/a breast pocket in height.