Why do people who played Yakuza 0 always say bad things about the previous games?

Why do people who played Yakuza 0 always say bad things about the previous games?

I know the games before it weren't as polished as 0 but they weren't bad

Attached: main.jpg (640x722, 140.04K)

They're 0babies

like a dragon> yakuza series
i loved ishi he can be the main yakuza guy his afro is dope fuck you shitty fans let me play the video game

they set their expectations too high since they started with the best game in the series, which features years and years of improvements.
if they'd gone in release order, they probably would've appreciated other entries more, because each one feels like step forward in several ways with the amount of refinements and improvements they bring.
they've sort of fucked up since then with the introduction of the dragon engine, and with most of the games on it.

Really? Cause it was my first, and I still appreciated 3 and 4 so much.

Just finished 2 completely. Majima saga was neat even if damn short. Really don't care for some of the fighting aspects of 2 vs 0/1. Also the music sucks in comparison.
Real annoying having to install music restoration patches every game. Also 2 lacking an intro video was gay.

They start with one of the more polished and better games, and because its their first it becomes the standard they judge the series as a whole by - so they dislike the older games for being less polished than what they see the starting point as

Attached: daddy.jpg (940x1253, 137.26K)

Because they either never played them or rush the main story of every game to catch up with the latest game.

0 > 1 > 2 >>>> 3 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 4, 5

Never played 6

I really dislike 0 but only because Kiryu's moveset is shit.

It's a dumb opinion but you gotta admit 0 is really polished so it's no surprise zoomers hate the other games for being a bit dated.
Funnily enough I think Kiwami 1 and 2 are worse than the OGs

Wat. It's like the exact same as 1, just without Tiger drop. Beast is far better too

Because they use 0 as the standard due to it being their first game rather than viewing it through the lens of it being a game made after 10 years of trial and error. It leads to a different outlook and mindset on the series, especially if someone can't get used to the older writing, gameplay, or engine.

Yakuza 1 didn't have multiple styles

Kiwami 1's moveset is garbage as well

Kiwami does. Kiwami 2 doesn't tho.
For how slow it is beast seems horribly under powered. Rush is good as fuck tho. Especially for boss fights.

No it's not.

I still like the ps2 versions of y1 and y2 verus the remakes

>beast seems horribly under powered
Absolutely not, it's objectively his best style in 0 and the best style to use on any boss. You can literally just hold square for every attack on Amon and beat him that's how broken it is. It's only crappy early on because it doesn't have the high defense, super armor, or damage buffs yet. When you get to them do the Climax Battles that have Kiryu going against the bosses in gauntlets, he completely destroys them just with charge attacks.

Oh I don't mean to say they're useless or not powerful, they just don't feel that good to play.
Beast counters are really powerful especially against slow bosses. Style seems to be designed for multi targets but it excels against single targets

i started with 0, will i dislike the rest? i heard the gameplay is worse than 0 for the other games

1 dude, not 0. Ised beast all day in 0, in 1 it seems most the time someone stops it with a quick jab, or they simply dodge the thing

I’m currently playing judgment but it’s a slog. Might ditch it and play the yakuza games again. I never finished kiwami 2.

Yeah, I realized quickly you were talking about K1, my bad. K1 Beast is kinda so-so because they nerfed it heavily after how ridiculous it was in 0. It's better used for the grab attacks and swinging around heavy items in K1 because you have to deal with getting knocked down constantly in K1. Rush is far better but every style is pointless once you get Dragon upgraded enough since it does the most damage, has the best damage output, has the best moves, incorporates the best parts of each style into itself, has Tiger Drop, and has Sumo Slap. There's just no comparison.

No, you just have to temper your expectations with what 0 brings to the table because 0 is an anniversary game and a culmination of a decade of iterations in writing, gameplay, and mechanics. Many characters 0 builds up are because they are literal whos in 1, not because they were like that in 1. It's better to start in release order so you see how the series evolved over time but not everyone can get into that. Starting with 0 means different character expectations and different gameplay expectations going forward, and you hop engines when going from K1 to K2 to 3 with 3 taking you back to their second PS3 game after you just played their second Dragon Engine game.

Been stuck on 5th for a while now. I just can't bring myself to play it anymore. Getting cut in the middle of a story is bad enough already, since it feels like you're essentially restarting a new game multiple times, but the Aruka / Akiyama part was the fucking nail to the coffin.

I somehow got involved into Aruka, then got cut off with that fucking cunt Akiyama, only to get cut off again with Aruka.

Whoever the hell designed that shit should be shot.

I never really care about the gameplay in any of them. It's a serviceable beat-em-up translated to 3D and that's about all any of them ever are. To me 0 was the most successful because it's the best at distracting you. Nearly every side-story is entertaining and the two protagonist setup allows for decent story pacing of one slower chapter followed by a cliffhanger chapter swapping back and forth. You're only ever one chapter away from something exciting happening, and even if you don't care for one character you're never far from getting back to what you do care about.

Nearly every side-story in 1 is just someone trying to scam Kiryu, and this only slowly improves as you move up each numbered entry. Then having a single protagonist often means several chapters in a row of nothing happening because there's nothing else to cut to, or later on having way too many characters so you just kinda lose track of each one.