Margit vs Taurus Demon

>both are the first major boss you encounter
>both have a wooden ugly stick to beat you with
>both are encountered in a corridor type arena
why is taurus so beloved and margit so hated? they are practically the same thing

Attached: file.png (605x465, 539.09K)

cause dark souls was played by real gamers and elden ring is babbies first souls for every normalfag piece of dogshit

Probably because Margit is harder than any boss in DS1

really? harder than seath and nito, which are extreme late game bosses?

Probably because Taurus demon is piss easy, and instantly loses roughly 50% health from what might as well be a scripted plunge attack

DKS1 is easy as fuck in general, by far the easiest souls game

Because there is no lava area with 8 Margits haphazardly dropped as non-boss mobs. From hates their Dark Souls roots.

My thoughts: taurus you can basically cheese with gold pine resin found about 5 seconds before. Margit you need to git gud or summon (which feels like cheating)

pretty sure you can cheese margit too with a +12 heavy great mace with 60 strength

Multiple avenues of defeating him.
>Back-and-forth attrition on the bridge main
>Plunging attack
>Duel on the watchtower
For being the understated first boss I think that's kinda neat. Also
>You can dodge most of his swings just by footsy-ing backwards on the bridge, even with heavy gear
Margit is still fine, if a little generic of a fight.

>60 strength
>for an early game boss
Nigga...just stop playing if you have to grind that much

both of them are easy

Can't tell if this is bait, but Seath is one of the easiest Dark souls 1 bosses in the entire game.

Have you played DS1? Those two are insultingly easy. Only bosses that rivals Margit's challenge in DS1 are Manus and Gwyn no parry.

seath and nito are pathetically easy, even by souls standards. Margit is more comparable to Artorias, but even Artorias doesnt have the massive moveset, combos, delayed swings and input reading that Margit has. He asks a lot for a newbie player to get used to, compared to Taurus demon whos biggest hurdle is getting back to his fog gate from the bonfire.

surely endgame dark souls 1 has bosses that can top the difficulty of a mid game boss in elden ring like malenia or godskin duo

>developers give you options for different strategies
>le scripted!
I hate zoomers

Yea because ds1 bosses don't have delayed timing bullshit.

I can tell you haven't played it in years lmao. Nito and Seath are complete pushovers, and basically move in slow motion compared to any recent souls boss

elden ring is a different beast. I haven't played a ton of souls games (got to smough and ornstein on DS1, played to cathedral of the deep on ds3). after getting a decent bit through ER I went back and played ds3. everything is way easier in comparison. I still die but it's much easier to process what went wrong because it's more predictable and not as fast
at the same time if you know how or look at a guide you can cheese the fuck out of Elden Ring

Nothing in Dark Souls comes close. Dark Souls is so pathetically easy you can two hand a zweihander in Havel armor and facetank most bosses chugging estus. Pretty much every single game since Dark Souls is deliberately designed to punish any and all Dark Souls 1 strat because of how easy that game was.

Because margit is impossible unless you explored like an open world cuck

Its just a nice little trick to make an easy boss even more braindead. Not really some exciting strategical master stroke.

so what's your opinion on people who's first FROM game is elden ring, are they tempered by higher challenges than those who started with dark souls 1?

I will say if you beat Elden Ring without abusing all the cheesy shit you should be able to shitstomp Dark Souls 1 at the very least.

Youll be fine because Elden ring encourages exploration and has a massive variety in possible strategies to help you overcome any boss. Earlier souls games are only challenging in that when you die the distance between bonfires is much greater, and you have to endure the entire walk back every time instead.

lmao, beat him at level 9 vagabond on my second playthrough
hes not that difficult at all.

Taurus takes actual skill to beat and is fun.
Margit is mortal kombat 2 tier cheap trash with blatant tracking and input reading, infinite stamina while zooming around like Sasuke and Naruto.

Taurus is better because he doesn't fucking talk in the middle of a battle like some generic anime character

because elden ring is at least 10 times as popular as dark souls 3 and there are a plethora of people new to the series

No one said it was. It's just another option the devs give you. It just shows this level one boss had more thought put into it than modern souls games.

there are parts of ER that are piss easy, but there are also parts that are really fucking hard. you'd think it's a linear progression from easy areas and bosses to harder areas and bosses, but it isn't. It's entirely random (on first playthrough) and you have no idea if the catacombs youre walking into is about to push your shit in or be a 5 minute piece of cake. also no non-boss enemies should have constant attack patterns like the royal revenant

did dark souls 1 have a linear progression of difficulty?

Malenia and Godskin Duo are the hardest bosses From has ever put in a game, period. They're utterly brutal and unforgiving to even seasoned veterans if you arent cheesing them.

The hardest DS1 boss is probably Manus and he's still basic compared to almost every ER boss

Fight itself is painfully dull

you're going to get fucked by the difference in attack animation for the first few hours. Finished DS3 and Sekiro a few days before buying ER, and it is fucking shocking, the delays and tracking in most elden ring boss attacks.
Genuinely tripped me up when Margit's windups were a lot bigger compared to say, Soul of Cinder

it's been about 12 years since i played it but yeah, im pretty sure it did. ER feels really fucking weird with how 1 boss is hard as fuck and then the next after it is easy. there are mini bosses that are legitimately harder than the main path bosses

Still more fun than margit

>can bait Taurus Demon into throwing himself off of the bridge
SOUL
>Margit and every other boss in ER are incapable of falling off ledges in their arenas yet the player can
SOULLESS

Yes, though the difficulty plateaus after Anor Londo. Elden Ring difficulty fluctuates wildly, with it spiking hard after Leyndell.

Yeah but You can say snorlax and pikachu are fucking impossible at sl1 its a retarded statement.

t. hasn't cheesed the evergaol crucible knight with the tree or the black blade kindred gargoyle

Zoomer audience pls understandu

I had more trouble with Kalameet. But yeah even the AotA bosses are basic as fuck compared to Elden Ring.

I almost wonder how the game would be received if they kept nerfing OP stuff. I feel like the reason it's been so popular is because of how easily cheeseable a lot of stuff is. I think another user described it best when they said in Elden Ring you don't outplay the boss, you outbuild the boss.

Simply put, Dark Souls hasn't aged well. Its difficulty comes from being ignorant of the formula. I remember thinking Taurus was a nightmare, because my first experience with souls was feeling like the combat was clunky. I remember dying to hollows, being afraid of them even.

From knew it too, how Taurus will jump on the tower if you take too long for example.

It was pretty much a one and done deal, they had to up the ante as the games progressed because people got used to the formula. Even going into BB I did not find the huntsmen nearly as imposing as early game hollows or your first big spooky knight encounter because the formula is knowable. Same for DaS III, just fucking jumped right in and slaughtered them without fear until From pulled the Pus of Man on you.

Seath's AI isn't too hard to exploit.

Taurus is mechanically fitting, satisfying to kill with what is likely your first plunging attack or roll skill check or his own random suicide off the edge.

Margit (and Godrick) is a bloodborne tier boss with no gun to counter him and has 3 options, Hate yourself for an hour, Summon help like a fag, play sorcery lul.

Mario and Luigi move as if theyre underwater compared to any Elden Ring boss. They have very slow, predictable patterns and if you space them around the pillars like you should you can slap them easily with a sl1 Wretch.

>Hate yourself for an hour
hey, that's my experience with the big gargoyle in front of the church. got me a sweet faith sword though

>early game sorcery on margit
unless you're a faggot who watches the youtube guides people are uploading you have access to no good spells that early on to kill him. you NEED the meteor staff and rock sling, and you arent going to know how to get it unless youre a TOTAL FAG

>Aaaaah Chosen Undead, come to ring the bell.....I'm afraid not. In the name of the Bed of Chaos™, none shall pass this wall!
>Indeed, Undead Warrior, you arise in might. But now bear witness to the Flames of Kaos RAAAAAAAARRGGGHHH
>I'm sorry Queeflana, I could not safeguard the wall......

What Margit's not hated he's awesome. I love his dialogue too.

Malenia is at least fun once you learn to dodge what she can throws. The Godskin duo can go suck a cock. beat it in 3 tries and had zero fun in any of them

Dark Souls difficulty depends on how much you respect the game early on before you learn how to run around everything and realize how slow it is. Absolutely nothing can touch you in Dark Souls once you figure out the run button.

The Taurus demon fits the role of an early boss and is beatable with the knowledge and skill of a new player and is also another chance of applying the new plunging mechanic you do in the tutorial. Margit on the other hand exists to filter you and make you fuck off until you explore the rest of the region till you're good enough and his moveset is made to challenge and frustrate veterans of a 10+ year series let alone new players, their execution is entirely different.

What would From have to do to screw up the series to a point where the releases are commercial failures?

nigga you know 90% of people that picked sorcery never actually play blind

lel
I do wish when most bosses were speechless abominations with the sole intent to squash you. Makes for such a hostile, unwelcoming experience.

I replayed DS1 a few months ago and I physically cringed at memories of struggling with any bosses in that game. They each have like 3 highly telegraphed attacks, one of which is usually a special move that never happens unless you're too far away or something

>this made boomers piss and shit their pants with frustration

Attached: 1619941880675.jpg (1710x900, 166.59K)

you make a fair point, blind sorcery playthrough is kind of untenable with how spread out every single item in the game is. I will admit I have had moments of weakness, but after clearing 10-15 side dungeons and constantly getting STR/DEX weapons or faith spells/miracles it gets fucking tiring

>Margit (and Godrick) is a bloodborne tier boss with no gun to counter him and has 3 options, Hate yourself for an hour, Summon help like a fag, play sorcery lul.
Hes intentionally designed to be hard so you go and explore the rest of the map, come back SL40 and whop him. 99% of the people struggling on Margit don't realize the difference in damage between a +0 and a +6 weapon.

fuck that boss
shitty camera and shitty arena

learning how to predict the Capra jump attack and how to juggle dog AI in a cramped space so they don't corner you was a massive learning curve for the time.

>margit gets an item that keeps him on the ground temporarily
>you have to go off course all the way to lake where a fucking dragon attacks you if approach it from the wrong angle, then go north and enter a cave, then face a boss fight
miyazaki, why?

Taurus is easily beaten with ladder and plunging attack
Margit requires actual skill to beat
>margit so hated?
Everywhere outside Any Forums is fine with him. The ones that hate him are the filtered ones. He's a suitable roadblock into the first major dungeon (though easier than the main boss himself which is odd)
>they are practically the same thing
I don't think the 2 are all that comparable though. Taurus is practically a gimmick boss with a good view in his arena. The only thing they have in common is being a filter to new players who don't know the way to cheese the fight (Taurus - Ladder, Margit - Shackle)

>no dogs present
incorrect

Tarturus you can just plunge atack over and over, or if you're feeling brave then just hug his balls while he whiffs every attack

after fighting royal revenants a bunch of times i feel like i could easily win this fight

>halfway trough fog door
>goatman is already jump attacking me
What did From mean by this?

Piss easy. Had more trouble with taurus.

can't you get warped to Caelid? My first character was INT and I ended up in Caelid early on (I can remember emerging from one of the mines) and found the meteor staff and the wizard's clothes nearby entirely on accident. Legit the best gear I had for so long that I was kind of disappointed that I found them within the first few hours of gameplay. Plus, my class was Prisoner, so I already had one of the best spells in the game from the start.

Yeah, but if youre playing blind theres no fucking way you'd know an S+ tier staff was just chilling in a lake of rot that you'd normally nope the fuck out of, let alone find rock sling as well. Most players aren't just going to stumble upon it naturally, everyones playthrough will be wildly different. Without getting lucky and finding some GG gear Stormveil is brutal for casters.

Margit's animations are just fucking weird. He constantly slows down and speeds up his animations explicitly to fuck with the player and make it impossible to predict when the move is actually coming out without just memorizing the fight completely since your instincts on what any natural swinging movement are useless in this fight since he moves like a person on a video tape being fastfowarded and paused randomly.

Some quirks and nuances of how the game's AI functions tricks you into thinking there are no safe times to attack, because if you estus, the bosses in this game will cancel their endlag randomly where they otherwise couldn't. So if you're using a slower heavy weapon that needs more significant openings it can feel like there's never a safe time to commit.

Explore.

Literally just run up the stairs and shimmy along the ledge where he can't reach you

The problem was always the dogs once they die you can't lose, 10 years and several games later and dogs are still the same breed of cancer.

>taurus
Fun fight
>margit
Eh

Actually 3 was for babbies. Elden ring is now for the zoomies.

i feel like miyazaki has had personal encounters with pitbulls