What's the appeal of From Software games?

What's the appeal of From Software games?

Attached: Dwight-the-office-420011_1024_768.jpg (1024x768, 79.84K)

Literally pirate them and find out for yourself

the exact fact that they are not video games, it's a cult

You mean their souls games?
They made a good game engine with Havok.
Combined with their japanese story writers, their king's field games finally become successful.

I don’t know. I didn’t like them.

fpbp

manchildren. do you know anyone who has bragged about beating a souls game that isn't a manchild?

Souls games aren't even that hard.

No they’re not. I would say DMC and SMT are harder.

nerd cred for beating them.

Question: what is the best kind of bear

Somewhat dedicated single player rpg experience, which has died off a lot over the last decade. It’s an average to above average game all around, but it has the premise of being difficult or challenging without being frustrating. Which I guess is accomplished by the expectation going in that you will die a lot. The series got really stale for me after beating DaS 1, 2, and 3 and every fan game just tries too hard to be similar. I really wish from would work on their engine; rolling into the attack and dealing with all the latency is getting so tiresome

Grizzly.

For me, its always been the open ended world design. Dark Souls 1 allowed you to basically reach harder areas in the game right off the bat from the starting area, and it was really interesting to see how the world was interconnected. The game had an almost metroidvania type of design with an ARPG style of gameplay, I was a bit disappointed with sequels focusing more on just being 'hard' games with a bigger focus on being challenging just for the sake of "Prepare to Die". Elden Ring really captures what I loved about DS1 in regards to its world design, specifically the legacy dungeons, which feel even more intricate than DS1.

It's one of the very few modern games that doesn't hold your hand or chase modern trends. Besides Open World for ER I guess, but that's not exactly a "recent" trend.

>Dwight image
>Absolutely terrible post

Attached: 54BAA69A-C9CE-49BD-923E-908FA710DB03.jpg (447x444, 15.73K)

Sense of accomplishment
Not being treated like a child like most games
Art design
Mysterious Atmosphere
Thats about it

Tryhards. Only in the west too. Absolute cancer.

It's refreshing to play a game that trusts you overcome a challenge on your own, so many big triple A games hold your hand because they want you to experience a story or narrative over actually getting immersed in the game's world, especially most big open world games. They spent so much time and money developing the game, that they go out of their way to hand hold you through the world to ensure you experience everything they worked on.

an immersive interesting world, where the gameplay forces you to take your time, assess your surroundings and think things through. You appreciate the setting a lot more thanks to the difficulty

developing an ego over completing games that are marketed as difficult but endlessly throated by games journalists for over a decade

Their games are carefully crafted so that people that are bad at vidya can feel like an ebin hardcore gamer because after 10 attempts they finally developed enough muscle memory to defeat one specific gimmicky heckin hard boss

They have really, really good marketing and a cancerously devout fanbase.
>IT'S THE HARDEST GAME EVER
>ARE YOU A BAD ENOUGH DUDE TO SLOG YOUR WAY THROUGH AN EPIC QUEST FILLED WITH RETARDED AI AND SLOPPY HITBOXES?
>YOU TOO CAN BE A HARDCORE GAMER IF YOU PURCHASE OUR VIDEO GAME PRODUCT
>WHAT'S WRONG? DON'T LIKE ENEMIES PHASING THROUGH SOLID STONE WALLS TO GANK YOUR SWEET CANDY ASS?
>WELL THEN...MAYBE YOU NEED TO...GIT GUD™
>DEVELOPED BY FROMSOFTWARE
>BANDAI NAMCO PRESENTS
>ELDEN SOULS 27
>COMING SOON TO BUNCH OF PLATFORMS IT'S NOT PROPERLY OPTIMISED FOR

I like how your character is a relatively weak human who kills thematically stronger and stronger enemies