Why are colossal swords so bad in Elden Ring?

Why are colossal swords so bad in Elden Ring?

Attached: The+greatsword+in+elden+ring_f86124_9364581.jpg (511x582, 50.51K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jkNo59K2mcg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

They aren't, you are.

/thred

What are you talking about? I 2-hand the grafted sword all the way through the game. Don’t need ashes of war or magic. Just jump and smash on head.

Who else loves the basic weapon art it comes with? I never get tired of using it.

Attached: 1509257805543.gif (374x254, 1.75M)

If you put bloodhound step on them they become insanely broken. Massive range+mobility+stagger

Wait a sec... that sword..Is that a reference to..?

If I do this with dual Giant Crusher, is the recovery time on swing mitigated?

I never touched anything else after getting the Moonlight Greatsword or whatever it's called in ER until NG+. It's more than enough to deal with anything the game throws at you without using summons, ashes or magic.

Yes! Its a reference to FFVII

faggot op effortlessly btfo /thread

fpbp

Yes! It's a reference to the iconic weapons used by the SOLDIERs of FFVII!

Colossal weapons even with huge stat requirements barely do more damage than other weapons. Scaling's all kinds of fucked. Quick dex weapons do as much as slow ass colossal weapons AND stagger the enemy just as easy. To use the big weapons, you have to abuse jump attacks

>Quick dex weapons do as much as slow ass colossal weapons
No they don't, you can't get the AR of a colossal on a quick dex weapon. But you can get like 20% less while swinging more than twice as fast, so they do vastly outdps colossals on r1 spam
>AND stagger the enemy just as easy.
This is just bullshit though. Colossals stagger way, way more than quick dex weapons.

Because OP is a colossal faggot

I can hit 900 ar on a faster one handed weapon that I can enchant, or 8 can get 800 on a colossal weapon I'm two handing that can't be enchanted. Makes you think.

based

Unless you're dual wielding, you're only ever getting one hit before they can roll away. With bloodhound step on the greatsword you can get over 1k AR with a buff and with the AoW you can effortlessly poke roll catch and 2-shot most players
L2 into R1 roll catches a panic roll, only takes one and they're dead

You mean 900 AR WITH the enchant. There is no quick dex weapon in the game with 900 phys AR. And I'm not sure which weapon you're talking about, but even 900 AR buffed is an outlier for dex weapons unless you're like SL300. On my 50/50 dex/fth build I was getting something like 550 phys AR on a sharp naginata and about 250 extra AR from a buff for around 800 total split AR. I'm sure some weapons can do more, but not that much more. Meanwhile, a +25 heavy giant crusher has 895 pure phys AR at 60 STR 2-handed, and it can be buffed as well.

But if you do abuse jump attacks they're giga op
Elden Ring let's you set your own difficulty
If you use range, items, magic, summons, op weapon arts, the game is dark souls lite, a fun taste of dark souls for a slow leisurely casual playthrough enjoying the world and cheesing or just statchecking most bosses
Or you can play melee only no weapon arts no horse combat and it's up there with the hardest of fromsoft games and a hard fought victory to get to the end

youtube.com/watch?v=jkNo59K2mcg

Git Gud

op fucking obliterated.