What is Any Forums's opinion of Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines?

What is Any Forums's opinion of Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines?
I heard it's fun but quite buggy.

Attached: 1647806118588.webm (1920x1080, 2.86M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ot36fsRKOJM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It's an important stepping stone in story driven RPGs. Holds up decently well if you understand it's going to be a little clunky. You have to understand the context and history of gaming before it was released. There was nothing like it at the time. The combat does not hold up well but it's serviceable. If you don't set your expectations too high it's thoroughly enjoyable, just realize it has some of that millenium era game development art/sound/gameplay jankiness. Realize they were pushing the envelope and taking a lot of risks with a low budget.

I keep meaning to play it and from the sounds of it it's right up my alley. I keep forgetting about it though lol

In fact I would say the game stands up better if you just cheat through all of the combat and play it for the story, exploration, and art direction. Morrowind feels the same way minus being an ultrawizard.

Just open the console command and give yourself all the best weapons.

Just get the mod that skips the tedious haunted mansion and sewet parts and it's good

Skip the sewers.
Skip the sewers.
Skip the sewers.
Skip the sewers.

It's part of the unofficial patch. You are missing nothing.

nah i just TGM through the endgame though

The writing, atmosphere and level design are some of the best in gaming and you can feel it's influence in tons of games that came after. The further you get the more obviously unfinished it becomes, but the experience is still worth it.

redemption > bloodlines

It's mostly like Deus Ex

>skips the tedious haunted mansion

Attached: 1597369343668.gif (330x166, 2.11M)

I love it, as I love its precursor.

Attached: VTM Redemption.png (1753x738, 80.83K)

It's fun but quite buggy.

they take like ten minutes if you know what you're doing :|
youtube.com/watch?v=ot36fsRKOJM

Essential playing for anyone who has nostalgia for the 00s and/or any affection for goth or emo shit.

Attached: 1571935734839.jpg (1920x2880, 498.17K)

I do not understand how people cannot perceive things in the context in which the discussion exists. It will take easily far more than 10 minutes because the OP is playing a fresh game absolutely blind.

>not using the money command

>just cheat and skip parts of the game bro
fucking zoomer infested shitter hellhole website. Literally worse than Reddit at vidya and it's fucking pathetic

>It's an important stepping stone in story driven RPGs
…what? Did you type this with a straight face? This game came out in 2004. Morrowind came out two years prior. This game didn’t do anything to revolutionize story driven rpgs. It’s just a niche rpg in a moderately uncommon setting. I’m not shitting on it it’s a fine game. But it didn’t do anything for the rpg genre

>he doesnt just no clip to the end of the game
NGMI

youre 14 and never played the game.

Revolutionized the genre. Must play OP but you should bypass the sewers and cheat to avoid the archaic fighting.

>youre 14 and never played the game.
hello projection kun. I was actually alive when it came out, unlike yourself.
Now no clip through your floor IRL and end it all

even on my first blind playthrough it took me like an hour max, possibly less. use basic fucking navigational skills lol

Attached: punch.jpg (746x597, 145.79K)

Give your self 2000 free exp and put them all in combat skills. But not your vampire powers. Makes the combat playable.

> quite buggy.
that doesn't begin to describe. And now even the unofficial patch breaks the game for me.
the sewers are trash though, the unofficial patch installs a skip for this purpose. I never skipped it though since that ruins immersion.

>installs a skip
for people who played the game 10000 times already and want to get past that part. Not for zoomers who have ADHD to zoom past the game so they can tell their favorite stream that they too played 'The Vampires'
fucking shitter retard; take a trip to pic related hopefully ASAP

Attached: soul.jpg (2560x1440, 905.26K)

overhyped garbage that got famous because they put in a hot vampire chick

It took me 40 minutes and that felt like an eternity. Fucketh Sewer levels. Actually, nearly all the outside hub areas are shit in this game.

Skip the sewers imo.

Did anyone else have to no clip through the door in the museum because you picked up both keys by accident? If it glitches It'll use up both keys and you won't be able to open the second locked door.

>implying the average Any Forums shitter screaming about how unfair Elden Ring is possesses even rudimentary navigational skills

too old
not good anymore