Why was this masterpiece forgotten?

Why was this masterpiece forgotten?

Attached: 616piKU8jzL.jpg (801x1000, 92.88K)

PC director's cut will be kino

Because its not a masterpiece.

>A literal fucking WALKING SIMULATOR
KOJIMAFAGS WILL EAT LITERAL SHIT

Attached: df0.jpg (422x408, 26.46K)

It wasn't, I actually liked it a lot.
But it's pretty much a one and done game. Nothing wrong with that at all, people just naturally move on.

Dunno man, it's kinda living rentfree in my head.
It's also done and not an IP.
Ubisoft was kinda right when they said that people care more about IPs than original/unique/new stuff

I can't believe people actually bought this game.

Attached: 1636038719396.gif (272x450, 3.5M)

I didn't buy it, but I was hyped before they released a gameplay trailer.

Still one of my fave games of the last 5 or so years. Not perfect, has a fair amount of flaws even, but still something i'd borderline call a flawed masterpiece. The way Kojima has been iterating over games since the 80s-90s is truly special and I hope he goes for another MGS/Death Stranding type third person game next, we're likely going to get an even more unhinged game by 2025.

Elden Ring reference?

DC comes out in 9 days, can't wait to replay this walking simulator for another 100 hours.

>>A literal fucking WALKING SIMULATOR
>KOJIMAFAGS WILL EAT LITERAL SHIT

>I can't believe people actually bought this game.

>But it's pretty much a one and done

Attached: 5d7.gif (661x522, 422.97K)

It's gameplay filtered Any Forums. They rather play dance dance revolution with their slow ass Fromshit bosses and enjoy the exact same story for the 12th time with the character names and titles changed. These are the same 'people' that thought Sekiro was worth GOTY.

i am curious to know if most eldenchads are also strandingchads. i would have thought they were

That is likely a one way thing. If you played Death Stranding you might like Elden Ring. Although if you play Souls games you likely don't have the patience or willpower to play through Death Stranding.

i'm buying it all over again soon

Death Stranding had interesting concepts and atmosphere and decent graphics.
It also had ELEVEN HOURS of REALLY BAD CINEMATICS.

- They should have removed about ten out of those hours (especially the last two fucking hours of the game rolling credits like 3 times), and only kept scenes with Mads Mikkelsen & Tommie Earl Jenkins.
- They should have made a more open world instead of always having the bad monsters and rain in the same fucking place, with forced interaction
- Mules and terrorists sucked

It requires attention spans

I love this name calling.

>Walking Simulator.

As far as I can tell, DS is the only game that IS a walking simulator. Like walking is an actual gameplay mechanic. You have to plot your route, travel smart, and pack effectively for what you might come across(terrain/enemy wise) So what else are you comparing it too? Stuff like Gone Home or Hellblade? Because those aren't walking sims. They're just linear, on-rails narrative games. Walking isn't a mechanic, it's just traversal, like any other game. So if DS is the only actual Walking Sim, then it's the only kind of it's genre, so calling it that doesn't mean much when there isn't shit to compare it too.

I can't believe you care so fucking much to visit the thread and post about it. Seethe much?

I liked DS but these are fair complaints. The beginning and the end cutscenes are not only too long, it's basically unfiltered exposition dumps. He'll it tells you stuff for hours in the intro, but not enough to understand what the fuck is going on, so it's just like 2 hours of nonsense.

The MULES felt like an unfinished concept to me.

Good games with no inherent flaws are forgotten about on Any Forums because there's nothing worth causing a shit storm over, where as games like OoT, Dark Souls and Smash Bros are all good games but have terrible flaws which is why they, and those like them, talked about and shitposted about daily

The reason why this materpiece was forgotten was because Any Forums accepted that there's not a single thing wrong with it, so it's not worthy of making people angry over

>especially the last two fucking hours
Nigger you what? The last few hours of the game were the best ones in terms of cinematics half because of kojimbo remembering that human drama is a thing you can have in a story and half because he told the actors that they're allowed to act now. Norman Reedus felt just like Kiefer Sutherland from MGSV in that they presumably couldn't afford to pay him to VA a whole game and kept his character on mute for 95% of the game until the last 5% where it turns out that hey, he's actually pretty good in this role and it would have been nice to see some of that in the previous 38 hours.
>Mules and terrorists sucked
They might have been more interesting if the very first weapon you ever get wasn't also the best weapon for dealing with them throughout the entire game.

Filtered by Kino

are you shitting me, you seriously finished the game and felt it was OK to sit on your ass to watch credits fake roll, then wait through 20 more minutes of nothingness for a "gotcha!" and yet another round at it?
The end was absolutely fucking retarded, and if you hadn't already realized by the time you were roughly at the snowy mountains it was all foreshadowed so hard that only a blind nigga could have missed what the whole thing was about.
Putting a stupid street fighter fight in your last stretch (which was also just lame overall) is another stupid ass thing about the game.

I fucking LIKED the game's vibe throughout, it's just that Kojima has good concepts in his mind and then absolutely horrible execution in all the things he wishes he could be (i.e. movie director)