Makes you think, of nintendo silently killed the update servers as well as the ability to redownload wii shop purchases...

Makes you think, of nintendo silently killed the update servers as well as the ability to redownload wii shop purchases, how much longer till wii u and 3ds meet the same fate

Attached: 7F5F57E4-BF0E-4038-AB5F-E1D87E870318.jpg (750x631, 201.96K)

doesn't matter, my shit is all pirated

nooo they are stopping me from consoooming my digital only content nooo

there is not a single case where an online store has prevented you from downloading things you have already purchased

>he favorite the tweet
i sage you just for that

Seriously who the fuck is using an unmodded Wii in 2022

Do it really matter when every Nintendo console

The problem is that they lock it to a specific system and then stop making that system, so your digital purchases are on a timer. Look at all of my Ps3 purchases, for example. Despite it being trivial for sony to just implement software emulators, so I can play Front Mission 3 or Suikoden on the Ps4 or Ps5, they decided "nah, you don't own those anymore, not unless you keep buying third party POS ps3 models. Here's hoping they don't break on you within a month!"

There's absolutely no reason to still be playing a Wii when the Switch exists.
>but I don't have one!
>but I can't afford one!
Then stop playing vidya. It's not a hobby for poor people.

You don't own those purchases, you bought a licence for them that can be revoked at any time. Read your TOS.

You already made this thread

>buy a nes game
>expect it to be playable on snes
why. explain this kind of logic to me. you bought a ps3 game. if I'm buying a digital game on ps5 I don't even know they're making a ps6, why should I expect it to still be playable on anything else?

why would you buy one to begin with
what fucking nintendo game did u absolutely have to play so much that you deigned to buy a nintendo console after 2004

It’s an argument that’s been around since the SNES launched, parents mad they have to buy a new console and that it’s unfair to make their old games obsolete.
On the other hand, outside of Satellaview there hadn’t been widespread digital games until the Wii generation.
My concern for future generations when consoles become more locked down and games being >100gb that archiving this stuff will be an uphill battle.

>Read your TOS.
okay!
>30 pages long
lol nope! time to jack off to feet!

>you don't own the purchases
I do in my country

Do you even know how the ps3 works
There is zero chance you could emulate a ps3 on a low end cpu from 2014

Because at the time it was a novel approach after gaming died at Atari and came back. Nowadays, especially more so with PS2 and further with Xbox that new generations are backwards compatible. Companies using radically different hardware each generation doesn’t seem to be a thing the last few years.

How about you straight kill yourself you nigger. There are some good games on the Wii, there are good games on every console. Playing modern games with all the microtransactions is fucking gay as hell

>Hack Wii
>Put Galaxy 2
>Ask update
>mfw
What do? I forgot what happened if....

Attached: 1618654499471.jpg (290x294, 15.15K)

>muh TOS
So much for "w-we're losing money from those dang dirty pirates" if you have to resort to slimy lawyerspeak.

I bought a game that should be tied to my account, and easily playable on the ps4 and ps5. This isn't like I bought something that's insanely complicated and requires hardware lightyears ahead of the current consoles. The Ps4 and PS5 can quite literally download software emulators and play them just fine, but you have to CFW the console to do it. Why can't sony just do that by default, and save me some trouble? Are you saying a Ps1 emu would break their highly sophisticated next gen console?

That's why I specifically mentioned Ps1 games. I don't expect Resistance or Ratchet and Clank: Tools of Destruction to work on future consoles, but come on. I have a 10 year old laptop that can run Mednafen or duckstation perfectly, and yet sony can't pull out the stops for a paying customer?

>There's absolutely no reason to still be playing a Wii when the Switch exists.
No, there are games on the Wii that cannot be played on the Switch.
>Then stop playing vidya. It's not a hobby for poor people.
No, gaming is one of the least expensive hobbies out there.

you were talking about ps3 games and now you're talking about emulating ps1 games. stop moving the goalpost, you're being disingenuous.

Snoy detected

Look at my first post. >my Ps3 PURCHASES
I didn't list a single Ps3 exclusive title, but made sure to discuss the Ps1 titles that I no longer have.