Will this be the final nail in the 'real scale space exploration game' genre?

Will this be the final nail in the 'real scale space exploration game' genre?

Attached: unnamed.jpg (900x900, 89.71K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/1MOfi5PasP8?t=413
youtu.be/ZckURooerc0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

no because it will never come out so nobody will care that it's worthless

SCAM SHITIZEN SCAM SHITIZEN SCAM SHITIZEN SCAM SHITIZEN SCAM SHITIZEN SCAM SHITIZEN SCAM SHITIZEN SCAM SHITIZEN SCAM SHITIZEN SCAM SHITIZEN SCAM SHITIZEN SCAM SHITIZEN SCAM SHITIZEN SCAM SHITIZEN SCAM SHITIZEN SCAM SHITIZEN SCAM SHITIZEN SCAM SHITIZEN SCAM SHITIZEN SCAM SHITIZEN SCAM SHITIZEN SCAM SHITIZEN SCAM SHITIZEN SCAM SHITIZEN SCAM SHITIZEN SCAM SHITIZEN SCAM SHITIZEN SCAM SHITIZEN SCAM SHITIZEN SCAM SHITIZEN

Attached: SCAM SHITIZEN.png (785x396, 30.34K)

Star Citizen is immersive sim kino and will never run out of money. You fags have been talking about it going bankrupt for 10 years now. Sad!
seethe

Doesn't matter if it never comes out, it will be the one reference to any promise of such a game in the future, and all their showcase videos along development were enough to prove that making space games fun is beyond the grasp of a developer with literal hundreds of millions of dollars.

Dude it has Deus Ex-like systems and mission design. If that's not fun enough for you, consider yourself a pleb and admit you got filtered.
youtu.be/1MOfi5PasP8?t=413

Attached: what a horrible night to be you.png (256x192, 3.05K)

Whats happened now?

I think they are just waiting for 3.17 which everyone agrees will be a let-down as usual. But anyone still playing now is going to support it to the bitter end.

Elite is being sunsetted on consoles, they will never get odyssey and no further updates. PC players will get a little more but probably not much. I don't know what effect this will have on SC. I honestly have no idea what people see in these "space trucker" games anyway.

3.17 is a smaller patch than usual. All hands on deck for 4.0 including a Vulkan rewrite of the renderer, server meshing, Pyro system and the Deus Ex-y immersive sim quest design stuff they showed off last year.
youtu.be/ZckURooerc0

>Deus Ex-like systems and mission design
come on dude, a bunch of isolated systems that dont mesh together is nothing to care about.

I have serious doubts that Pyro is anywhere near release.

They're unironically sitting on fuckloads of content and locations because the current renderer and networking solutions can't handle it and no one can do anything about it until both sides are ready to launch together.

i just love how literally EVERY problem this game has is magically going to be fixed by "server meshing". This was exactly what these youtubers said about object container streaming before, and physicallized inventory before that.

They can barely get 1v1 working with arena commander, so forgive me for doubting that thousand player servers are around the corner.

>They're unironically sitting on fuckloads of content and locations
If Pyro were actually complete, it could be added to the game right now, in 5 minutes. Modify the launcher, add a new "System", done. Of course, this would present other issues such as all of your stuff being in Stanton, but they have been creative before.

Star Citizen is literally ARMA in space with ARMA's problems. If you played ARMA you know exactly what I mean by that. The server is responsible for inadequate client performance with no way to offload various processes to other systems. On top of that, we're stuck on a last gen graphics API that's being tasked to handle next generation-worthy rendering.
>They can barely get 1v1 working with arena commander
That's been completely fine since 2015 so I don't know what you're talking about.
>If Pyro were actually complete, it could be added to the game right now, in 5 minutes.
As an instance, which would run just as shitty as Stanton does. It's probably better to just tell people to be patient instead of kicking the problem down the road.

So was Freelancer.

pyro nyx and terra are going to be boilerplate stanton anyway. And I just dont accept that server meshing is this magical, fix all technology.

To be honest, people say this game looks amazing and 10 years ago it did but I think even console games today have it firmly beaten. And it looks even worse when you actually see it in action with all the server jank and dodgy laser effects. Its not a nice looking game anymore.

When will Roberts admit that this game was always meant to be Freelancer 2 but he renamed it at the last minute for kickstarter? There are even concept images for docking rings. The community clearly wants it to be something else.

Everyone on PC already switched to SC after Odyssey anyways, the only thing to think about now is that Skyrim in Space game that will probably be hilariously shit.

here comes the delusional cultist sullying the name of deus ex again
kill yourself subhuman

I know people like to rip on Star Citizen because its been ten fucking years and they are still in alpha, but the fact that you can be on a planet or moon somewhere, fuck around on foot or in a space Jeep on the surface for a while, then get in a ship and take off, leave the atmosphere, fly around the planet, then quantum travel to another planet or moon on the other side of the system, get dropped in orbit, then fly down to the surface, get out, and fuck around without ever seeing a loadscreen is absolutely batshit insane. Even moreso when you realize that there are 49 other people with you doing the exact same thing.

Server Meshing is the biggest impediment to the "vision" that CIG has for SC, because having players be limited to a single server means you are limited in the amount of content that players can have before the server shits its pants and melts down into slag.

Server Meshing will make or break the game. I hope they get it up and running soon, because for fuck's sake guys its been a decade.

Also, 10/10 best ship coming through.

Attached: fllhzqc2ulbu[1].jpg (2560x1080, 243.03K)

have they even put in a queue system for getting onto a server?

I grant you there is some impressive stuff, really groundbreaking technology, but what if anything does that have to do with creating a fun and enjoyable video game?

>I know people like to rip on Star Citizen because its been ten fucking years and they are still in alpha, but the fact that you can be on a planet or moon somewhere, fuck around on foot or in a space Jeep on the surface for a while, then get in a ship and take off, leave the atmosphere, fly around the planet, then quantum travel to another planet or moon on the other side of the system, get dropped in orbit, then fly down to the surface, get out, and fuck around without ever seeing a loadscreen is absolutely batshit insane.

Yes, it's also not that fun to do.

is this how it feels being stuck in a time loop?
these posts all read the same since atleast 2016, nothing has changed aside from the name of the next buzzword performance silver bullet that will make everything work great for real this time

the eternal memory hole

>enough to prove that making space games fun is beyond the grasp of a developer with literal hundreds of millions of dollars.
doesnt prove anything, because they wasted all that money on using a buggy shitty engine, redoing the entire thing on a similar engine, then proceeding to just waste all their time creating new ships (with new promises of gameplay) for even more money instead of creating what was already promised

I JUST WANT TO BE ABLE TO BEDLOG ON A CONSTELLATION WITH A MERLIN THAT CAN DOCK, SO I CAN LOG IN AN INSTANTLY FLY AROUND TO JOYRIDE ANYWHERE IN A TINY SHIP

THEY FINALLY GOT THE MERLIN DOCKING WORKING AND BEGLOGGING IS STILL FUCKED

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKED

literally breaks your entire save file and you have to reset your fucking character now if you bedlog

being able to log in and out of your bed is such a huge fucking deal, instead of having to wake up at a stupid apartment every single time and go call a ship and take off, you can just fucking go log out wherever you are and then log back in. it worked alright for a while like 2 years ago or so but now its all fucked up apparently, or last i tried a few months ago

I just wanted Freelancer 2. And now there's no guarantee Underspace will be out...

Engine is already showing its age.
By the the time of release, and I am not talking some outlandish date like 2020, it will be more than two gens behind.
It will never have 100 star systems and tens of thousands of players per server.

>outlandish date like 2020
what did he mean by this?

user, you're saying this as if people would care to look into the nitty-gritty of why the game failed. When it comes down to it, the game won't come out, if it does it'll be a buggy mess, and if it isn't then it's game-play won't have anything worth remembering, and that's what it's going to be, the masses will always know that nearly half a billion dollars wouldn't be enough to make a real scale space game fun.

>when they had a roadmap of goals they were working towards
>but then the road had to be delayed
>so they made a roadmap for when the roadmap could be finished
>but the devs were too lazy to work on that
>so now they needed a roadmap for the roadmap for the original roadmap

Attached: draw 2 keks.png (334x334, 162.37K)

There is a system, but I've never had to wait to get into a server.

There is way more shit in the game compared to back in 2016. The performance is way better as well. You used to be lucky to get 30fps with a top of the line system, but now even middle of the road rigs can easily get 60fps in the majority of Stanton (as long as they have 32GB of RAM and an SSD olololololol).

The bug I ran into a while back was any time I bedlogged in my Aurora while landed somewhere, when I got out of the bed the ship would explode. In space it worked fine, but on land happened every time.