How is it that this guy is such a scumbag but is still the most likable character in the game? What a lovable rascal

How is it that this guy is such a scumbag but is still the most likable character in the game? What a lovable rascal.

Attached: bloody based.jpg (304x166, 7.02K)

average slav

I have no sympathy for alcoholics

That's just called being a well written character

There's a reason evil/asshole people win in this world. Humans are predisposed to being interesting little rascals, and those who are prone to goodness are simply too afraid to face the challenges of the universe head-on.

Its been awhile since I played Witcher 3, but aren't all of his quests about him trying to get forgiveness and right some of his wrongs?
He wants to apologize to his daughter, get his wife back, and there's the whole thing with the aborted baby

You missed the point.
He's well liked because everyone can tell he's a good person inside, he's just ridiculously weak and loses all his internal battles.

It helps that he's a badass despite being so physically unfit, the part where he fights the harpy or whatever it was with Ciri was really cool.

Attached: out_of_the_shadows.jpg (1920x1080, 587.07K)

he's just a raging cuck

IIRC his wife was even crazier and more violent than he was. She deserved to be knocked around. Her being turned into a monster by the witches was just

No, you missed the point. He's well liked because he's an evil(did you forget his heinous war crimes and the killing of fathers and the rape of daughters he allows in Velen?) asshole who forges ahead in the world and holds significance to this existence and isn't afraid to face it head on, stumbling along the way as is only natural for a human which adds to his charm.
A goody two-shoes is too passive to accomplish anything of significance at all which is why their achievements only ever get highlighted in fairy tales where the other characters and world around the main character is horribly unrealistic. This is why Geralt gets annoying sometimes, but he's still a bastard who cuts the heads off of questionably innocent people simply for raising their voice with him.

I mean. have you seen the other guys in the witcher? Compared to them he's downright pleasant

He was a drunk that beat his wife up right? Is that even a big deal in medieval/Witcher times? I’d think Geralt and everyone else would be like ah yeah that dudes alright, just a bit of a drunk.

I like the Baron because he's very honest about how shitty he is, he doesn't make excuses about it it's quite admirable. And Geralt IS pretty much like "ah yeah that dudes alright, just a bit of drunk" because he honestly isn't as bad as the dishonest politician/social climber and thug types Geralt usually interacts with.

He's basically Bobby B.

Attached: 800x500.jpg (800x500, 137.06K)

>raises a dozen kids to be sacrificed by witches
Bitch deserved to die waaaaaay more than the baron

>who cuts the heads off of questionably innocent people simply for raising their voice with him.
wat

What did he do wrong again?
I just rememer his wife being a cuunt over and over again until he couldn't take it anymore

yeah, honestly his wife was a cunt asking for a beating. I didn't have an ounce of pity for her

GODS I WAS STRONG THEN

god ciri is so fucking cute

Ciri is a PUTA!!!

Attached: ciri.png (724x646, 876.59K)

He's repentant. People love to give second chances to repeat-offenders, because they're fools. It gets them all teary-eyed, and hits them right in the feels or some faggotry like that... boohoo awoo.

you're so edgy, user. Sugoi

pain up the ass?

He's the lad that grew old before he understood that he was.

Yea both are cucks

While he was off at war his wife started banging someone behind his back, he caught them when he came home and killed the man then started in on his wife. I forget if it's him or from their daughter you piece together they had been drifting apart for a while already before he had to leave. After he killed her lover, who turns out she really loved, he tried to at least keep their marriage together because he fully loved her desite his lashing out. Eventually she agreed to have another child both thinking it might help slavage their marriage, but like all times it didn't and one night she did her usual taunting while he was drunk, he beat her, and she wished for nothing more than the child to be gone and free of him. The Withces granted her wish, then took her as a nurse maid for their snacks.
I forget when the daughter disappeared but she hated her father for the way he was and its why you find her signed on with the witch hunters.

I'm real cranky rn, I want to play a new game, but they're all shit.