Will Capcom EVER address their ultimate fate?

Will Capcom EVER address their ultimate fate?

Attached: 4553d5b6650fce2588f8332f09578fa6.jpg (736x842, 241.13K)

They all die.

Hell no, addressing their fate in the X series goes against the tone of Classic totally and is a question that doesn't need to be answered within the X series.

All we know for sure is that the Cataclysm theory of Zero is bunk.

human dies, so will robots.

It was always bunked. How is anyone going to just let the murderer of the world's most renowned hero just walk freely among them? Everyone just fucking forgot that Mega Man was a thing?

>Everyone just fucking forgot that Mega Man was a thing?
Apparently, since X is a total mystery to everybody except Dr. Cain and Reploids all being descended from him is supposed to be a secret. X by all rights should have a Jesus-like reputation among Reploids but the only one that holds him in that kind of reverence (even if antagonistically) is Sigma.

Mega Man was plucked from the peaceful future to be turned evil and fight his past self, the "current" Mega Man, who killed him. He died by his own hand.

Attached: quint.png (472x699, 426.79K)

can't take quint seriously when his weapon is a fucking pogo stick

X is a mystery because Light never revealed him to the world. He didn't think X would be ready, not even in his lifetime.

maybe... but nah, they won't

Right, but Mega Man should be well known enough that somebody can just take a look at X, maybe witness his copy abilities (which are still functionally magic to everybody even by the time of Mega Man Zero and beyond, and which is lost technology by the time of Legends), and hazard a guess he's related to Mega Man in some way or other.

It's just not important.

Attached: 1620279973348.png (512x478, 148.3K)

The fact there's only one Batton in the entirety of Megaman X leads me to believe some cataclysmic event halted robotics in it's tracks until X came along. Obviously not Zero related, like a market crash or something that made Robots too costly to produce before X came along.

BUT HEY THAT'S JUST A THEORY

Especially since Robot Masters don't seem to be around, or aren't regarded in-universe as some kind of missing link between Reploids. RMs, AI-wise, are like 90% of the way there already, and they weren't a Light/Wily only thing what with Cossack, the world tournament in MM6, and MM11 even naming a few corporations with their own answers to Light bots like Fuse Man sharing a similar purpose to Elec Man.

>are like 90% of the way there already,
See I think thats wrong I think they are doing the thing where in the X universe the classic robots would not be perceived like we did when we played classic, in classic they are enhanced for cartoon/marketing reasons, while in X we would get how they actually were, just workers with no intelligence.

At this point I lean towards believing that Classic and X are two different timelines.

They may as well be for how little weight they actually hold towards one another. X5 seemed like it was actually gonna go somewhere with Light and Wily still being alive but digitized, then promptly went nowhere with it. I dunno if Inafune actually had anything planned for that or if it was just because he thought X5 was gonna be the definitive ending of that series.

Then again this is the same producer that introduced Iris, gave basically no screentime to her that wasn't a cutscene, and ended up getting the whole storyline mogged by Battle Network 6 that reprised it and was able to flesh it out a bit better with Lan in place of Zero.

Attached: 1623030672247.jpg (340x378, 32.49K)

Nope. Capcom produces some great games but just like Nintendo, they will never touch some subjects because their own policies. The only thing left are teasers and 20 years old Breath of Fire games that had balls

Probably not. X is only a possible future or parallel timeline according to at least one staff member. I vaguely recall someone other than Okohara confirming this, but I can't really recall who, when or where.

>—I’ve got lots of other questions, but one thing I wanted to know: is there a connection between the original Mega Man series, and the X series?
Okohara: The world of Mega Man X is not the strictly determined future world of the original series. It’s merely one possible future, or parallel world. There’s a character that resembles Dr. Light in the X series, but whether they’re the same person or not, we leave ambiguous.

>—In the backstory, X is discovered before Zero, but of the Maverick Hunters, Zero is senior in rank. What is that about, exactly?
>Okohara: Dr. Cain used the discovery of X to create the other Reploids, but as the first Mega Man X story explains, he sensed a possible danger with X and had to seal him away. Once that danger had passed, X joined up with the Maverick Hunters. So that’s why Zero is the senior ranking member.

So this actually clears up some questions regarding X's situation. Basically, Cain found X but didn't actually wake him up right away. He first created and mass-produced Reploids, and it was only then that X was allowed to wake up. Presumably, Cain did this so that X wouldn't have to deal with being the first of a new type of robot. Additionally, the ruins of Dr. Light's lab are a restricted zone and Reploids can be terminated on sight if they're caught trespassing.

As far as most people were concerned, X just kinda showed up and joined the Hunters one day. Also, X doesn't actually know his own origins. He doesn't really know who the Dr. Light hologram is, as the hologram never actually introduces himself. He probably at least understands that the the guy's his creator, but he doesn't know his name.

Zero killed them